^^^^ Good thoughts and some good advice, as well. I actually think that we're not that different in our attitudes, just our approaches. I also hate to lose and hate being down in any significant way, which is why I very rarely make bets that are bigger than 3u and even 3u puts me way on edge. (Really, anything more then 1.5u is considered a "big bet" to me).

It's actually my dislike of losing a lot of money that keeps me from throwing a lot of big bets on guys like you do. You say that eventually you will lose a few favorites in a row . . . you probably will, just as I will (just as I have, actually) . . . and I don't want it to be to the tune of 15 units when it happens. Hence, I spread my money around in the hopes that I will at least win SOME money, or at the very least minimize my losses.

I actually lost 8 fights in a row not too long ago. I went 0-5 at DREAM 11 and 0-3 at MFC 22. These were shady bets that I took mostly because of what I heard from others and/or half-assed research, but still, that's a hell of a lot of losing. I should've done better than that flipping a coin. So shit happens.