Thread: MLB Info 8-24-08

MLB Info 8-24-08

Sunday's streaking and slumping starters

Streaking

Daisuke Matsuzaka, Boston Red Sox (15-2, 2.77)

Matsuzaka is 3-0 and has a solid 1.35 ERA in his last three starts and has not relinquished more than two earned runs in nine of his last 10 overall.

Dice-K has just one setback in his last 10 and is 3-1 in his last four at Fenway Park. He has also relinquished just three homers in his last 10 overall.

The Red Sox are 4-1 in their last five road games and are 7-3 in their last 10 overall.

Mark Buehrle, Chicago White Sox (11-10, 3.91)

Buehrle, who had just two triumphs in his first 10 starts, is 3-0 and has a 2.75 ERA in his last three overall and is 5-0 in his last five starts at U.S. Cellular Field.

Buehrle is coming of a recent home victory over the Boston Red Sox in which he relinquished one earned run and struck out eight in seven IP.

The White Sox are 40-14 in their last 54 home games and are 8-3 in their last 11 at home against the
    Tampa Bay Rays.

Slumping

Vicente Padilla, Texas Rangers (12-7, 4.96)

Padilla has just two wins in his last eight and is 0-2 in his last three starts. He has also relinquished 15 earned runs and six homers in his last 16 IP.

Padilla, who is 0-2 in his last four at home, is 3-4 overall at Rangers Ballpark and has relinquished 19 earned runs and seven homers in that period.

Padilla also has a lofty 7.27 career-ERA against the Cleveland Indians.

The Rangers are 3-12 in their last 15 overall and are 3-8 in their last 11 home games against the Tribe.

Luke Hochevar, Kansas City Royals (6-12, 5.51)

Hochevar has relinquished 23 earned runs in five straight defeats and has a lofty 6.11 ERA in his last three overall.

Hochevar is 1-3 in his last five home starts and is just 4-5 overall at home. He has relinquished 34 hits in his last 28.2 IP at Kauffman Stadium. Hochevar has a 5.02 career-ERA against the Detroit Tigers.

The Royals are 3-13 in their last 16 and are 0-4 in their last four against the Tigers.

I think Ill be against Daisuke and with Buehrle today.

thanks for the info my man.

Be careful though. your about to lose Noob status...LOL
    Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by IWS Zak
    I think Ill be against Daisuke and with Buehrle today.

thanks for the info my man.

Be careful though. your about to lose Noob status...LOL
    I will also probably go against Dice K. I like the BJays as home dogs with AJ on the mound and the fact that Boston is 1-7 in the eight in Toronto.

May play the Rays against the Sox though. I got the Rays at +160 so it is a better play.