Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 49101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: UFC 156

Yeah, I don't think it's a lock by any means. But I think it has a decent shot.
    I heart cock

Quote Originally Posted by Thewisemann View Post
    Maia is gonna take him down, get his back, and maybe get the sub. It's gonna look like Penn vs Fitch. So Fitch is gonna need a 10-8 in the 3rd rd for a draw.
    I certainly hope so. I plan on betting maia.
    1 unit = 300 $

Dana: if Rashad wins on Saturday and wants to go to 185, I would consider him vs Anderson. It's down to him and Weidman.

what's everyone's thought on the Dunham-Tibau fight? is Dunham's tdd good enough to stop Tibau's td?
    and does anyone have the "page not found" problem when you click on any threads on there forum?

Aldo vs Edgar

Couple points

-Edgar has touble with leg kicks. Fortunately for him he has only fought one guy who used this offensive attack (Bendo). Tyson Griffin would be another one, but I havent seen the fight in a while and I remember it being more grappling. Aldo has probably some of the best leg kicks in MMA.

- Edgar will, most likely, not be looking to make this a clinch fest, dirty boxing type affair as he has never shown this in the past. He will probably look to play the game at range, shooting in and out, with takedown attempts mixed in.

-Even with takedowns, Edgar hasn't shown the ability to maintain top position. Their is limited footage of Aldo being on his back other than the Hominick Fight where he gassed in the second or third round.

i think anyone playing the staying outside game with Aldo will be in trouble with his legkicks. Maybe his best chance is to imitate Cain in his rematch with JDS and try to close the gap immediately. Fight hands with hands. Aldo has heavy hands but I think Edgar's hands are better. Close the gap to eliminate the kicks and i think Edgar can win with his hands. of course, i know nothing about fight so..

Quote Originally Posted by mike View Post
    i think anyone playing the staying outside game with Aldo will be in trouble with his legkicks. Maybe his best chance is to imitate Cain in his rematch with JDS and try to close the gap immediately. Fight hands with hands. Aldo has heavy hands but I think Edgar's hands are better. Close the gap to eliminate the kicks and i think Edgar can win with his hands. of course, i know nothing about fight so..
    The problem is that's never been Edgars game. He's not the kind of guy who loves to clinch and work takedowns all day long, at least we haven't seen him go for takedowns religiously in about four years now. His whole style makes Aldo all wrong for him. Aldo is likely the bigger guy, the faster guy, the more powerfu striker, and very adept at throwing leg kicks. Seeing as Edgar was eating leg kicks left and right until Bendo decided to stop throwing them, I don't see any reason to think Aldo can't land his brand of leg kicks which are more powerful.

Unless Edgar can find a way to land takedowns without getting blasted in the face before his legs get kicked to shit he probably loses. Even if he can get the takedowns there's really no reason to believe Aldo can't get back up in the early rounds. It's definitely an uphill battle for Edgar because Aldo is the most dynamic fighter he's faced so far.
    2013: +8.24u(increased unit size on 5/19)
    Favorites: 20-6 + 6.13u
    Underdogs: 10-19 -2.51u
    Ludo's Locks Parlay Project: +1.4u

2012: +20.311u

I was just looking over maia and fitchs records and i realized that maia has had a shitload of fights. Fifteen to be exact. He is up there with fitch in terms of experience. It makes me like him in this fight even more.
    1 unit = 300 $

Anyone else think little nog has a chance? He has pretty good takedowm defense and hes a pan american games bronze medalist in boxing.
    1 unit = 300 $

Pretty slim chance, I'd think. Rashad is faster, younger, blacker, all-around better. Rogerio looks like his brother, but he's not the same fighter.
    Triple-six killers in this motherfucker runnin shit

Yeah Rashad is going to win easy imo. I don't even think Rashad is going to be at a disadvantage on the feet.

Quote Originally Posted by edman5555 View Post
    Anyone else think little nog has a chance? He has pretty good takedowm defense and hes a pan american games bronze medalist in boxing.
    He has a chance, but I think Little Nog is a good example of my "Every fighter with credentials in a striking art has overrated striking in MMA" rule.

Yeah I know what you mean. He hasn't looked as good because he has been fighting wrestlers. I just worry that he might be finally developing his wrestling game. His last four fights have been wrestlers.
    1 unit = 300 $

Following the UFC 156 media event on Thursday, the two Heavyweights squared off for a photo op. The face-off got intense when each fighter got in close on the other. Then, according to UFC president Dana White, there was an exchange that the cameras didn't pick up:
    Silva: You better start respecting me.
    Overeem: I'm going to f***ing destroy you.

Quote Originally Posted by edman5555 View Post
    Yeah I know what you mean. He hasn't looked as good because he has been fighting wrestlers. I just worry that he might be finally developing his wrestling game. His last four fights have been wrestlers.
    And not one of those wrestlers is as good at takedowns, gnp, or striking as Rashad... and all but Tito still beat him. So why is Nog going to win this time?
    2012: +19.33
    2012 Parlay project: +16.5u

Well he was doing ok against phil davis and he tkod tito. He could be getting progressively better as he fights wrestler after wrestler. If he can put together a good performance he could pull it out. I favor rashad but I think little nog is underrated.
    1 unit = 300 $

It's not like Little Nog has had lots of time to train during his layoff...pretty sure he kept getting hurt.

I just don't see how losing to a lesser wrestler is going to prepare you to beat a better wrestler. Rashad took Phil Davis down pretty easy (much to my surprise and chagrin).
    2012: +19.33
    2012 Parlay project: +16.5u

Poopoo. You made a comment in the bets thread saying you ha e a gut feeling silva wins. Can you explain why?
    1 unit = 300 $