Handicapped by The Turf Club Analysts

PURCHASE

Gulfstream Park - Race #5 - Post: 3:15pm - Claiming - 8.0 furlongs on the Turf. Purse: $41,000 Class Rating: 97

Rating:

#8 OCALA DREAM (ML=10/1)
#1 MEGAYACHT (ML=12/1)
#6 LORD OF WAR (ML=6/1)
#3 MASTEROFTHESENATE (ML=5/2)

OCALA DREAM - This trainer brings horses to the grass fit and ready to go, winning over 20 pct of the time under similar conditions. MEGAYACHT - I'm counting on this beautiful animal to run a strong race this time around. LORD OF WAR - I wouldn't worry too much about the vacation; this gelding is ready to run today. This speedball should profit from this contest's shorter distance. Moves back to a distance at which he ran a speed rating good enough to make him a contender today. Comparing how the horses in this field have fared under similar conditions, I see this one has the highest speed fig for the distance and surface. MASTEROFTHESENATE - Have to watch for this animal on the grass. Last race at Gulfstream Park, scored a big turf number. Have to think he can do it again right here. TrackMaster keeps good stats on this type of information. This gelding always seems to compete well after a layoff. This gelding's last speed fig is strong enough to win here, I'll play him right back this time around. Had a powerful closing move last time around the track, running the last quarter in less than 25 seconds. A similar race today, and it's straight to the winner's circle.

Vulnerable Contenders: #9 KURAMATA (IRE) (ML=2/1), #7 ROCK THE STARS (ML=8/1),

KURAMATA (IRE) - The speed figures continue to drop, 100/97/90. Not a good sign. ROCK THE STARS - Didn't hit the board on March 7th at Gulfstream Park. Followed it up with another less than stellar effort.

STRAIGHT WAGERS: Bet on #8 OCALA DREAM to win if you can get at least 9/2 odds
EXACTA WAGERS: Box [1,6,8]

TRIFECTA WAGERS:
Skip
SUPERFECTA WAGERS: Pass