Brian W. Spencer's Daily Picks

Churchill Downs - Race #6
Picks Notes
#3 Claire's Jete She might be quick enough to get in the mix while moving to the turf, and she has logged a couple works since the Keeneland debut run. Wouldn't be surprised to see better today.
#5 Bolt's Broad She's short on excuses at this point, but her better stuff stacks up well enough. Spying trip might give her the perfect chance to finally punch home.
#9 Pendulum She has been a logical player in all five career starts, but I worry she's going to be a bit overbet again today compared to her realistic chances of landing this.
Race Summary #11 Leo Toro is another to consider while going second out after what feels like a useful debut, but Claire's Jete might have some upside on the surface switch while also making her second start.
Churchill Downs - Race #8
Picks Notes
#2 Donegal Forever He comes out of a decent enough race and has the feel of the kind of horse who might enjoy a more leisurely marathon run while hopefully keeping the chalk in his sights.
#7 Next Probably silly to stand against him after the kinds of races he posted on his page last fall, but his only loss last year came off the bench, and I wonder if the presence of Classic Causeway will keep him just honest enough?
#3 Red Run He might be able to land a piece of this with a one-paced kind of effort, but I wonder if he's just the tiniest bit light to land it?
Race Summary Donegal Forever needs better than we've seen, but he's an unknown commodity at this kind of on long trip, and he might find himself in a good spot while watching it unfold.
Churchill Downs - Race #9
Picks Notes
#2 Double Your Money His overall form might be a bit stronger than it looks at first glance, as he's been in the frame late in all three of his lifetime stakes tries. Some intrigue while cutting back.
#6 No Nay Mets He can stick around better with the comeback under his belt, and maybe fans get a touch better price on the board today?
#8 Bear River He has actually run OK in a couple of those turf starts, and he might be able to get past a couple of these late to share at a price.
Race Summary The race shape might work perfectly for Double Your Money to sit just a few lengths behind the pace and hope an early battle leaves some tough forward players vulnerable late.