Thread: GSP vs Anderson coming soon.

GSP vs Anderson coming soon.

I prefer the GSP/Serra rubber match, but whatever.

http://www.mmatorch.com/artman2/publ...cle_8239.shtml

The super-fight between UFC Welterweight Champion Georges St. Pierre and UFC Middleweight Champion Anderson Silva may finally come to fruition in 2011, according to UFC President Dana White himself.

In a Q&A with troops at Fort Hood on Friday ahead of Saturday's UFC Fight for the Troops 2 event, White revealed that fight is now only contingent on the two champions making one more successful title defense in their respective divisions.

"[If Anderson Silva] wins that fight on the 5th, then Georges St. Pierre needs to beat Jake Shields in Toronto," White said, responding to a question from one of the Troops. "If that happens then we're probably going to do that fight. So if they both win then that fight makes all the sense in the world."

And that could mean the end of GSP's reign of the welterweight division, as White echoed statements made by the Champion in the past about a move up to the middleweight division.

Said White, "Georges St.Pierre said he would move [up] to 185 lbs. and stay there, and not go back to [welterweight]."

It still depends on both fighters defending their belts, but it appears the UFC is as close as they've ever been in terms of willingness to put that fight on. Should both fighters defend their titles in February and April, respectively, that fight could come before the end of 2011.

Penick's Analysis: This would be an incredible headlining fight for UFC Rio in August, but I think it's going to take a little longer to come together after St. Pierre's bout with Jake Shields. He has said he wants to put on the mass to be a more natural fit in the middleweight division, and that's going to likely require longer than four months to prepare for. So it comes down to whether or not Silva will want to sit out of action for seven or eight months, but I think that fight would likely come between late September and early November, depending on how quickly St. Pierre can get up in weight and feel comfortable there. But if he vacates the welterweight belt, it will certainly make things open up in that division. He has cleaned that division out, and will have almost entirely if he defeats Shields, so it would be as good a time as any to make a permanent move if that's what his plan is.
    Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter

I've heard this story before.

I want to see it, but this means that Okami is once again getting fucked over.
    I heart cock

Yeah, give okami his shot first imo

Who gives a shit about Okami, like he's going to win anyway
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Quote Originally Posted by Luke View Post
    Who gives a shit about Okami, like he's going to win anyway
    Okami's a great wrestler and Anderson has a weakness for wrestlers.

Besides, it's not about him winning. It's about what's right and DW's integrity.
    I heart cock

Quote Originally Posted by SPX View Post
    DW's integrity.
    I lol'd

I'll believe it when I see it. I've definitely heard this a time or two.

LOL at 'integrity'. We're talking about the biggest possible fight ever. Sucks for Okami but I don't care at all.
    Triple-six killers in this motherfucker runnin shit

^^^ That's my point. Everything he says can be taken with a grain of salt. But the problem is that it's not just him, but the organization as a whole. If they state that a fight is a #1 contender match, and the fighters are lead to believe that that's the case, then the winner should get his shot unless there's are just some insane extenuating circumstances.
    I heart cock

^^^ That's my point. Everything he says can be taken with a grain of salt. But the problem is that it's not just him, but the organization as a whole. If they state that a fight is a #1 contender match, and the fighters are lead to believe that that's the case, then the winner should get his shot unless there's are just some insane extenuating circumstances.
    I agree.

Someday you'll realize the UFC cares nothing about being a legit sport and only cares about ratings and PPV buys. They dont care about fighter rankings(or even have them), setting up the right fight or who gets screwed . Ratings,ratings and PPV buys is all they care about
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Still cannot locate care.
    Triple-six killers in this motherfucker runnin shit

Quote Originally Posted by zY| View Post
    That's because you're a bad person.
    I heart cock

Quote Originally Posted by zY| View Post

Care about Okami? Care about the UFC? Care about Silva-GSP? Or care for SPX?
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

That's because you're a bad person.

LOL
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Okami isnt that dseserving, he has only won 2 fights in a row. He is clearly the #1 contender, but he really isnt getting robbed or anything.