Thread: Money Arms

Money Arms

Week of 8/19/08

Kevin Slowey, Minnesota Twins, Tuesday vs. Oakland

I really like what Slowey has to offer. He has recorded 79 strikeouts while walking only 17 this season. He brings excellent form to this start, having given up only 10 hits and two earned runs over 11 2/3 innings. A lack of confidence certainly shouldn’t be an issue after he earned the Twins a 4-2 win over the Yankees last time out. The Twins have won nine of his last 11 starts. This will be his second career start against Oakland after giving up only one run in six innings against them last year.

James Shields, Tampa Bay Rays, Tuesday vs. Los Angeles

After a couple of rough outings against the Mariners and A’s on the road, look for Shields to bounce back against another A.L. West foe on Tuesday. Despite Shields not having his best stuff, the Rays were still able to win his last two starts, and that should give him a boost of confidence on the mound. Tampa Bay is 9-2 in his last 11 starts overall, and has won eight in a row when he pitches at Tropicana Field. His home ERA currently sits at 2.21 and he has struck out 76 while walking just 16.

Gil Meche, Kansas City Royals, Wednesday at Cleveland

I’m not sure what Meche has to do to earn the respect of oddsmakers, but obviously winning games isn’t enough. The Royals have won each of his last eight starts, and he’s suffered just one defeat since June 15th. Walks have been an issue lately, but he’s made up for it by striking out 31 batters over his last four starts. The Indians got the better of him in both starts in Kansas City this season, but in his only start in Cleveland, Meche tossed seven shutout innings back in early May.

Josh Johnson, Florida Marlins, Thursday at San Francisco

All Josh Johnson has done is win games during his comeback from Tommy John surgery. The Marlins are 6-1 in his seven starts since being re-inserted into the rotation just before the All-Star break. He has given up three earned runs or less in six of those seven starts. The Giants have one of the weakest lineups in the entire league, one that can certainly be taken care of by Johnson. He is undefeated in four road starts this season, leading the Marlins to wins over the likes of the Dodgers, Cubs, Phillies, and Mets.

Paul Byrd, Boston Red Sox, Friday at Toronto

Paul Byrd’s Boston debut wasn’t a successful one, as he suffered a 4-1 loss against these same Blue Jays. There won’t be nearly as much pressure in his first road start with the new team. Oddly enough, this will be his third consecutive start against the Jays. Back on August 9th, Byrd was masterful in a complete game win at Rogers Center in Toronto. That was when he was a member of the Cleveland Indians. The Indians had won four straight games with Byrd on the mound before he was dealt to Boston.

Bump

So far the money arms are 1-3 this week

I havent bet anything this week due to all the -250 lines
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Quote Originally Posted by Luke

Tuesday = Twins (W) 13-2
    Tuesday = D-Rays (W) 4-2
    Wednesday = KC (L) 8-5
    Thursday = Marlins (L) 4-3

Unless I am mising something that record is 2-2 where do you get 1-3????

Quote Originally Posted by Scott
    Quote Originally Posted by Luke

Tuesday = Twins (W) 13-2
    Tuesday = D-Rays (W) 4-2
    Wednesday = KC (L) 8-5
    Thursday = Marlins (L) 4-3

Unless I am mising something that record is 2-2 where do you get 1-3????
    I thought the Twins game was the Monday game they lost.

I thought you had one for each day of the week and didnt notice two of them were for tuesday.
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Its all good Luke

Money Arms 3-2 this week