Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast

Thread: RedHott Plays 8/28

RedHott Plays 8/28

10* Baylor +12' -106
    1* Baylor +450

Guys this one looks like a no brainer but I can assure you my home town Bears are ready for this one. I will be at this game in my season ticket seats counting my money all the way to the 4th quarter. This very well could be my largest investment of the NCAAF Football season.

Wagers 5996
    Spread
    WF 90%
    BAY 10%

Pinny Open/Current WF -12.5-107/-12.5-102
    Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter

Sounds like a plan!! I will tail you. BOL Mike!

Wake is supposed to have a good team and the Bears a new system and coach. Besides being your team, why Bears?
    NFL
    YTD 49-38-2 (+3 units)

College football
    YTD 38-37-1 (+1.6 units)

College basketball plays one unit each (unless noted)
    YTD 84-87-4 (-10.5 units)

Overall 171-162-7 (-5.9 units) thru 3-12

Wake Forest @ Baylor Bears

Wake Forest -12'

At

Baylor

Looks like a no brainer.

Yet can you tell me which team's offense was ranked higher last season?

Who had the tougher schedule?

That would be Baylor.

Baylor has been a sad program for years. With that said, they hold their own vs. non conf.

Last year, after a season opening shutout to #22 ranked TCU, they won three in a row, before playing conf. doormat.

In 06' they held their own at home, including some upsets.

It will take Art Briles a few seasons to get them to .500, but the guy can coach. They also have nine starters back, including some speedy receivers. Kirby (QB) transfered from Miami, and is pretty decent.

On defense, they picked up Def. Coach Brian Norwood from Penn State. The man was sick of Joe Pa's crap and left town. Over a dozen schools went after him and he goes to Baylor?
    He is installing a 4-3 and has some decent LBs.

Next issue is weather.

Clear skys forcasted for Thursday evening and the humidity shouldn't be too bad at night. With that said, we had the most pleasent Summer in a decade here in Winston. Unlike last year Grobe switched to two a days inorder to expose the team to some heat. He has been quoted as saying, "we are not ready for the heat down there in Texas."

Waco is going to rockin Thursday, with what should be a nearly sold-out venue.

Looking at Wake...

They will be a fade team this year as a chalk. Folks don't realize how big a value Kenny Moore was to this team. Not only catching the ball, but returning it.

The offensive line lost some big names. For Grobe to turn around his approach to moving the ball, it's a big issue. The running game will have to start running north and south, not east and west. We don't have the OL speed to pull on counter plays as we did during the past two seasons.

It is also clear that Skinner won't have the time to throw, as in the past. The only good thing, is going up against the Wake D everyday. Keeps him sharp I'm sure.

Taking that into consideration, along with Baylor's truble of stopping the run, Wake should run the ball all night.

Too many question marks for the Deacs and I see them coming out flat. Like last season, if Wake wins the toss, they will set the tone with the defense on the field to start the game. Field position and taking the auto threes from Swank, instead of pushing it, could be the theme of the season.

Had to dig for this and this could be an issue and the reason why Baylor is getting some Money Line action...

After sitting out of Wake Forest's final preseason scrimmage on Tuesday, junior quarterback Riley Skinner returned to practice on Wednesday, saying his sore hamstring felt much improved.
    "It's doing good," he said. "We did some work on it today. It loosened up a little bit."

Skinner, a two-year starter for the Demon Deacons, missed Tuesday's scrimmage after tweaking his right hamstring in the weight room. He practiced in both sessions on Wednesday in what was the final day of two-a-day practices.

Wake Forest opens the football season at Baylor on Aug. 28.

Forgot to mention that this was a cut and past job from another site (not trying to take credit for this). I don't have time to provide writeups but this was all stuff I already knew and was used in evaluating my selection.

Look solid bro, Ill look closer at it now.

NICE i was going to ask you about this was liking this game BUT LOVIN it now , i heard Baylor might be starting the freshman doesnt matter i follow the BIG 12 close and Baylor is upcoming maybe a upset HENCE the small ML play

GL will be tailing too

MLB YTD
    14-7-2
    +12.6 UNIT
    NCAAFB YTD
    10-15-1
    -10 UNITS
    NFL YTD
    1-1
    -.2 UNITS

liked baylor 2 at first,to many points on the road to lay,but still think wake has something to prove,and they do play in a very difficult conf.so they need to get a win as easy as thi9s could b 4 them,also the bcs is funny like that if wake doesnt blow them out they could b dropped from the polls,this is the first time they opened the season rank in a long time, jmo!

By the book: Linesmaker sizes up Wake-Baylor
    By MICHAEL PERRY | August 26, 2008

Michael Perry, head odds guy at Logans.com, is a busy chap around this time of year, but he's always up for talking pointspreads. Here's his take on the first big college game of the season.

Thursday Aug. 28 -No. 23 Wake Forest at Baylor (+12, 51)

People in Winston-Salem are excited for college football to begin. They have good reason, as the Demon Deacons return 14 starters on offense and defensive from last seasons team that finished the year 9-4. They have a great QB/RB tandem in Riley Skinner and Josh Adams critics took notice also, by rewarding Wake Forest a No. 23 ranking in each of the two major preseason polls.

With an opening line of Wake -14, bookmakers seem to be giving the Demon Deacons just a bit too much respect. The line currently sits at -12, and I think that is the perfect number for this matchup. One reason I think this line was overinflated in Wake's favor, is that they covered seven of their last eight games last year, and bookmakers were starting to notice that people were on the Wake bandwagon.

We are very heavy on Wake Forest, mainly at -12 and -12 1/2. A lot of people are looking at the standings from last year, and when they see Baylor going winless in the Big 12, that makes them side towards Wake Forest. One thing that worries me is it appears they have a QB controversy in Waco.

Robert Griffin will be the likely starter on Thursday, but if he struggles, look for former Miami transfer Kirby Freeman to get some snaps. One thing that Baylor has in its favor is home field advantage. Not only do the players realize that they still have a chance this season, but so do their fans. After all, everyone is still 0-0. While I dont think they have a chance to pull off the outright upset, I think that Baylor has a decent shot at a cover.

Interesting stat(s) to ponder: Baylor leads the all-time series 4-0. Wake Forest has never won a game in the state of Texas (0-11). Baylor was a woeful 2-6 ATS (against the spread) to close out last season.

I looked this game over and am loving Baylor too. I think this game may end with a last second field goal for the W.
    06-07 IWS NCAA Football bowl contest Runner Up
    07-08 IWS NCAA Basketball season contest 3rd Place

This game kind of reminds me of the season opener last year between Boston College and Central Michigan. The Chippewas kept it close at home the entire way.

I think Ill be on Baylor tonight too.

GL here my man.
    I don't have a microwave oven but I do have a clock that occasionally cooks shit

Quote Originally Posted by AC
    GL here my man.
    We have had an AC sighting

NCAAF Matchup Consensus - Team Experts
    Wake Forest vs. Baylor - Thursday, August 28, 2008
    Team Experts All Players 91.67% VS. 8.33%
    Number of expert picks for this game #
    Expert Picks for Wake Forest 11
    Expert Picks for Baylor 1
    Expert Picks for the Over 5
    Expert Picks for the Under 5

Wake Forest is 0-8 as non-conference favourites of 3 or more.

Lang:

5 Dime - Wake Forest

Quote Originally Posted by RedHottG2
    Lang:

5 Dime - Wake Forest
    All I need! I think Lang is hands down the greatest tout of all time.

Wake Forest -12.5 (100 dimes)

Quote Originally Posted by timbob
    Lang:

5 Dime - Wake Forest

Quote Originally Posted by timbob
    Lang:

5 Dime - Wake Forest

Damn Billy, really stepping it up with that $10 play