Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 234 ... LastLast

Thread: TUF Brazile 2 Finale June 8th (UFC on Fuel TV 10)

From everything I've seen, Damm pretty much sucks. The only dude he's beat that I've heard of is Jorge Masvidal and I'm willing to bet Mas was up on points before getting caught with a punch. I dunno, I'm going to watch the fight now. You're willing to join me:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x5r...t#.UbD4vZyKJ8E

But everyone else with a name--Azvedo, Mitsuoko, Melendez, Blanco, Wilcox and Carvalho--has beat him, although the fight with Carvalho was closer than I expected, so I'll give him that. And obviously Melendez is understandable, but Mitsuoko was the Japanese guy who just got beat by Gomi and had his shit pushed in by Lentz. Wilcox beat his fucking ass like he was Wilcox's bitch and talked out of turn in public.

Hirota is an ex-DEEP and Sengoku champ, for what it's worth. And he at least took a round off of Yahya and, as you pointed out, beat Healy in a lot of people's eyes.
    I heart cock

Healys wrestling is pretty solid as well so it makes me think Hirota might be able to keep it standing. Yahya straight up grapplefucked him until he gassed and almost got knocked out. That's the only thing that gives me concern. I'm not sure being a Brazilian wrestling champ really makes you a great wrestler.
    1 unit = 300 $

Watched the fight. I don't know if Damm looked better than I expected or if Masvidal just looked particularly lackluster. Also, early stoppage.

What I do know is that Damm is 2-5 in his last 7 with his only two wins coming against dudes who don't have a Wikipedia page. I could see the Japanese fighter curse striking here, but at + odds I like Hirota enough for a small play. Gonna put enough on him to win a unit.
    I heart cock

I'm also considering taking Markes over Brunson. God Brunson looked like shit against Leben.
    I heart cock

I watched parts of it. MAsvidal dropped him in the first round. Damm caught masvidal with a good punch and got the knockout at the end. I think the stoppage could have been premature but it was still a solid punch regardless. Tough call.
    1 unit = 300 $

It was a solid punch that knocked Mas down but it was far from a clean knockout. Mas still looked entirely conscious to me. No where in the rules does it say fights are stopped on a knockdown. The ref did a shitty job and that's backed up by Mas's immediate reaction of frustration.
    I heart cock

Fuck it. Took Markes. Brunson's thing is his wrestling and Markes beat wrestlers at their own game (Simpson, Vemola). And Brunson looked like total shit against Leben and also lost a split to Kendall Grove. I'll actually be pretty surprised if Markes loses this one.
    I heart cock

Not too sure if Hirota will have much advantage on the feet vs Damm. He has power but his techniques arent anything impressive imo. Damm is pretty active striking and quite durable. I think Hirota wont have any problem defending the TDs. If anything, he will be the one taking Damm down. I think it will be a close fight and with it being in Brazil.. the judges might favor Damm. On fair ground, I think Hirota will edge it.

Quote Originally Posted by SPX View Post
    Fuck it. Took Markes. Brunson's thing is his wrestling and Markes beat wrestlers at their own game (Simpson, Vemola). And Brunson looked like total shit against Leben and also lost a split to Kendall Grove. I'll actually be pretty surprised if Markes loses this one.
    You lost this bet. Ronny Markes just got in a car accident before the weigh ins and the fight is off.

Brunson won via (T)KO (Car Accident).

Quote Originally Posted by poopoo333 View Post
    You lost this bet. Ronny Markes just got in a car accident before the weigh ins and the fight is off.

Brunson won via (T)KO (Car Accident).
    Damn, that's bad. I had 300$ on markes. I was REALLY confident in him

How is Werdum ITD -125 not a great bet?

Damn, that sucks about Markes. I thought the line was pretty well off.
    I heart cock

Quote Originally Posted by SPX View Post
    Anyone else thinking Hirota should be favored over Damm?
    I don't feel like I can justify it too well, but yeah.

Off to Ginasio Paulo Sarasate for UFC on FUELTV 10. Venue doesn't have air conditioning and it's 90+. Should be interesting...
    hmm..this could effect the fighters imo

I do think this favors Jason High too if he can get the takedowns early. Silva has very suspect cardio and in those conditions it could start to wear out on him earlier than halfway through round 2 like it usually does

So the UFC staged some shit in a building that doesn't have air conditioning? WTF?
    I heart cock

I do think this favors Jason High too if he can get the takedowns early. Silva has very suspect cardio and in those conditions it could start to wear out on him earlier than halfway through round 2 like it usually does
    Nice find.
    1 unit = 300 $

Why do you tink Caio Magalhaes wins poopoo?
    1 unit = 300 $

I think the fight will be over long before that happens. Silva by sub rd 1.

Quote Originally Posted by edman5555 View Post
    Why do you tink Caio Magalhaes wins poopoo?
    Because Zak could complete a 5 mile run and still have better cardio than Vemola. Vemola is always fade material.

Quote Originally Posted by Luke View Post
    How is Werdum ITD -125 not a great bet?
    Since everyone ignored me, I'll answer myself. Yeah Luke, it was a great bet, nice call