Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast

Thread: 9-29-08

Re: 9-29-08

Jim Feist

(933) DET Tigers
    (934) CHW White Sox
    Take ""
    The Tigers have no interest in playing this game, as they are on vacation after it's over. The White Sox want to go to the playoffs and would force a one-game playoff with the Twins Tuesday with a win here. This is a fine offense, with Paul Konerko hitting his fourth homer in three games and Jermaine Dye adding a two-run single to lead the White Sox over the Indians 5-1 Sunday, keeping Chicago alive in the AL Central. This offense is 6th in runs scored in the AL. Detroit has had pitching problems all season and starter Freddie Garcia makes only his third start. In 10 innings he's allowed 3 homers! The home fans will be into this one, as well, screaming for a one-sided rout. The White Sox can't take any chances, as if they lose, the season is over. Play the White Sox on the run line.

Cappers Access

Steelers (NFL)

Lance's Lock

Overall record: 671-564-24

Current streak: 2 losses

Todays play: The Steelers -5'

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Andre Gomes MNF - Steelers.

Bought and Confirmed

andre gomes - wsox over

Oscarxena Sports From ProCappersNetwork

Baltimore/Pittsburgh Under 34 1/2 -1.10 (3 Unit Play)-I have to be honest that this play is somewhat risky because of the injuries that both teams have on the defensive side of the ball but I have no confidence whatsoever in either one of these offenses so Under is the only way that I can look in this one. Last year when Baltimore suffered the most was when they had injuries to their top CB's Rolle and McAllister and while McAllister is fine for this one Rolle is out so the Steelers may have an advantage throwing the ball this evening. However, both teams have their run stuffing guys out in NT's Hampton & Gregg so I think both teams will try to grind out the ball on the ground in order to move the chains. Both teams passing games have been nearly non existent this year and I don't see them breaking out here tonight. Baltimore will have Flacco making his first road start this year and I am sure the reigns will be on him here especially against the tough Steeler D. Pittsburgh will be without Parker tonight but I think losing a RB is not a big deal in the NFL and I think Mendenhall will be fine in his first start. The only way I see this game going Over is if the teams turn the ball over and give up great field position. I was surprised somewhat to see this line going up so I recommend a play on the Under here and I will call for a Pittsburgh 17-10 victory this evening.

Best of luck to everyone tonight and enjoy the games.

Oscarxena Sports
    Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter

NSA

20* Ravens
    10* bal/pit under

10* Tigers
    10* det/cws over

DOC

3 Unit Play. #118 Take Over in Baltimore Ravens @ Pittsburgh Steelers (Monday 8:30 pm ESPN) The last two Monday night games have gone way over the posted total and we expect this one to do that as well. Pittsburgh will look to regroup on offense after putting forth a terrible performance against Philadelphia last week. They will be without RB Parker and thus will have to score points through the air. Baltimore is undefeated and has received solid QB play from Joe Flacco and expect both teams to reach twenty points giving us the easy victory with whoever comes out on top. These two teams met twice last year and both games easily went over the number, as Pittsburgh won 38-7 and Baltimore won 27-21. Pittsburgh 24, Baltimore 20.

J GONZALEZ
    GAME OF MONTH

The Pittsburgh Steelers will be taking on their division rival Baltimore Ravens on Monday Night Football. The Steelers are coming off a tough 15-6 loss to the Philadelphia Eagles. The Steelers allowed eight sacks against the Eagles and will a Raven defense that will attack on passing downs. The Steelers have all week to make the necessary corrections to give quarterback Ben Roethlisberger time to throw the ball. The Steelers 2nd ranked defense is allowing 12.7 points per game and has intercepted six passes. The Ravens offense has been anemic so far this season. The Ravens are second to last in passing averaging just 125 yards per game. Flacco has one of the lowest quarterback rating at 55.7. He has thrown for just 258 yards with no touchdowns and two interceptions. These two teams met last season on Monday Night in Pittsburgh and the Steelers blew out the Ravens 38-7. The Steelers have won their last 13 home games on Monday Night. The Steelers are also 7-0 after they have rushed for 90 or less yards in the previous game. In comes down to the top two defenses in the league squaring off against the opponents quarterback. Roethlisberger is by the far the better quarterback and will have the crowd behind him a in a huge home game.

NSA

20* Ravens
    10* bal/pit under

10* Tigers
    10* det/cws over

Greg Shaker

Baltimore Ravens at Pittsburgh Steelers
    Play: Steelers -5

Let's get the first concern out of the way. Ben Roethlisberger's hand is much better and he will play tonight for the home team. The Baltimore QB will also and while he has led his team to two wins this year, he has not been that good with one of the lowest QB ratings in the NFL, no TD Passes and 2 INT's. The Steelers came off one of their worst whoopings in their history last week to Philly, allowing 9 sacks and just looking like hell all of the way. This team will be prepared to turn it around quick and they are in a good situation to do so with a 14-1 Home Record on Monday nite and 12-3 ATS as well. This is going to be a tough place to win for Baltimore tonight and I expect that Pitt will get very good home suport from the fans. We must not forget that Flacco will be in his first Hostile Environment tonight and that is a lot on his young shoulders. These Steelers are not the Bengals, nor the Browns and this will be the first real D that Flacco will face this year. Baltimore's D has been very good so far but despite that, they have only outgained their opponents by about 300 yards in the first 2 games. We can certainly see by the posted total that oddsmakers think this is going to be a low scoring game. I do agree somewhat with that assumption but I think that Pitt will get their share of points and some of those might come with their D efforts. The Steelers are just a much better team here at this stadium and they are very good following a loss. The Ravens have discovered that as they are just 1-6 ATS the last 7 times they have visited here, after Pittsburgh had lost the previous week. As good as Baltimore is against the run, the Steelers are just as good and Flacco is going to have to show us something through the air if Baltimore is going to hang around in this contest. He will get a lot of preasure tonight, and he will have a very difficult time calling audibles. Both teams have a lot of injuries but the Pitt injuries are healing much better according to the reports out today. I am playing the squad with the better skipper behind the center, the better situation in all respects. Baltimore is just in the wrong place at the wrong time, with the wrong personel.

Ez Winners

3 STAR: (220) PITTSBURGH (-5) over Baltimore
    (Risking $330 to win $300)
    7:35PM Central Time

David Malinsky

MLB 3* Detroit Tigers $ line +200 @ Chicago White Sox @ 2:05 PM ET - Garcia vs Floyd -

They are getting silly with this one, now taking a fragile team with a vulnerable starting pitcher and making them prohibitive favorite. So with a Detroit team that will come to the ballpark with a lot of pride bringing us what we need, we can turn a modest investment into a major payday. Yes, the White Sox must win this game to stay alive. But they have been in a lost of ?must? situations lately, and have gone just 7-13 in their last 20 games, carrying a five-game losing streak into yesterday?s win over Cleveland. But the pitching matchup was set up awfully well for them in that one, with veteran Mark Buehrle taking on young Bryan Bullington, and that is not the case here. Now it is up to Gavin Floyd to not only get it done under playoff pressure, but to do it on three days rest. He can not carry this price tag. His 3.91 ERA for the full season hides the fact that he has allowed an alarming count of 18 unearned runs, and there are also serious question about how much he has left in the tank. His 200.1 innings are more than he had thrown in his previous four Major League seasons combined, and in working to a 5.40 in September, with an ugly ratio of 42 hits allowed vs. only 18 strikeouts, he showed clear signs of fatigue. Does that turn for Floyd today? We don?t think so. The pressure does not help. Working on three days rest, made even worse in an early afternoon start, does not help. In his only previous start on three days rest he lost 5-2 to Kansas City two starts back, when David DeJesus, Alex Gordon and Kila Ka?aihue all hit home runs. It was the second time in five September starts that he allowed three homers. And now a Tiger team that has seen every pitch in his repertoire by now, and has learned what to do with them (nine runs, eight earned, on 17 hits in just 10 innings over two starts since the All Star break), can get some good swings. They will be of a mind-set to do just that, with this game being a chance to vent some frustrations for a most disappointing campaign. And from a psychological standpoint could they send a better starter than Freddy Garcia to the mound, who will absolutely relish beating Ozzie Guillen and his former teammates in this setting. With the pressure off, a loose Detroit team has some fun this afternoon.

LENNY STEVENS
    10 baltimore ravens

vegas-runner | NFL Money Line Double-Dime Bet
    220 PIT (-130) Sportsbetting.com vs 219 BAL
    Analysis:

** MNF 2* TEASER PLAY of the DAY **
    STEELERS +2 & OVER 27 (2*) Teaser...

vegas-runner | NFL Side Triple-Dime Bet
    220 PIT -5.0 (-110) SportBet vs 219 BAL
    Analysis: *** MNF 3* BEST BET of the DAY ***

vegas-runner | NFL Total Triple-Dime Bet
    220 PIT / 219 BAL Over 34.0 SportBet
    Analysis: *** 3* MNF BEST BET OF THE DAY ***

Northcoast Phone

2* Pitt-6

Marquee Under

Matty O'Shea | NFL Side
    triple-dime bet220 PIT -5.0 (-110) BetUS vs 219 BAL
    Analysis: This is my biggest NFL bet to date because I absolutely love the situation the Steelers are in here. The public looks at Pittsburgh RB Willie Parker being out as a big factor when rookie Rashard Mendenhall was one of the best at his position this time last year in college. On the other side, we have Ravens QB Joe Flacco making his first career road start in one of the most hostile stadiums in the NFL. Flacco has enjoyed tremendous support in winning his first two games at home, but he will face a completely different animal in Pittsburgh. The Steelers crushed the Ravens 38-7 nearly a year ago at home on Monday night, and the line will only go up as game-time draws near. This is an absolute steal, which is why I'm betting Pittsburgh to win big as my Triple Dime AFC MNF Game O' the Year.

Stan Sharp | NFL Side
    double-dime bet219 BAL 6.0 (-110) BetUS vs 220 PIT
    Analysis: Stan has Bet BALTIMORE today. Stan notes that even though Pittsburgh has a great Monday Night record they are facing a new Baltimore coaching staff and a Baltimore QB they have never seen. Stan expects a very close game. TAKE BALTIMORE as STAN'S AFC UPSET SHOCKER BIG BET OF THE YEAR and make them a DOUBLE DIME PLAY.

Seabass Football

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

100* Ravens
    100*under

Alatex has Pittsburgh

SCORE

200% Steelers

SPECIAL K - NFL 20* SUPER K-BOMB (JUST $50)
    (20*)Pittsburgh Steelers