Thread: Taylor withdraws from Super Six boxing event

Taylor withdraws from Super Six boxing event

LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas (AP)—Jermain Taylor withdrew from the Super Six World Boxing Classic on Tuesday, although the former middleweight champion stopped short of announcing his retirement.

The decision had been widely expected after Taylor was knocked out in the 12th round by Arthur Abraham in October, his second straight late-round stoppage. Taylor (28-4 with one draw) was also knocked out in the final round by Carl Froch in April.

“I’m going to take some time off from the sport of boxing,” Taylor said in a statement. “It’s important that I give my body and mind some much-needed rest, because I have been boxing for nearly 20 years. I plan on keeping myself in shape and making a return to the sport sometime in the future.”

Taylor has lost four of his last five fights, including three by knockout, and was hospitalized after the loss to Abraham in Germany. He complained at the time of short-term memory loss, prompting his promoter Lou DiBella to part ways over concerns about his health.

“I know it must have been a difficult decision for Jermain, and I’m very happy for him and his family that he decided to give himself a much-needed break,” DiBella said in a statement Tuesday.
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Re: Taylor withdraws from Super Six boxing event

I still dont know how he beat B-Hop twice. he will be back.
    Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter

Re: Taylor withdraws from Super Six boxing event

Quote Originally Posted by IWS Zak
    I still dont know how he beat B-Hop twice. he will be back.
    that still boggles my mind
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP