Page 47 of 235 FirstFirst ... 3742434445464748495051525797147 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012 Off topic thread(basketball,movies,etc whatever)

Quote Originally Posted by SPX View Post
    What about Dream Theater?
    Not a fan.
    2013: +8.24u(increased unit size on 5/19)
    Favorites: 20-6 + 6.13u
    Underdogs: 10-19 -2.51u
    Ludo's Locks Parlay Project: +1.4u

2012: +20.311u

Quote Originally Posted by Ludo View Post
    Not a fan.
    If you haven't heard it, I would suggest listening to Train of Thought. It's heavier and different from pretty much everything else they've done. It was the first album of theirs that I heard and I was pretty much an instant fan. Unfortunately, everything else has been disappointing.
    I heart cock

Dream Theater is ok. I love Opeth, though. Anybody that doesn't is gay.

And GWAR rules.
    Triple-six killers in this motherfucker runnin shit

This was the first Dream Theater song I ever heard (in a shortened radio version) and after I heard it I was like, Fuck yeah! Then I went and bought the album like the next day.

Thoughts?

I heart cock

Can't say I'm a fan of that either. It needs some structural balls all around.

In honor of our conversation, I'm watching a documentary called "Metal: A Headbanger's Journey."

Anyone seen it? Pretty interesting and well done so far.
    I heart cock

Isn't that the one where the kid with the long blond hair goes all over and ends up meeting Dio and a bunch of Black Metal bands?

Yep.

As long as you're not getting it confused with Til the Light Takes Us.
    I heart cock

Yep.

As long as you're not getting it confused with Til the Light Takes Us.
    I'm pretty sure I'm not confused on it. It was a good piece. He wasn't very enthusiastic about anything, or maybe thats just how his voice sounds.

Well I think he's trying to be an objective, dispassionate documentarian.

But he makes a lot of comments about how he's a metalhead and basically says "War Metal!" on a number of occasions.
    I heart cock

Quote Originally Posted by mmabay.co.uk
    Former Strikeforce light heavyweight champion, Muhammed “King Mo” Lawal is reportedly in a bad condition after it was revealed he suffered another ACL injury following his fight last month with Lorenz Larkin, an injury that then led to him contracting a serious staph infection that required five surgeries to clear up.

The following was just posed by a reporter close to the fighter via his Twitter:

On the King Mo situation, hearing from those close to him he’s in a bad situation. He got injured in the Larkin fight, had to get another ACL. There were complications and he ended up with a very bad staph infection that was life threatening, and nearly required amputation. Mo had to have 5 surgeries in 12 days before staph was gone. Currently he’s taking an iv directly into his heart every day for six weeks. Making the situation even worse, this was a recurrence of same injury within 18 months, so Zuffa/SF insurance won’t cover the ACL surgery or the subsequent follow-ups for the staph. Mo is/will have to come out of pocket on medical bills that may well reach into six figures.

To make matters worse Lawal is currently in the throws of being banned from the sport for one year after being tested positive for banned substances following his fight with Larkin in January. Rather than be concerned about his career at this time we at MMABay.co.uk would like to personally wish him a speedy recovery and a return to health as soon as possible.

http://www.mmabay.co.uk/2012/02/20/m...aph-infection/
    Damn.

Watched 4 movies over the weekend:

Safe house

The Rum Diary

This means war

And Dream House. Ill probably be in the minority here, but this was one of the best movies I have seen in a while. And when James Bond said bye to his kids I was like:

Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter

Safe House was OK

Rum Diary..never seen it

This Means War looks stupid imo, but it is actually ok? The previews make it look dumb. And I like how the guy from Warrior completely shrunk..he off dat dere cell tech

Dream House was cool...1st movie I ever saw with mah sexy asss gf

Quote Originally Posted by poopoo333 View Post

This Means War looks stupid imo, but it is actually ok? The previews make it look dumb. And I like how the guy from Warrior completely shrunk..he off dat dere cell tech

There were some funny parts, I Lol'd a couple times. There were a couple MMA moments in the movie with the Warrior dude. (flying arm bar FTW)
    Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. IWS View Post
    Watched 4 movies over the weekend:

Safe house

The Rum Diary

This means war

And Dream House. Ill probably be in the minority here, but this was one of the best movies I have seen in a while. And when James Bond said bye to his kids I was like:

I haven't seen This Means War or Safe House yet. I liked the Rum Diary but it was kind of strange, and purposely so. Dream House was easily in My top 5 this year so far. I saw the Grey last night, not quite what I was expecting and a little unrealistic to a point. But overall it was a good flick.

Safe House - Not particularly interested, but will download it when it comes out.

Rum Diary - Trailers looked good and it's got Johnny Depp. Why the 1800 thumbs downs, Zak?

This Means War - Again, not really interested, but I'm sure I'll download on a slow night when I can't come up with anything else to watch.

Dream House - I wanted to see it, but then the reviews were pretty terrible. I guess I should go ahead and check it out.
    I heart cock

Quote Originally Posted by Ludo View Post
    Damn.
    That's some crazy shit. It just hasn't been a good few weeks for Mo, I guess.
    I heart cock

That's some crazy shit. It just hasn't been a good few weeks for Mo, I guess.
    He might call it quits after this I think. Recurring ACL tear and now life threatening staph on top of being suspended for a year.

I never saw Dream House, but the only movie to do worse with critics in 2011 was the movie with that kid from Twilight where he tries to be in a real movie. Dream House was pretty much universally panned... I don't take the critical response as the gospel, but when something is universally disliked, it is usually a pretty good indicator that it is shit. It scored a 35 on Metacritic and a 7% on Rotten Tomatoes... Even the two critics that didn't hate the movie say it is pretty damn stupid.

The Rum Diary is a hunter S. Thompson novel, which pretty much guarantees I am not going to like it. I have heard it is something like Fear and Loathing, but not nearly as good. Since I didn't like Fear and Loathing, I skipped the Rum Diary.

I did watch the Grey the other night. It was a c- for me. I liked that it carried a little more weight than your usual man vs. nature show, but I agree that it was pretty stupid and unrealistic how the wolves were acting all like Jaws and personally seeking revenge and stuff. It would have been a very good movie if they would have let the wolves be part of it, but not so over the top. Ruined it. Also, why didn't they build a shelter to keep the wolves out, or climb up a tree or something? I think I can kick a lot more wolf ass than those guys.
    2012: +19.33
    2012 Parlay project: +16.5u

I went and saw Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy a couple of days ago. The movie does a lot of things right--great atmosphere, great characters, great cast, and great acting--but the plot is almost incomprehensible. Pretty much throughout the entire movie I only vaguely understood the broadest strokes of the plot and was mostly like, What the fuck is going on here?
    I heart cock