Thread: Fedor vs Ricco Rodriquez in the works

Fedor vs Ricco Rodriquez in the works

Hell, Ricco Rodriguez was the UFC Heavyweight champion before being TKOd in the first round by Tim Sylvia a few months later. Oh yeah, and then there's the whole Celebrity Rehab reality show thing where he admitted to Dr. Drew that he had a severe cocaine and gambling problem. It's rough being named Ricco and even rougher when your nickname is 'Suave'.

Now it's being heavily rumored that Ricco Rodriguez will be taking on The Last Emperor in his inaugural fight with Strikeforce on October 10th. Ricco Rodriguez confirmed that he has been approached by Strikeforce for a potential fight with Fedor Emelianenko. This is what Ricco Rodriguez had to say regarding the match:

“Yeah I’ve been approached about it, nothing’s final yet but that’s a fight I would definitely want. I know people will say I don’t have a chance, but I destroyed the guy who handed Fedor his only loss. Fedor is a great fighter but, the training I’ve done at Wolfslair has improved my game tremendously so I think I’ve got a great shot at beating him.”

Ricco Rodriguez vs. Fedor Emelianenko on October 10th...maybe. This just in, Brett Rogers spit out his cereal in sheer 'WTFness'.

http://free-mma-video.blogspot.com/2009 ... -10th.html
    Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter

Re: Fedor vs Ricco Rodriquez in the works

I dont know how reliable that source is, but seriously, they cant get anyone else?

I love Ricco, one of my favs, but Fedor should be fighting Overeem, or Werdum. Even Jeff Monson.

Fedor should be fighting Brock and that's all there is to it.

After that, I'd like to him destroy Mir and then finally get the Fedor/Couture fight.
    I heart cock

Quote Originally Posted by SPX
    Fedor should be fighting Brock and that's all there is to it.
    +1

Ricco Rodriguez
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

We can all exhale now.....

SAN JOSE, Calif. -- Fabricio Werdum and Brett Rogers have emerged as the frontrunners to face Fedor Emelianenko at a Strikeforce event sometime in November.

Strikeforce CEO Scott Coker said both fighters were under consideration to meet the world’s No. 1 heavyweight, during the post-fight press conference for the promotion’s “Carano vs. Cyborg” event, which drew 13,524 spectators and an estimated gate of $750,000.

The bout, which would mark the first of three fights the Russian has signed on for and his debut foray into a cage, still awaits a date and venue, said Coker. However, Coker did say the event would not be held in the promotion’s homebase of San Jose.

Coker had previously announced that Emelianenko would not challenge champion Alistair Overeem for the promotion’s title out of the gate. Coker also dispelled a report that suggested former UFC heavyweight champion Ricco Rodriguez might be in line for the slot as well.

http://www.sherdog.com/news/articles/fe ... next-19133