Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast

Thread: 9-6-08

Re: 9-6-08

Balfe

College Football
    Syracuse -4.5 over Akron
    It has gotten bad for Syracuse. A once major force in College Football is now giving away tickets for free to the students and still nobody is interested. This program is on the verge of a collapse and coach Greg Robinson has one foot and four toes out the door. Robinson may just be the first coach to get the ax unless this team can start winning. Syracuse needs to win the first of this four game home stand badly. Akron doesn't have much of an offense and is not used to playing indoors. The Zips also have 8 new starters on defense. Look for Syracuse to get the win and cover in a much needed victory.

Nevada +10 over Texas Tech
    Every news story you hear is about how this game is going to be a shootout. This will be a very exciting game. Both teams have great offenses, but Nevada has the ability to run the ball and keep Tech's offense off the field. Football is all about rhythm especially in the college level. If Nevada can chew clock Tech might not get the opportunity to light the scoreboard up. The Tech offense is one dimensional and if Nevada can rush the passer and blitz all game they have a shot to win outright. Nevada coach Chris Ault is 20-5 at home while Tech historically falters on the road in key spots. Take Nevada.

UCF +12.5 over South Florida
    This short rivalry ends today as both teams will not be on each others schedules for a while. South Florida has won the last three years which makes this a big game for the UCF Seniors. Central Florida is rebuilding their offense, but should play great defense which will keep this game close. South Florida QB Matt Grothe is an unbelievable young talent, but made some negative comments about UCF that will motivate this team. Take Central Florida.

Major League Baseball
    Brewers -155 over Padres
    Sheets/Peavy
    Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter

Dave Cokin

3* OH St -33.5
    3* AL -29.5
    System - E Mich +21.5
    Hat - Wisc -20.5
    Hat - Ariz -23
    Total - Akron/Cuse ov 43
    Total - C Mich/GA over 56
    Big Gun - New Mex +3
    Window - Nevada +10.5

*** EZWINNERS NCAA FOOTBALL ***

5 STAR: (364) TEMPLE (+7) over Connecticut
    (Risking $550 to win $500)
    11AM Central Time

3 STAR: (317) MINNESOTA (+5) over Bowling Green
    (Risking $330 to win $300)
    6:30PM Central Time

2 STAR: (307) AKRON (+4.5) over Syracuse
    (Risking $220 to win $200)
    2:30PM Central Time

2 STAR: (315) WEST VIRGINIA (-7.5) over East Carolina
    3:30PM Central Time

2 STAR: (348) NEW MEXICO (+2.5) over Texas A&M
    4PM Central Time

*** EZWINNERS MLB ***

2 STAR: (902) NY METS (-$128) over Philadelphia
    (Action)
    (Risking $256 to win $200)
    2:55PM Central Time

2 STAR: (904) LA DODGERS (-$115) over Arizona
    (Action)
    (Risking $230 to win $200)
    2:55PM Central Time

Sebastian

20* WVA (buy down to 7)
    20* MINN over
    20* PITT
    20* Utah
    20* Kansas
    50* ARIZ
    200* Penn St
    200* Ariz St
    200* Temple (buy up to 7)
    300* New Mexico

Kelso Sturgeon

Best Bets Club

10 units USF -13.5
    4 units Flor Atl -13
    3 units BYU -9

ATS LOCK Triple Crown

W MICH. 8*
    PENN.ST.8*
    ZONA ST.8*

MARC LAWRENCE
    TITLE: 36-0 ATS CFB Double Awesome Angle Play!

REASON FOR PICK: Play On: Miami Ohio
    Note: When Miami Ohio takes on Michigan in the Big House early Saturday they will do so with two amazing Awesome Angles working in their favor.

From our powerful database we learn that Game Two favorites off a SU favorite loss are a 'PLAY AGAINST' if they were a bowl team last year facing an opponent either off a loss or win of 20 or less points in which the foe did not cover the spread by more than 12 points as a favorite or dog of 7 or less points in its last game. It becomes a 'play against' because teams in this role are 0-19 ATS since 1980.

Additionally, our database tells us to 'PLAY ON' a team in Game Two if they have 17 or more returning starters and lost SU and ATS in their season opener while losing to the spread by 9 or more points in that game versus an opponent off a loss of 3 or more points. These teams are 17-0 ATS since 1990.

With Miami picked to win the MAC and Michigan still adjusting to Rich Rodriguez's new spread offense, we'll grab the generous points with the RedHawks here today.

We recommend a 5-unit play on Miami, Ohio.

HSW Early Phones

HSW Early: 4* Hou; 3* ND; 2* Fla
    GDWest: steam GOW 1* Penn St
    L&M: all 2*s ND, tulsa, texas, neb, geo

Donn Wagner

4 star New Mexico
    3 UL Monroe
    3 UNLV Under

Millionaires Club

Guaranteed Selections
    90% UNDERDOG NON CONFERENCE GAME OF THE YEAR [ College Football ]
    Date: Saturday, September 06, 2008
    $35.00 Guaranteed: We are now 298-157 since joining this web site! Bottom Line is we win with a different approach to handicapping as we have situations that tell us what the line should be by looking at the teams stats compared to line history! This has been very successful for us the past four years! Today we have isolated our 90% UNDERDOG NON CONFERENCE GAME OF THE YEAR! Yours NOW for just $35 GUARANTEED!

East Carolina +7.5

JB Sports

Best Bets - BC, UTEP, Cuse
    Reg - Cent FL

Rob Veno

20 Blue Chip - Bowling Green over, Duke over
    10 Chip - Pitt, WVU, ND, Ariz over, N TX over

WUNDERDOG

NCAAF

Game: Connectuct at Temple (Saturday 9/06 12:00 PM Eastern)
    Pick: Temple +7 (-110)

Sometimes it is good to have a short memory while other times (like this one) it is good to remember the past. The Owls won five games last year, but were only credited with four. They had one stolen when a late TD was ruled out of bounds by the refs, while replays clearly showed otherwise. The Owls return all 22 starters this season, all with a fresh memory of that game. Revenge is a sweet motive! Add to that the fact that this team was told a few years ago that they were no longer wanted in the Big East. The Owls finally have the talent to make a statement about those painful memories. Connecticut was the luckiest team in the Big East last season, getting wins vs. Temple and Louisville that were aided by botched calls. They also got a weather break against South Florida and had a huge surplus in turnovers and relatively few injuries. The result? They finished tied for first in the Big last despite being outgained by nearly 100 yards per game! They looked absolutely horrible against a hapless Hofstra team last week, and won because their talent was just extreme vs the competition. They don't enjoy that edge here, and this one is on the road where the Huskies are just 5-14 in their last 19. The Owls are motivated and pumped up here and we like them a lot to get the cover.

WNBA
    Game: Minnesota at Seattle (10:05 PM Eastern)
    Pick: Minnesota +6.5 (-110)

The Minnesota Lynx make the trip to Seattle to take on the Storm who will put their homecourt magic to the test as they are a league leading 14-1 in Seattle. The fact is the Storm seem to bring their best for the best, but have won by six or less at home to Phoenix, Sacramento, Chicago and Houston! So as much as this one looks like a game for the Storm to just show up, and put one in the win column. It's a letdown opportunity and we look for Seattle to sleepwalk through this one, getting the win, but not the cover. I think this is the perfect "breather" game for them, and the Storm are just 14-29 ATS the past decade coming off an underdog win. I like the Lynx

VegasSnitch

Boston College 5*
    Connecticut 5*
    Ohio St 2*

Tommy Rider

CFB Total Triple-Dime Bet
    372 Arizona / 371 Toledo Over 58.0 Bodog
    Analysis:
    I wrote a blog post back in June where I declared that Arizona was the "Top OVER team in College Football this Season." I didn't take the OVER last week because I wanted to sit back and watch the Wildcats offense and see what happened. Well, what happened was 521 yards and 70 points.

Last year Sonny Dykes brought the Texas Tech-spread offense to Tucson. After a few early bumps in the road, the Wildcats were an offensive machine toward the end of the season. In winning three of their final four games, Arizona scored 48, 34 and 34 points respectively. They also topped forty points two other times last season. Now add in the 70-point outburst against Idaho last week and you are witnessing one of the most explosive offenses in CFB.

The thing I love about this offense is its continuity. The Cats return 10 starters on the offensive side of the ball, including QB Willie Tuitama, so virtually every player on the field is in their second year in Dykes' system. Arizona is loaded with quality receivers to team with Tuitama. Last week Tuitama was 17-of-21 for 169 yards and three scores in just over a half of work.

Don't be fooled by Arizona pitching a shutout last week either. Idaho is God-awful. This actually helps us because the young Wildcats defense has yet to be tested and it keeps the line down. Arizona is replacing its entire defensive line, both starting corners and two starting linebackers from a year ago. They have no proven pass rushers, which means the new corners will be tested early and often by Toledo.

Granted, this is the Rockets first game of the season but I believe they will have one of the top offenses in the country themselves this year. Led by quarterback Aaron Opelt, Toledo is going to put up a ton of points this season. Toledo has five starters returning on defense but they are returning to a unit that gave up almost 40 points a game in 2007. The Rockets ranked near the bottom in both rush and total defense last year. Toledo's defense is going to have a heck of a time slowing down Arizona's high-flying offense this week.

When taking an OVER, you need both teams to score. That should be no problem at all here. I expect this game to go well over 80 points and with the early line sitting at 58, I'm not only going to hit this hard, I'm making it my CFB TOTAL OF THE MONTH! ***3 UNIT PLAY***

Sat, 09/06/08 - 3:30 PMTommy Rider | CFB Side Double-Dime Bet
    328 Oklahoma -21.0 (-120) BetUS vs 327 Cincinnati

Analysis: I think the Sooners are the best team in the country and they name their score in this game. A lot of people will take the points with Cincy because they have been a covering machine of late. However, the single biggest thing I learned from Bill Belichick when I worked for the Patriots is that every game is its own entity. No matter what trends or numbers say, the team that plays the best will win on Saturday. I think in this matchup, the Sonners are five touchdowns better than the Bearcats. I know it was just Chattanooga but the Sooners beat them in one of the most lopsided games I've ever seen. OU had a 27-1 edge in first downs and outgained Chattanooga in total yards 487-36! So you would think Bob Stoops would have been happy with such a dominant performance. Well, think again. Leading 50-2 at the half, Stoops put his starters back in because he said they needed to be sharp for this game. Bearcats quarterback Dustin Grutza had a strong outing last week but I've never been impressed with him. I expect the Sooners to control this game in the trenches on both sides of the ball by getting after Grutza on defense and wearing down a smallish Cincinnati front on offense. This game has blowout written all over it. The Sooners make a statement Saturday and win big.. ***2 UNIT PLAY***
    Sat, 09/06/08 - 4:30 PMTommy Rider | CFB Side Single-Dime Bet
    315 West Virginia -7.0 (-115) Sportsbetting.com vs 316 East Carolina
    Analysis: East Carolina is a nice story but there's just too much line value for me to pass up here. I asked a guy out in Vegas what the line would be in this game if ECU didn't block that punt and he said around 15 or16 points. So we are getting nine points in value because of one blocked punt? Again, I can't pass that up. First of all, Virginia Tech sucks. They are so bad this year that Frank Beamer was going to redshirt Tyrod Taylor for the future. Why? Because the Hokies are young and will be loaded the next couple of years. But even as bad as the Hokies are this year, they still should have beaten ECU last week. Now the Pirates are taking on a Top 5 team and only getting a TD. Yet people like ECU. Why? West Virginia is far superior in every way to Va Tech and Pat White will have no trouble moving the ball on offense. Plus, all the pressure is on ECU now. They are at home coming off a huge win and people actually expect them to beat WV. I'm not one of those people. I like the Mountaineers by 17 points in this game and like I said, this line is too good for us not to throw a unit on it. I bought it down to 7 just to be safe and I would advise you to do the same. ***1 UNIT PLAY***

Sat, 09/06/08 - 10:00 PMTommy Rider | CFB Side Single-Dime Bet
    373 Stanford 14.0 (-110) BetUS vs 374 Arizona St.

Analysis: I'm playing this game for 1 Unit because it came from my Pac 10 Insider. This is an old friend of mine who covers Pac 10 sports for a living. He gives me 15-20 plays a year in football and usually hits around 65 percent. Not many people know Pac 10 football better than this guy. He sent me a text message tonight that said, "Take Stanford plus the points. Could win outright." I play all of his games for 1 unit unless he tells me otherwise. Like I said, his information has been very strong over the years and if he likes Stanford to possibly win this game, the 14 points should be more than enough. He's not always right but he's right a lot more times than he's wrong and he really has a knack for hitting Pac 10 underdogs. ***1 UNIT Play***

Northcoast

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    4 arizona st, oklahoma
    3 calf, ecar, wash

small
    4 ul monroe
    3.5 syarcuse
    3 pitt
    2 kent, temple

Cajun-Sports

CFB Executive Report

2 STAR SELECTION

IOWA -26½ over Florida International

PROJECTED FINAL SCORE: IOWA 41 FLORIDA INTERNATIONAL 7

3 STAR SELECTION

AUBURN -17 ½ over Southern Mississippi

PROJECTED FINAL SCORE: AUBURN 37 SOUTHERN MISSISSIPPI 10

2 STAR SELECTION

WASHINGTON STATE +14 over California

PROJECTED FINAL SCORE: WASHINGTON STATE 23 CALIFORNIA 21

4 STAR SELECTION

Rice +3 over MEMPHIS

PROJECTED FINAL SCORE: RICE 36 MEMPHIS 31

5 STAR SELECTION

NEVADA +10 over Texas Tech

PROJECTED FINAL SCORE: TEXAS TECH 37 NEVADA 35

Beat Your Bookie

100-Milk.
    50- Tampa Bay

100- BYU
    50- Cinn.
    50-S.Fla.

BOOKIE PAYS YOU:
    ======================================== ==================

After Navy and Ball State fold in the second half costing us what looked to be
    a lock at halftime with the over. We will rebound today, and we WILL do so big!
    Get on the OVER in the Michigan State vs. Eastern Michigan matchup. There's
    no such thing as a guarantee when you're gambling... BUT, this looks about as
    close to a guarantee as I've seen in a while. This one is going over the posted
    56pts. for several reasons... 1) Michigan State is favored by 24pts.... That's a
    clear sign that they will put up huge numbers, simply because they'll have to just
    to cover the spread. 2) Michigan State has covered the over in 4 straight home
    games, and 5 of 6 overall. 3) Eastern Michigan has covered the over in their
    last 4 overall. Bottom Line... Eastern Michigan always finds a way to score
    plenty of points and they'll do so today. While Michigan State will have to
    counter that with points by the truckload in order to cover the spread. Both
    teams+lots of points= OVER 56pts. Thanks.

Vegas Sports Experts

The VSE NCAA REVENGE Football Power Play is:

10* Take Wyoming (-3) over Air Force (NCAA Power Play)
    3:30 PM EST (Guaranteed NCAA REVENGE game of the Year)

Wyoming
    • 7-1 SU as a home favorite over the last 3 seasons
    • 4-1 SU when playing in the 1st 2 weeks of the season
    • 5-0 SU in home games when the total posted is 42 points or less
    • Lost to Air Force 20-12 last season (REVENGE)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

5* Take Michigan (-14) over Miami-OH (Bonus Play)
    12:00 PM EST

Miami-OH
    • 1-7 ATS coming off an OVER total the last 3 years
    • 0-3 SU & ATS when the total posted is 42 points or less
    • 1-11 SU as an underdog of 10.5 to 21 points

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

5* Take West Virginia (-7.5) over East Carolina (Bonus Play)
    4:30 PM EST

West Virginia
    • 13-0 SU when playing in non-conference games
    • 9-0 SU when playing in the 1st month of the season
    • 7-1 ATS as a road favorite of 7.5 to 10 points

Frank Rosenthal

Mlb
    901 Philly+120 Sb
    903 Dbacks+110 Sb
    Under 7.5 Sb+
    904 Padres+140 Sb