Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 17222324252627

Thread: BJ Penn Vs Nick Diaz - UFC 137

Nice pic. They both look so fucked up.

I heart cock

I think BJ's problem is the same as Fedor's......lack of training and desire
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. IWS View Post
    No, that was scientist.

2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Quote Originally Posted by Luke View Post
    I think BJ's problem is the same as Fedor's......lack of training and desire
    I've never understood this. I think BJ has a shitload of desire and is one of the most passionate fighters ever to come into the sport.
    I heart cock

Quote Originally Posted by MMA_scientist View Post
    Basically every fight he had at LW. except Edgar. Even now, I think only Edgar could beat him @ LW, but many people think BJ won the first fight. Re: BJ's cardio, he was clearly superior in Rd 1, no one could have scored that for Diaz. But in Rd 2, did he just get less skilled? Did his takedowns just suddenly become sloppy dives? He gassed out. As to your close fight thing, he stayed with Fitch for 2 rounds before wilting... he had the fight won, all he had to do is not get totally pounded for 5 minutes and give up a 10-8... he just didn't have it left in the tank, he wasn't mentally broken after clearly winning 2 rounds.

I don't care about Condit's feelings either though, just think that DFW is a douche.
    Personally, I think he gassed out when he started getting blasted to the body. That shit sucks. A lot.

He reacted the same as everyone else does to Diaz' body shots.

As for Fitch, he's huge compared to BJ and a larger guy grinding on you wears you out. Plus Jon Fitch is the king of grinding dudes out.

Seriously, BJ doesn't really gas at LW much. He did in the first Edgar fight, but a lot of people were gassing out on that hot-ass outdoor Abu Dhabi card.
    Last edited by zY|; 11-01-2011 at 01:17 AM.
    Triple-six killers in this motherfucker runnin shit

Quote Originally Posted by Vandelay View Post
    Bullshit. conitioning has nothing to do with someones physiological makeup. If bj went through diaz' training his conitionion would be just as good. He obviously just doesnt give a shit about it. Mayb he should of stuck wtih the marinovich guy. Once he dumped him he wasnt as good physically.
    I agree that he hasn't been in as good of shape as he was with Marv, but his conditioning is still more than serviceable.

Really, you don't think things like torso shape, size, and makeup, lung size, length, and displacement and other genetic advantages effect cardiovascular fitness? Everyone can be Lance Armstrong with enough bike riding and EPO? I guess if I stretch every day I can be as flexible as BJ Penn.

Why isn't he with Marinovich anyway?

I mean, that old bastard seemed like a real bastard, but still. . .
    I heart cock

Quote Originally Posted by zY| View Post
    I guess if I stretch every day I can be as flexible as BJ Penn.
    If your build is vaguely similar, I would say "yes".

Quote Originally Posted by Svino View Post
    If your build is vaguely similar, I would say "yes".
    There is definitely a genetic component to flexibility. Everyone can be somewhat flexible, but not everyone can be a contortionist like Penn, regardless of how much they stretch. It just is not true... we are not all created equal. Some guys just have a greater capacity for certain things, flexibility, speed, strength, stamina.

The issue with Penn, is that no one believes that he has reached anything near the upper limit of his cardio ability. He may never be Lance Armstrong, but he should be able to get at least the same cardio is almost every LW/WW ever to compete... he probably has the worst cardio of any WW ever in the UFC.
    2012: +19.33
    2012 Parlay project: +16.5u

He's not a WW. He gets worked over by bigger guys at that weight. He really doesn't gas at LW.

Penn already backing off the retirement talk,rumors of Diego Sanchez-Penn TUF coaches
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

I figured he wouldn't retire. And he'd beat Diego Sanchez's ass again. Diego as a TUF coach would be awesome . . . crazy motherfucker.
    I heart cock

Yeah. He always sounds like he wants to retire right after he gets his ass kicked.