NBA

Saturday, February 10

NBA Game of the Day: Spurs at Warriors betting preview and odds

San Antonio Spurs at Golden State Warriors (-11, 215)

The Golden State Warriors still can't seem to keep their cool, but at least they're back in the win column. The Warriors will again attempt to keep their emotions in check when they host the San Antonio Spurs in a key Western Conference battle on Saturday.

Golden State general manager Bob Myers addressed the team prior to Thursday's game about the growing number of technical fouls the team is accumulating, and head coach Steve Kerr agreed that the team needs "to do a much better job of staying poised," but All-Star forward Draymond Green still went out on Thursday and earned his NBA-leading 14th technical foul. "Yeah, I don't know what to do at this point," Green told reporters. "It really don't matter what I agree with. I don't have no power in this situation. Yeah, I don't know what to do at this point. It is what it is." The Warriors still managed to skip past the Western Conference-worst Dallas Mavericks 121-103, but the Spurs present a different challenge. San Antonio snapped its own two-game slide while beginning a six-game road trip by blasting the Phoenix Suns 129-81 on Wednesday.

TV:
8:30 p.m. ET, ABC

LINE HISTORY:
The Warriors opened as 10-point home chalk and money coming in on the defending champs boosted that number up a full point to -11 at most shops. The total hit the board at 218 and has been bet down to 215.

POWER RANKINGS:
Spurs (-6.3) - Warriors (-12.1) + home court (-3) = Spurs -8.8

INJURY REPORT:

Spurs - PG Dejounte Murray (Out, Ankle), PG Tony Parker (Out, Back), SF Rudy Gay (Late February, Heel), SF Kawhi Leonard (Out Indefinitely, Quadricep).

Warriors - PF Jordan Bell (Mid-February, Ankle).

MATCHUP CHART:

ABOUT THE SPURS (35-21 SU, 29-25-2 ATS, 24-32 O/U):
Wednesday's contest matched the most one-sided loss in history for the Suns and one of the most complete performances for San Antonio, which held Phoenix to 34 percent from the floor. The one downside came in the second quarter, when starting point guard Dejounte Murray went down with an ankle injury. The 21-year-old is still getting used to leading the offense for the Spurs but scored 14 points on 7-of-12 shooting in 13 minutes before leaving on Wednesday and scored in double figures in six of the last eight games.

ABOUT THE WARRIORS (42-13 SU, 24-30-1 ATS, 28-27 O/U):
Whoever the Spurs start at point guard on Saturday will have to contend with Golden State's Stephen Curry, who breezed to 20 points on 7-of-12 shooting and eight assists in 30 minutes on Thursday. The Warriors fell behind by 10 points at the end of the first quarter in the win before outscoring Dallas 98-70 the rest of the way. "I think our talent just took over in the third quarter," Kerr told reporters. "We obviously had a lot more talent on the floor tonight than they did. Then Steph (Curry) and KD (Kevin Durant) got going, and they were hitting tough, contested shots."

TRENDS:

* Over is 5-1 in Spurs last 6 vs. a team with a winning straight up record.

* Over is 6-1 in Warriors last 7 home games vs. a team with a losing road record.

* Over is 4-0 in the last 4 meetings in Golden State.

* Favorite is 4-0 ATS in the last 4 meetings.

CONSENSUS:
Users are backing the road dog Spurs in this matchup, with 59 percent of pointspread picks. When it comes to the total, 60 percent of wagers are on the Over.