Thread: Jags over the titans?

Jags over the titans?

I like it.

Jags +3
    Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter

Re: Jags over the titans?

I like it too. I like a lot of the dogs this weekend which worries me.

After losing to the Browns & Bengals...The Jags woke up BIG last week, maybe it continues...

Quote Originally Posted by deadairdennis
    After losing to the Browns & Bengals...The Jags woke up BIG last week, maybe it continues...
    They played Detroit last week ,everyone looks good against them. Detroit isnt the Titans . I dont like the Jags this week ,to me they have underperformed all year. I think the Titans have a better chance of losing next week against the Jets. The Jets will have an extra 3 days of rest since they played thurs this week and that should help them
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

I like the Jags vs the Titans. If you put Luke's "Jets" theory into the picture it qualifies as a look ahead in my book. JAX all day long!!

Love the Jags play. A low line with the undefeated Titans means the books are BEGGING you to put money on Tennessee! Think about it. Not remotely impressed with Tennessee. Jags win this straight up

i'm with luke---as a fan it would be jags-but as a degen gambler-it's titans to the bank

Quote Originally Posted by timbob
    Love the Jags play. A low line with the undefeated Titans means the books are BEGGING you to put money on Tennessee! Think about it. Not remotely impressed with Tennessee. Jags win this straight up

You mean just like last week when the Titans played at the Bears? When they were begging you to take the Titans with a -1 line with a undefeated team and the Titans still won and covered. The Jags may cover and may win this game but it has nothing to do with the line.I'm not trying to be mean just showing the line that is set doesn't mean anything. If they really wanted everyone to load up on Tenn because they knew the Jags would win why not make the Jags a -1 or -2 fav? I guarantee that would put 85% of the bets on Tenn.

The reason the Jags would win (I still think they wont) is because every game the Titans win is a close game .It would only take a couple turnovers by the Titans for the Jags to win or a couple times the Jags score a TD and the Titans get FG's for the Jags to win.I still think the Titans had a better chance last week of losing or next week . I have been wrong many times before so if the Jags win it wont be the first time
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

All week I have been telling myself that Jax wins this game. No way Tennesse goes undefeated thru the reg season, and I am confident they lose this week, or next. Most books have htis game at -3, pinnacle has it-1. All the more reason to look at the Jags. This game is Jacksonvilles season. Will they step up and be the team most pundits thought they were coming into the season, or have we seen the team they are this year? Has Del Rio lost the lockerroom? My gut tells me Jax takes this game, but here is some info I have been wrestling with:

Money Line:

Tennessee is 9-5 SU against Jacksonville, in Jacksonville since 1992

Play On - Road favorites vs. the money line (TENNESSEE) - good rushing team (125-150 RY/G) against an average rushing defense (95-125 RY/G) after 8+ games.
    (27-3 over the last 5 seasons.) (90%, +22.4 units. Rating = 3*)

Play Against - Any team vs the money line (JACKSONVILLE) - after failing to cover the spread in 4 or 5 out of their last 6 games against opponent after covering the spread in 6 or 7 out of their last 8 games.
    (66-19 over the last 10 seasons.) (77.6%, +39.3 units. Rating = 3*)

ATS:

Play On - Road favorites (TENNESSEE) - good rushing team (125-150 RY/G) against an average rushing defense (95-125 RY/G) after 8+ games.
    (23-5 over the last 5 seasons.) (82.1%, +17.5 units. Rating = 2*)

Over the last 3 seasons, the home underdog has covered the spread 10 times, while the road favorite covered the spread 2 times.
    Edge against the spread=JACKSONVILLE

I am still at odds with this one, and I should probably pass, and just watch it for the great game it can be, or throw it in a teaser for peace of mind.

JACKSONVILLE is 20-1 against a teaser line (6 points) versus good defensive teams - allowing <=285 yards/game in the second half of the season since 1992.
    The average score was JACKSONVILLE 24.7, OPPONENT 18.3
    “It is only when you see a mosquito land on your testicles that you realize that there is always a way to solve problems without using violence.”

I think the under is the way to go here.
    BOL

I'm taking TITANS -3 (+105) (yes, PLUS 105)

I agree with the free picks and the analysis from from covers.com's 'experts' Ted Sevransky & Bryan Leonard @ http://experts.covers.com/handicapper.aspx?ce=20087
    & http://experts.covers.com/handicapper.aspx?ce=7466

Gee...
    Neither mentioned that the Titans are 8-1 ATS... The Jags have had issues running the ball and will go against a very stout Titan's run D giving up 90.1 ypg...

Also, I don't think they're looking past this. That would imply that they change-up their gameplan week-to-week for each opponent, but we haven't seen much of that. They just kind of do the same thing every week: run the ball, lo-risk passes & not many of 'em, stop the run, rush the passer, control the clock, and win. Guess what? Nothing much to tweek here, AND it works home & away... rain or shine... in the snow... in the desert... in the wind...

Someone will beat them. It just won't be the Jags on Sunday.

BTW-

GREAT THREAD ZAK!

I am with Luke on this one. Take the Jets next week,its a stay away or take Titans this week for me. Dont forget teams are 0-8 ATS after playing Detroit this season. I think the line is so low cause of what the Jags did vs the Lions but to me what you do against the Lions means shit to me. I probably will not bet this game just because the titans are playing a road division game but I really dont see the Jags winning this one.

Good luck to all on Sunday though
    06-07 IWS NCAA Football bowl contest Runner Up
    07-08 IWS NCAA Basketball season contest 3rd Place

Big John Henderson (DT) and Troy Williamson (WR) are out for the Jags-

more @ http://www.jacksonville.com/tu-online/s ... 6393.shtml

I pussied out...LOL

no play for me.

Turned out to be a smart move Zak
    06-07 IWS NCAA Football bowl contest Runner Up
    07-08 IWS NCAA Basketball season contest 3rd Place

It evens out, cause I backed off Texas yesterday and that would have been a win. Im happy though.

A game I was actually right on but was to chicken to bet it
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Quote Originally Posted by Luke
    Quote Originally Posted by deadairdennis
    They played Detroit last week ,everyone looks good against them. Detroit isnt the Titans . I dont like the Jags this week ,to me they have underperformed all year. I think the Titans have a better chance of losing next week against the Jets. The Jets will have an extra 3 days of rest since they played thurs this week and that should help them

Thank you ,thank you

I'll be here all year
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP