Thread: Brock Lesnar vs. Randy Couture in the works

Brock Lesnar vs. Randy Couture in the works

Read this at a couple places

BloodyElbow has exclusive details on what now is becoming more than just speculation. Michael Rome of BE has the scoop.

First, I can say with 100% certainty that there are current negotiations for Randy Couture to return in November to main event, and that the current proposed opponent is Brock Lesnar. They can't get Fedor, too many issues to work out on short notice, and he has a US-only non compete with Affliction.

This will be a new contract, not a return to the old one. It will likely pay him more and give him more benefits, but it will lock him into the UFC for the long term. In exchange for signing it Zuffa would drop all breach of contract charges.
    Dave Meltzer has started confirming things on f4wonline.com

A source close to Randy Couture has confirmed today that Couture is in negotiations with UFC for a new three-fight deal which would end the nearly nine month legal battle between the two sides.

If the deal is closed, and the source said they are hoping to conclude negotiations and announce the match sometime within the next week, Couture would face Brock Lesnar on 11/15, most likely in Portland, Oregon.

Couture was said to be hoping that if everything went well, the next two fights could involve Fedor, Nogueira, and/or Chuck Liddell. However, all previous hangups involving Emelianenko and UFC remain.

That will be the highest grossing PPV in UFC history if that fight goes down. I hope it does.
    Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter

Re: Brock Lesnar vs. Randy Couture in the works

I heard to get out of his UFC contract he was going to have to fight Lesnar . After that fight he was going to fight

Fedor in early 2009 .
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Quote Originally Posted by Luke
    I heard to get out of his UFC contract he was going to have to fight Lesnar . After that fight he was going to fight

Fedor in early 2009 .

I think that will be two ass whoppings for Randy.

Quote Originally Posted by IWS Zak
    Quote Originally Posted by Luke

Fedor in early 2009 .

I think that will be two ass whoppings for Randy.
    More than likely, but two huge paydays to retire on
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Breaking news: Couture returns to UFC
    The UFC announced today that heavyweight champion Randy Couture would return to the organization for a Nov. 15 fight with Brock Lesnar at UFC 91 in Las Vegas.

The return ends a year-long holdout by Couture that resulted in numerous legal claims and harsh words being tossed around by both sides of the dispute.

"We had some problems with Randy," Dana White said during the conference call. "We have resolved them all."

Couture resigned from the UFC in September 2007 via fax, citing a lack of respect. He also claimed that the UFC's failure to sign Fedor Emelianenko -- the one man he wanted to fight, and the man considered by many as the best fighter in the world -- as the last straw in his departure.

All of that seems to have been smoothed over, and the 45-year-old UFC Hall of Famer will return to the Octagon imminently.

The UFC continued to recognize Couture as the heavyweight champion during his absence, citing that two of the four fights left on Couture's contract were unfulfilled, and unless Couture retired permanently from the sport, he remained under contract to them. In the meantime, Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira was crowned UFC interim heavyweight champion following a win over Tim Sylvia, after Couture refused an offer to defend against Nogueira.

On paper, the Lesnar vs. Couture fight appears to have a good chance to rank among the highest-drawing PPV bouts in company history. While still very green in MMA, Lesnar's wrestling ability, punching power, and athleticism have caused many to deem him the future of the UFC heavyweight division.

Now its a title fight according to UFC.com.

Quote Originally Posted by IWS Zak
    Now its a title fight according to UFC.com.

Well we just found out how they plan on getting the title to Lesnar
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Odds

Randy -160

Lesnar +130

Closer than i figured they would be
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP