Page 386 of 402 FirstFirst ... 286336376381382383384385386387388389390391396 ... LastLast
Results 7,701 to 7,720 of 8033

Thread: 2011 Off topic thread(basketball,movies,etc whatever)

Well at the time that was the HW situation.
    I heart cock

Quote Originally Posted by SPX View Post
    Well at the time that was the HW situation.
    A guy named Fedor would have destroyed him so the UFC didn't have the best fighters in the world at HW nor did they at 205 at that time.
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Quote Originally Posted by Luke View Post
    When I hear people say the UFC has the best fighters in the world all I can think about is Tim Sylvia as champ
    Way to live in 2006.
    2013: +8.24u(increased unit size on 5/19)
    Favorites: 20-6 + 6.13u
    Underdogs: 10-19 -2.51u
    Ludo's Locks Parlay Project: +1.4u

2012: +20.311u

A guy named Fedor would have destroyed him so the UFC didn't have the best fighters in the world at HW nor did they at 205 at that time.
    Then PRIDE got bought by Zuffa and all those best 205'ers in the world came over to the UFC, along with all the heavyweights with the exception of Fedor.

Quote Originally Posted by Ludo View Post
    Way to live in 2006.

The point was the same morons that say the UFC without a doubt has the best fighters in the world are the same ones that were saying it in 2006.
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Then PRIDE got bought by Zuffa and all those best 205'ers in the world came over to the UFC, along with all the heavyweights with the exception of Fedor.

Yes, Jon Jones,Brock, JDS and Cain came from PRIDE I forgot.
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

I thought you were on a boat back to North Korea
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Well if those same people are saying it today they'd be right. You musta forgot. Overeem came from PRIDE, and that mofo is on the verge of a title shot. Hendo is on the verge of one, Shogun was the last guy to hold the light heavyweight championship, Rampage just had a title shot.

I don't see what the point is in making a reference to PRIDE having better Heavyweights and Light Heavyweights a few years ago and then pointing out that the current and last two UFC Heavyweight champions never competed in Pride, along with the current Light Heavyweight champion. Way to cut the legs out from under your own argument there, big dog.

I thought you were on a boat back to North Korea
    We sail in like 10 minutes...another hour of being able to use my internet/texting/call or so. Thanks again for texting the results tonight...wont be able to tell you that tonight through texts

The point was the same morons that say the UFC without a doubt has the best fighters in the world are the same ones that were saying it in 2006.
    So you don't think the UFC has the best fighters in the world?

Like Ludo said, there's no more PRIDE. And there's not really even a Strikeforce.

What's left? Bellator? DREAM? Or do you also have some inside information regarding a super secret, yet elite, European MMA organization?
    I heart cock

Well if those same people are saying it today they'd be right. You musta forgot. Overeem came from PRIDE, and that mofo is on the verge of a title shot. Hendo is on the verge of one, Shogun was the last guy to hold the light heavyweight championship, Rampage just had a title shot.

I don't see what the point is in making a reference to PRIDE having better Heavyweights and Light Heavyweights a few years ago and then pointing out that the current and last two UFC Heavyweight champions never competed in Pride, along with the current Light Heavyweight champion. Way to cut the legs out from under your own argument there, big dog.
    You guys really need to get out from under Uncle Dana's desk. The UFC didnt have the best LHW's or HW's in 2006 nor did they in 2008 even after PRIDE had been purchased.Maybe from 2006-2008 they did but by 2008 JDS and Bones were probably better than anything they had.Since you are confused that's two arguments against them have the best fighters in the world at two different times.Not only did PRIDE have better fighters than the UFC people like JDS and Bone Jones who were also better than anything the UFC in 2008 even after they acquired PRIDE. I've tried to say the same thing about 4 different ways so if you dont understand it by now god help you.
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Like Ludo said, there's no more PRIDE. And there's not really even a Strikeforce.

What's left? Bellator? DREAM? Or do you also have some inside information regarding a super secret, yet elite, European MMA organization?
    I hear the real elite fight in the Kumite in Thailand.

The UFC "might" have the best fighters in the world right now but just to act like everyone who says otherwise is stupid is ridiculous when you can look at more than one time period when the best fighters in the world were not with the UFC.
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Quote Originally Posted by Svino View Post
    I hear the real elite fight in the Kumite in Thailand.
    Hong Kong
    I heart cock

Hong Kong
    Kowloon Walled City, of course. Can't believe I screwed that up. -1 points for me.

It's not even arguable at this point that the vast majority of the best fighters are in the UFC.
    Triple-six killers in this motherfucker runnin shit

. . . people like JDS and Bone Jones who were also better than anything the UFC in 2008 even after they acquired PRIDE.
    The Bones that fought Bonnar would not have beaten Machida.

The UFC "might" have the best fighters in the world right now but just to act like everyone who says otherwise is stupid is ridiculous when you can look at more than one time period when the best fighters in the world were not with the UFC.
    Obviously prospects will always come in from outside organizations and some will end up doing really well. Is the UFC's MW champ in 2021 in the UFC right now? Probably not. But generally speaking, you can't make any argument for any other organization having better fighters right now than the UFC.
    I heart cock

And most of the good fighters that aren't in the UFC are still under Zuffa.

Quote Originally Posted by Svino View Post
    Kowloon Walled City, of course. Can't believe I screwed that up. -1 points for me.
    You WERE correct though . . . Kumite fighters are the SHIZNIT.

War Paco
    I heart cock