Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 234 ... LastLast

Thread: Nick Diaz plans to box Vargas or Lacy later this year

Hey X, have you listened to any of the 'press row' podcasts on sherdog?

They're short 30 minute clips every Wednesday where Breen talks to a different mma media person every week. They're hidden inside the blog section. Anyway, thought it might be up your alley if you hadn't heard them.
    Triple-six killers in this motherfucker runnin shit

Quote Originally Posted by Luke View Post
    And what specifically are you refering to that I deal with that you dont like?
    I could handle picking out tile and being dragged off to do other assorted stupid shit from time to time, but the thing that would really fuck with me is a bitch who can't support me and would rather me just bring in money so she can live comfortably rather than actually be happy. When you told me that she wasn't supportive of your change of major/career path, I was thinking that that shit seemed pretty selfish, and I just wouldn't waste my time on shit like that.

For me--for it to actually be worth it--my woman would have to be always sweet, always supportive. If I say I want to do something, then she needs to be the type who is like "we can make it work" and "I just want you to be happy."
    I heart cock

Quote Originally Posted by zY| View Post
    Hey X, have you listened to any of the 'press row' podcasts on sherdog?

They're short 30 minute clips every Wednesday where Breen talks to a different mma media person every week. They're hidden inside the blog section. Anyway, thought it might be up your alley if you hadn't heard them.
    I have not heard those.

Thanks for the heads up. I will definitely check that shit out.
    I heart cock

Quote Originally Posted by SPX View Post
    For me--for it to actually be worth it--my woman would have to be always sweet, always supportive. If I say I want to do something, then she needs to be the type who is like "we can make it work" and "I just want you to be happy."
    I am very lucky. I have a woman like that, even though I was not nearly as supportive over the years.
    Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter

Yeah, I admit that I do not live up to the ideals that I look for in others. There are a lot of reasons for that, but I do try and I'm trying to get better about shit.

I really need a very supportive mate though who knows how to work around a lot of my issues. I probably need half-mother, half-lover.
    I heart cock

I really need a very supportive mate though who knows how to work around a lot of my issues. I probably need half-mother, half-lover.

you want to do your mother?

PAGING SIDELOADED ............you are needed in this thread
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

good luck with that .....women are the needy ones in a realtionship
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Quote Originally Posted by Luke View Post
    good luck with that .....women are the needy ones in a realtionship
    There are such women out there. I've known a few. And Zak has one apparently.
    I heart cock

Its on like donkey kong

May 6, 2011 - The hottest fighter in the mixed martial arts landscape right now is Stocktons own, Nick Diaz. He is currently riding an 11-fight win streak and has been mentioned as a potential super-fight candidate to face-off against UFC welterweight champion George St. Pierre at the end of 2011.

Due to the structuring of Diaz's contract with MMA outfit, Strikeforce, he is in a unique position where he can contractually pursue a professional boxing career in addition to his mixed-martial arts title reign.

While rumors of opponents such as former champions Fernando Vargas and Roy Jones Jr. have been floated around, neither mans team have yet solidified a contract with the young champion.

A few moments ago, former IBF super-middleweight champion & devastating knockout artist, Jeff "Left Hook" Lacy, officially signed on the dotted line to square off against Diaz in the Fall of 2011.

Lacy possesses the type of dangerous punching power in both hands that can end the double digit win streak of the rugged Northern California champion.

Don Chargin states, "This is a very dangerous fight for both men. Not only is this fight dangerous but stylistically it is very intriguing. I expected more resistance from fight fans and media in regards to this match-up but its amazing as to the hundreds of calls and e-mails I've received from fans on both sides wanting to see this match-up take place. I've received more than a few inquiries from some other very high-profile boxers that want to step up and fight Nick. Its been a real whirlwind."

Chargin continues, "I've been around boxing for quite some time and I've seen a lot of great, tough fighters in my six decades within the sport. I believe that if Nick had been one of those kids who had picked up boxing from a youth, he'd undoubtedly be a world-champion today. Sometime within the next 2 weeks I'll be personally making the trek to Cesar Gracies gym to setup a private, closed door sparring session between Nick and a few nameless top-level contenders I have in mind."

Can Jeff Lacy refocus his career to regain the once promising glory that lingered at his fingertips just a few short years back?

Can Nick Diaz's granite chin withstand the devastating punching power of arguably the hardest punching 168-pound fighter on the planet?

These questions will definitely be answered before the end of 2011 as the fight titled, "Breaking History" is fairly self-explanatory.

I have no idea what happens with this. I favor the pro boxer though.

Is this going to be ppv or what? How many people are going to pay to see this if it is?

I don't know anything about boxing... but isn't Diaz going to get his ass beat?
    2012: +19.33
    2012 Parlay project: +16.5u

I would think so. Lacy seems to be legit.

Wiki:Lacy had 210 fights as an amateur, winning the 1999 National PAL amateur champion at 165 pounds, the 1998 U.S. National amateur champion at 165 pounds, and the 1998 National PAL amateur champion at 165 pounds. Lacy fought at the 1996 Eastern Olympic Trials, stopping Kenneth Head in the first round. In the quarter-finals, Lacy defeated Rubin Williams. In the semi-finals, Lacy lost to Darnell Wilson and finished third.

He made the 2000 olympic boxing team.

3rd place 1997 national golden gloves.

That was a long time ago but it is still a hell of a lot better than Nick Diaz has ever done. He barely beat KJ noons in the standup.

Diaz by sub

How would you react if Diaz got rocked and then instinctively went for a takedown?

I'd laugh my ass off.
    I heart cock

CG @CesarGracieBJJ tells @mauroranallo that @nickdiaz209's bout with @lefthooklacy has been green-litless than a minute ago via web

Dam, I guess that trip to the 209 for Dana didnt pan out. Ill be on Lacy.

This will be sweet redeption for all the boxing backers, after the Randy Couture/James Toney fiasco.

Boxing fans are already trying to talk down Lacy's skills in case he loses... Lacey my not be a world champion, but cmon.

"Jeff Lacy is 33 years old and hasn't clearly won a fight since 2005. Since then he's been destroyed by Joe Calzaghe, dominated by a fading Jermain Taylor and a shot Roy Jones Jr., and has gotten past the likes of Peter Manfredo Jr., Vitali Tsypko, Otis Griffin and Epifanio Mendoza by the skin of his teeth. Those are third-rate contenders, and all of them had a solid argument for having deserved the duke over Lacy. He has not looked good in almost six years. Injuries have robbed him of his punching power and athleticism.

If you want to buy into this and believe that Jeff Lacy is still a serious contender, that's nice. I'm glad that you enjoyed using him on video games or whatever. But facts are facts, and to ignore what has been staring people in the face for half a decade-plus is foolish.

I'm not saying there's no reason to be interested in this. Considering that Nick Diaz is a novice boxer at best, this is a perfectly fair matchup for him to delve into professional boxing, if it does indeed actually happen. And I realize that fans of both or either sports are going to inevitably, in some circles, treat this like it truly matters. But this is Nick Diaz trying boxing against a guy whose name value is basically zero at this point, and whose skills in the ring are just plain gone. Nothing more, nothing less."

2012: +19.33
    2012 Parlay project: +16.5u

Quote Originally Posted by IWS Zak View Post
    This will be sweet redeption for all the boxing backers, after the Randy Couture/James Toney fiasco.
    And if Diaz wins?
    I heart cock