Page 1 of 3 12 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you guys doing with your savings?

What are you guys doing with your savings?

Just wondering what you guys are doing with your savings since the stock market is crapping .
    I took most of my my out of the stock market about a year ago an invested it in Iraqi Dinar .

One of my professors said dont put money back into the stock market until the bottom is reached and he thinks its still quite a ways away. He also said dont just leave your money in your savings account because inflation is going to get really high and you money isnt going to go as far when this happens.

He suggested to invest in gold and if you dont have enough money for gold buy silver, silver basically follows the same chart as gold.

Anyone have any plans ?

Anyone think things are going to get really bad ?

Anyone worried about their job?
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Re: What are you guys doing with your savings?

I cashed out my 401k when I got laid off in june, so Im not losing shit.

the good thing about my new job, is the bulk of our customers are oil refinery's. They dont give a shit how much you charge, they pay the bill.

(probably why gas is so high now...LOL)

My company had a party last month celebrating the most profitable month in their 70 year history, so this economy isnt doing shit to me but making me money. I got a raise 5 weeks after I started this job, and im getting put on the commision plan in January. (it usually takes over a year to get on that)

I still dont make as much as I did at my last job, but Im getting close to it.
    Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter

That really good Zak,you should be happy to be in that position and not having to be worrying about things.

Most people I know work where I did (Honda) before I went back to school and with the car market going down there all afraid there going to get laid off.
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

What do you think Timbob? I know your out there hiding. Be the "team player"
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Its definatley fucked up right now. My boy got laid off a couple days after I did at my last job.

and the ones that kept there job, got all their hours slashed. no overtime what so ever.

got this email from my parents...

this is what i should of done with my money

If you had purchased $1,000.00 of Delta Air Lines stock one year ago you would have $49.00 left. With Enron, you would have had $16.50 left of the original $1,000.00. With WorldCom, you would have had less than $5.00 left. But, if you had purchased $1,000.00 worth of beer one year ago, drank all of the beer, then turned in the cans for the aluminum recycling REFUND, you would have $214.00 cash. Based on the above, the best current investment advice is to drink heavily and recycle. It's called the 401-Keg Plan.

A recent study found the average American walks about 900 miles a year. Another study found Americans drink, on the average, 22 gallons of alcohol a year. That means, on average, Americans get about 41 miles to the gallon. Makes You Proud To Be An American doesn't it!

MLB YTD
    14-7-2
    +12.6 UNIT
    NCAAFB YTD
    10-15-1
    -10 UNITS
    NFL YTD
    1-1
    -.2 UNITS

Quote Originally Posted by HUSKERPOWER

If you had purchased $1,000.00 of Delta Air Lines stock one year ago you would have $49.00 left. With Enron, you would have had $16.50 left of the original $1,000.00. With WorldCom, you would have had less than $5.00 left. But, if you had purchased $1,000.00 worth of beer one year ago, drank all of the beer, then turned in the cans for the aluminum recycling REFUND, you would have $214.00 cash. Based on the above, the best current investment advice is to drink heavily and recycle. It's called the 401-Keg Plan.

A recent study found the average American walks about 900 miles a year. Another study found Americans drink, on the average, 22 gallons of alcohol a year. That means, on average, Americans get about 41 miles to the gallon. Makes You Proud To Be An American doesn't it!

2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Quote Originally Posted by Luke

Really timbob? thats good ,I never thought of that
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Mike ,scott ,chico ,AC anyone got any advice??
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

I know the 'new car' market is bad right now for sure but it has not effected me in any way (thank god because of my little girl). People are resorting to buying clean pre-owned cars right now because the way I can buy them is next to nothing and can still make the customer a hell of a deal. The two past months in a row I have been the #1 pre owned lot (sales) in my county out of 146 lots.

I like the gold idea for sure, just as an example my mom got me a solid gold rope chain that I wear every day (and never take off since she passed) and when she bought it she paid $1200 (8 yrs. ago). I got this same chain appraised not to long ago at a very nice jewelry store here in Waco and they hit it at $2300! . Whitney's wedding ring I paid $4500 for and they hit that ring at $5100 (white gold). The gold market is where it's at right now atleast..

I know the car market has taken a hit . I bought my 2006 Trailblazer new for $24,000 with my grandpa's GM discount and just a few months ago me and the lady went to a GM dealer to look at G5's and they told me the trade in for my Trailblazer was 9600. I was like .Good thing my mustang I had was paid off when I bought the Trailblazer , I cant imagine owing 2x times what my car is worth.

Good to here things are still staying up for you in your business of work Mike ,the car business is one of the ones I was wondering about . My friends that work at Honda said they have basically shut the line that runs V6 down because the only thing anyone is buying is the 4 cylinders. Hopefully things will stay up for you

Makes you wonder if the whole gas doubling isnt what really started this instead of the housing market . I know the sub prime rates made it so alot of people couldnt afford there loans anymore but gas sure didnt help.

Maybe I am just starting to get worried about nothing but that Economics professor sure got me thinking.

Glad everyone looking ok in here
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

What is this supposed to be? There is no comment from TimBob at all in this thread

I have dropped a very significant amount in a few stocks and mutual funds that WILL REMAIN NAMELESS. They are holding their own through the decline except for one that tomorrow AM I plan on dropping another $10K into because of the long term value of the stock.

Save your keystrokes Luke or anyone else, no offense but I am not going to tell anyone my investment decisions and have them whine and cry to me about them doing bad in the market.

I hope everyone can understand that.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott

What is this supposed to be? There is no comment from TimBob at all in this thread
    That was my whole point ,there was no comment from him and I asked him for one.I was being sarcastic .

I know he was there hiding I asked for his opinion and he never answered he could have at least said he has no opinion.

2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Quote Originally Posted by Scott
    I have dropped a very significant amount in a few stocks and mutual funds that WILL REMAIN NAMELESS. They are holding their own through the decline except for one that tomorrow AM I plan on dropping another $10K into because of the long term value of the stock.

Save your keystrokes Luke or anyone else, no offense but I am not going to tell anyone my investment decisions and have them whine and cry to me about them doing bad in the market.

I hope everyone can understand that.

I understand .

I wasnt looking for your stock picks just looking to see what you were doing with your money if anything.
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Quote Originally Posted by HUSKERPOWER

That was pretty good. lol

TimBob is not the only person on IWS that "hides" when they are online thare are 12 to be exact. So you have a 1 in 12 chance the "hidden" member is TimBob. I do know that when he is online he does not always look at every post made.

FYI Scott talked to my economics professor and he said dont invest in the stock market unless you dont need to pull the money out for 5 years as of now. He said it will be at least 2-3 years before everything gets back to normal but could be up to 5 years
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

FYI Scott talked to my economics professor and he said dont invest in the stock market unless you dont need to pull the money out for 5 years as of now. He said it will be at least 2-3 years before everything gets back to normal but could be up to 5 years
    Shit went in the toilet again today. This old guy I work with said he lost $166,000 in the last 3 months.

Quote Originally Posted by IWS Zak
    Shit went in the toilet again today. This old guy I work with said he lost $166,000 in the last 3 months.

166 K

It still hasnt hit bottom I wouldnt be surprised to see the dow hit 6000 or even 5000 in the next year
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP