Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast

Thread: 10-21-08

10-21-08

JEFFERSONSPORTS EARLY RELEASE

On fire in NFL--hit 21 of last 26 plays (81%)
    Hit 36-17-1 last 54 football plays (68%)

TEMPLE-2.5 -125

Re: 10-21-08

Vegas Sports Experts

The VSE NCAA Football Power Play for Tuesday is:

10* Take Ohio (+4) over Temple (NCAA Power Play)
    8:00 PM EST

Ohio
    • 5-1 SU & ATS as a road underdog of 7 points or less
    • 2-0 SU & ATS coming off a bye week
    • 4-1 ATS coming off an upset win as an underdog

POINTWISE

TEMPLE 27 - Ohio U 13 - (ESPN2) -- Unnoticed Owl "D" has held 6-of-9 foes
    under 15 pts, & check allowing only 36, 91, & 55 RYs last 3 wks. OU just 110
    RYpg in lined gms, altho QB Jackson has thrown for 9 TDs. TU stop unit the key.

THE GOLD SHEET

OHIO at TEMPLE...Even teams with 2-5 marks at midseason in the MAC can still harbor hopes of a league crown and possible bowl berth. So it is for Frank Solich's Ohio Bobcats, suddenly very alive in the MAC East after a recent 26-19 win over Kent State. It only made the Bobcats 1-2 in conference play, but with the power base in this year's MAC in the West, Solich's team is in the thick of things in the East, where every team already has at least two defeats. And there is reason for Solich to feel encouraged, as Ohio has rediscovered an infantry diversion with the emergence of RS frosh RB Donte Harden (323 YR last 3 games). That's provided a nice complement for elusive QB Boo Jackson, still learning on the job but improving with each game. Meanwhile, Solich's defense has weathered a rash of early-season injuries, with blitzing schemes helping turn around a TO ratio that was -5 thru the first 4 games. As for the Owls, they're hoping QB Adam DiMichele will be able to return from a recent shoulder injury, but the offense remains pedestrian, ranking 100th or worse in all major categories. And with the kicking game in a state of flux, and erratic backup QB Chester Stewart likely to see action if DiMichele can't go, Ohio may not need any help from the oddsmakers at the Linc.

TGS score forecast: OHIO 20 - Temple 17

MIGHTY QUINN

Tuesday it's Ohio University. The deficit is 485 sirignanos

Cappers Access

Temple

Gamblers Ally

NHL Toronto +105 (5-2 / +17.10 units
    NCAAF Temple (9-7 / -4.30 units)

MJP sports CFB

10/21/2008
    Best Bet! OHIO at TEMPLE Under 43

Jim Feist

(1) VAN Canucks
    (2) COB Blue Jackets
    Take "(2) COB Blue Jackets"
    Columbus played competitively at home last season and is doing so again, winning their only home contest, 5-3 over Nashville. It was their best offensive output in 4 games, and the only one at home. In fact, this is only their second home game. Vancouver (3-3) hasn't been that impressive, losing 3 of the last 4 games. This is the end of a brutal 6-game road trip and they've looked tired the last two games, mustering 2 goals in each game (both losses). They are off a 4-2 loss at Chicago. How bad is their defense? The Blackhawks went 2-for-5 on the power play after entering the game 2-for-22. A good scheduling spot for the home team. Play the Columbus Blue Jackets

Dave Cokin

(7) ATL Thrashers
    (8) TAM Lightning
    Take "(7) ATL Thrashers"
    Barry Melrose said that his team might take some early season lumps and he was accurate with that prediction as Tampa Bay has yet to win. Whether or not Melrose's aggressive style takes hold with the Lightning is something we'll find out down the road. Right now, this team is fade material, especially as chalk. Atlanta is off to a decent enough start to warrant a look here, so I'll take the small dog odds with the Thrashers

Jimmy The Moose

Game: Atlanta Thrashers at Tampa Bay Lightning Oct 21 2008 7:35PM

Prediction: Tampa Bay Lightning

Reason: Tampa has yet to win this season at 0-5 have lost their last 3
    games either in OT or a shootout. Lightning have been getting solid goaltending but it's ther offence that has struggled, 1.6 goals/game thus far. Tampa offence will finally explode tonight vs a Thrashers team allowing 3 goals/game. Play on Tampa Bay

Arthur Ralph Sports

Buffalo Sabres

The Vegas Steam Line

ANAHEIM -125 over Toronto

Maddux Sports:

Temple 3 units if star but injured quarterback is going to play.
    1 unit if star quarterback does not play.

SPORTS ADVISORS

Ohio (2-5, 4-1-1 ATS) at Temple (2-5, 5-2 ATS)

Two teams in desperate need of a victory if they hope to get in the race for the Mid-American Conference’s East Division title clash in this nationally televised battle at Lincoln Financial Field.

The Owls have dropped five of their last six games, including a 24-14 setback at Central Michigan on Oct. 11, failing to cash as a 7½-point road underdog. Despite that non-cover, the Owls are still on a 7-2 ATS run overall, including 5-1 ATS in MAC play and 4-2 ATS on the road. Temple has given up just 12 points (four field goals) in two home games this year, but lost both contests to Western Michigan (7-3) and Connecticut (12-9 in overtime).

Ohio went to Kent State on Oct. 11 and escaped with a 26-19 victory as a one-point road chalk, as the Bobcats have now alternated SU wins and losses in their last four contests and alternated ATS wins and losses in their last five lined games. Going back to the middle of the 2006 season, Ohio is on a 17-7-1 ATS tear, going 10-6 ATS on the road (4-1 this year) and 11-5-1 ATS as an underdog.

These teams met last year – Temple’s first as a member of the MAC – at Ohio, and the Bobcats rolled to a 23-9 victory, cashing as a nine-point home chalk.

Ohio is 9-3 ATS in its last 12 road games and 11-5-1 ATS in its last 17 following a SU victory. Meanwhile, Temple is on ATS streaks of 5-1 at home, 13-3 in conference play, 6-1 in October and 4-1 both after a SU loss and an ATS setback.

On the statistical front, the Bobcats rate the edge on offense, putting up 24 points and 371 total yards per game (130 rushing ypg), compared with Temple’s per-game averages of 17 points and 267 total yards (103 rushing ypg). However, the Owls have the stronger defense, yielding 19.3 points and 364 total yards per game, while Ohio gives up 26.4 points and 369 total yards per effort. Neither defense is strong against the run, though, as the Bobcats give up 175 rushing ypg and Temple allows 156 rushing ypg.

The under for the Owls is on a bunch of streaks, including 12-2 overall, 13-3-1 at home, 9-1 in conference play, 6-0 in October and 5-0 against teams with a losing record. The under is also 4-1 in Ohio’s last five on the highway, and last year’s meeting between these teams stayed low.

ATS ADVANTAGE: UNDER

Brad Diamond Sports 20* CFB Eastern Edge Game of the Year:
    102..8:00 PM EST
    BRAD DIAMOND SPORTS
    20* TEMPLE/OHIO 'UNDER' the total of 42 1/2
    Eastern Edge Game of the Year
    Good Luck
    Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter

NSA

20* oh/tem under
    10* temple

10* tampa
    10* wa/calg over

ATSLOCKS.COM

Ohio @ Temple Under 43.5 (10 Unit Play)

Ohio +3.5 (5 Unit Play)

ProCappersNetwork

I went 3-0 on my selections in the NHL last night for a profit of 9 units. Let's try to continue that trend tonight with these selections:

Vancouver/Columbus Under 5 1/2 -1.13 (3 Unit Play)-These teams have been two of the worst defensive teams in the NHL so far as both have allowed 21 goals but they have two of the better goalies in net tonight as Roberto Luongo should be between the pipes for the Canucks and Pascal LeClaire should be in net for the Blue Jackets. These teams met four times last year and while the total was only 1-0-3 to the Under the total was set every time at 5 and I think because of the recent performances that this line is slightly high. This will be Vancouver's last game of a six game road trip and they would like to wrap it up with a victory. This looks to be a low scoring game to me.

Boston +1.67 (2 Unit Play)-This line seems high to me so I am making a small play on the Bruins here. These teams were very close last year and played a lot of one goal games and with the way the NHL is right now I will take a shot a team at nearly +1.70 that has a legitimate shot at a victory here tonight. Boston has played the much tougher schedule thus far and although they are off of a SO loss last night against Pittsburgh they played a very solid game. The Sabres have killed off all 24 power play opportunities thus far this season and things tend to even out over time. Look for the Bruins to win this evening.

Toronto +1.20 (3.5 Unit Play)-Anaheim travels for the first time out of the state of California tonight and have to travel all the way to Toronto to take on the Maple Leafs in the opener of a four game road trip. Anaheim has not played well at all this season and although they are taking on the Leafs here I am not sure they should be installed as road favorites, especially at this high of a price. They have arguably only played one good game this year and at 1-5 are probably happy they are hitting the road but you have to question the state of mind of the Ducks right now. The Leafs meanwhile have played pretty well considering that they were expected to be a bottom feeder this year and every game they will gain more confidence in playing in coach Ron Wilson's system. Vesa Toskala is in net for the Leafs tonight and he is off of a big shutout on the road against the Rangers. The Leafs look good to me as a home underdog this evening.

Those are my Tuesday NHL Selections and I will be back on Wednesday with more winning selections. Best of luck to everyone and enjoy the games. I am now 9-2 over the past four days on my NHL Selections for a profit of 21.84 units and I will continue to release them here for free until October 31st. The World Series is starting tomorrow and I have been hot in the MLB Playoffs as well. My thread is up in the service play area for all to see so check it out and then go to Procappers Network and sign up for an affordable package today. My buddy Stadium Club Sports has been outstanding in the NFL so far so check him out while at PCN as well.

Best of luck to everyone tonight.

Oscarxena Sports

Bob Balfe

College Football
    Temple -3 over Ohio
    Both teams lost their starting QB's, but Temple might get DiMichele back tonight. Ohio lost their top running back to season ending surgery last week. Ohio is brutal inside of the redzone and points will be hard to come by. Temple has improved tremendously and has been in a ton of close games this season in which their record could be on the positive side. This Temple team has a bright coach who will turn this program around. Take the Owls at home