Thread: PreSeason Plays

PreSeason Plays

Not betting much on these, but going to start putting some plays in to work on getting the feel for things.

Monday

1* Minnesota Timberwolves +5

I tihnk I am going to fade the Bucks tonight. They have 4 games in the next 6 days before they head to China and Skiles gave his team the day off yesterday. I think at home it will be tougher to get mentally prepared versus a young Timberwolves team that is playing for a roster spots. Lots of new faces in Milwaukee and I dont think the whole offense gels very well yet under their new coach. Just too many changes for this team, and I wouldnt expect Redd or Jefferson to get much tick. Looks like their focus tonight is trying to find their 4 for the year, and nobody they got impresses me much.

Re: PreSeason Plays

Good luck with the play ICC!
    Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter

Nice call bro.

Thanks Zak!

Tuesday

1* Washington Wizards +5.5

Definitly going to toss a nice fade out on the Mavericks tonight. New coach and this team seems totally confused with what the hell they are trying to do on that end of the ball. Both Kidd and Dirk had long offseasons so I dont expect them to do much work in the preseason. Eddie Jones has a bad hamstring. They dont know who they are going to start at the 2 guard. Josh Howard will get booed at his first home game. Here are some things that I read about the team that makes me think this is a nice fade spot on Dallas. Other than them having a whole new coach, it seems like they are VERY rough around the edges right now.

Kidd said the offensive attack fans see tonight is far from the polished product they should be watching in March and April. "There's going to be some growing pains," Kidd said. But one aspect should be evident already – the motion in the offense. Kidd added: "If you're not in shape, you're going to get in shape because of the movement on offense."

Rick Carlisle concluded his first training camp as the Mavericks coach Monday. The players ran and ran some more. He stressed defense. He experimented with different combinations. And how many new half-court sets did he install? None.
    Carlisle concedes even he is intrigued to see what form the offense takes beginning tonight.

"Well, we're not running the triangle," Carlisle said. "Maybe I'd call it a rectangle. I don't know what I'd call it. "

Haywood hurt his hand so he will be out along with Gilbert for tonights game. However, the Wizards will get a huge emotional lift with the return of Etan Thomas from his heart surgery last season. I also like having players like Deshawn Stevenson on my team in these sort of games. When defense is a bit lax, players like him are capable of huge nights ala McCants last night. I think the Wizards (who scrimmaged yesterday) will be better prepared in a system they know that just came out of a camp that was stressing defense. I think we see more hustle from them and a more focused team.

GL on the play tonight.

Jamison getting hurt in the first 5 minutes didnt help, but Im not convinced it mattered. The Mavericks torched me tonight. LOSER!

I saw that Jamison got hurt, that definatley didnt help.

1* Atlanta Hawks +5

Its really impossible to cap PreSeason games because they can swing at such strange times. You never know how teams are going to play. Im taking this one again because I like to fade head coaches making their debuts. I dont think Nash will get much run tonight and Dragic will have a tough time in his first NBA game. With an athletic Hawks team, these turnovers can turn into easy baskets. Who knows what the hell might happen, the Hawks might have hit the clubs in Scottsdale last night and are totally unprepared. Im just going to hope that with STAT out and Nash, Shaq, and Hill playing very limited minutes that the Suns have a tough time with their new offense and are tired from all the defense they have played in practice. Taking a shot at this one, but cant wait for the real season to begin. This is such a crap-shoot.

Hawks

Thursday

1* Utah Jazz -4.5

The Suns are not going to wear down their players this early in the preseason. It just cannot happen if this team is going to contend. Their legs look tired in spots last night, and now they have to make their first road trip and head up to face a Jazz team making their home debut. Boozer sat out their first game against the Lakers, but I expect him in there since he has practiced the last couple days. The Jazz go a solid 10 deep with very quality players, and last season Jerry Sloan played his stars more than 30 minutes in their home debut. I tihnk that this is an excellent spot to back the Jazz because of a couple things. First, the dogs have been hitting more than favorites, and Ive seen numerous people across the boards betting straight puppies. This cant happen all preseason, and why not take a home team that has more talent deep in their roster than a Suns team on a B2B that played all their aging stars over 25 minutes last night. Toss in that Amare will not be playing and this is a nice spot for the Jazz. The Suns had 4 DNPs out of scrubs last night because they will get extended minutes tonight. Ill take the proven players at home over the unproven scabs.

Good stuff man. GL tonight.

Well that one goes in the book as a loser. I dont think I am going to mess with the preseason anymore. I got a couple plays in so I had a chance to handicap a little bit, but this is just too hard to do when you are capping scrubs and shit.

2-2 for the Preseason.

See you fellas when it counts!

Quote Originally Posted by ICC

See you fellas when it counts!