Page 100 of 129 FirstFirst ... 50909596979899100101102103104105110 ... LastLast
Results 1,981 to 2,000 of 2570

Thread: 2013 Off Topic Thread

Olympic wrestling is nothing like what I grew up doing. It was a clusterfuck of retarded rules, much like Oly judo. This probably means they are going to make more rules, not fewer.
    2012: +19.33
    2012 Parlay project: +16.5u

"White says a UFC fighter would beat a boxer in an MMA fight 100% of the time"

Pretty sure Ray Mercer disagrees

BOL. You know, what I would like to see is a top-level boxer against a Bellator undercard journeyman sort of guy in an MMA fight and see how it goes.
    I heart cock

Quote Originally Posted by SPX View Post
    BOL. You know, what I would like to see is a top-level boxer against a Bellator undercard journeyman sort of guy in an MMA fight and see how it goes.
    It all depends on if he's ever wrestled before, I think. If he was a former HS wrestler or has any previously training and could stop a TD he'd definitely stand a chance. The thing is most boxers have very tiny legs and couldnt stop a TD from a toddler

What the fuck's wrong with their legs? They don't do squats?
    I heart cock

What the fuck's wrong with their legs? They don't do squats?
    I doubt it. The condition their legs for dancing around a ring for 12 rounds rather than for power . Tyson is the only boxer I can recall that didnt have bird legs. Even people like Holyfield who had huge upper bodies had tiny legs.

Apparently Mike Tyson has his own Squat Challenge:

http://bosschicks.com/wp-content/upl...-challenge.png
    I heart cock

Apparently Mike Tyson has his own Squat Challenge:

http://bosschicks.com/wp-content/upl...-challenge.png
    Bol, I'd bet he's the only one. Go look at Holyfield's legs (no homo............)

It is harder to stop takedowns than people think and it is a lot more difficult to stop submissions than people think. I love it when people think, "well I would just sprawl"... ok good luck with that, defensive wrestling (while not completely running away) is basically its own martial art. That said, if you put an striker in there, the boxer is going to demolish him.

Quote Originally Posted by MMA_scientist View Post
    That said, if you put an striker in there, the boxer is going to demolish him.
    That's probably true if indeed we're talking about a journeyman sort, but let's say we're talking about a special rules match where takedowns are not allowed . . . so muay Thai rules basically.

Pettis vs Mayweather . . . who wins?
    I heart cock

I would put my money on mayweather provided you give him a three month training camp to prepare for the kicks and knees.
    1 unit = 300 $

That's probably true if indeed we're talking about a journeyman sort, but let's say we're talking about a special rules match where takedowns are not allowed . . . so muay Thai rules basically.

Pettis vs Mayweather . . . who wins?
    Mayweather easy.

Scientist Vs mayweather in MMA match. What chance do you give yourself? By percentage, as accurately and honestly as possible. Go.
    1 unit = 300 $

Mayweather easy.
    So boxers are just the best strikers and no one can beat them in striking matches?

You don't think Pettis would have a field day with kicks and knees?
    I heart cock

Quote Originally Posted by edman5555 View Post
    I would put my money on mayweather provided you give him a three month training camp to prepare for the kicks and knees.
    So does that mean if Pettis got a three month training camp in pure boxing he could handle Mayweather's hands?
    I heart cock

So boxers are just the best strikers and no one can beat them in striking matches?
    yeah, pretty much. I thought that was obvious. We are also talking about Mayweather, an all time great.

Quote Originally Posted by SPX
    You don't think Pettis would have a field day with kicks and knees?
    No, not with knees, boxers can clinch too. Kicks, maybe he could land some of those body kicks... but I think the best boxer in the world knows how to close the distance.

I believe in economics. If Pettis could strike as well as Mayweather, he would be a boxer making multi-millions to fight, rather than an MMA fighter making thousands (and not even hundreds of thousands). Maybe kicks would be the equalizer, but I just think that the skill difference is too vast. That said, I think Pettis would beat his ass in an MMA fight, any other type of fight. But I just don't think he could strike with him.

yeah, pretty much. I thought that was obvious. We are also talking about Mayweather, an all time great.
    I think boxers are the best at boxing. That is, the best at using two (the most important two, granted) of the eight striking tools that compose the total striking game. Under kickboxing/MT rules, the best in the world at kickboxing should beat the best in the world at boxing. Under boxing rules, the boxer should win.

No, not with knees, boxers can clinch too.
    Boxers have a sort of clinch that they use but it's not a Thai plum. They would need specialized training to understand how to deal with this.

Kicks, maybe he could land some of those body kicks... but I think the best boxer in the world knows how to close the distance.
    What about leg kicks? You don't think Pettis could keep his distance for a round and punish Mayweather's legs to take his mobility away.

"If a man can't walk, he can't fight." -- Terry Silver, Karate Kid III

I believe in economics. If Pettis could strike as well as Mayweather, he would be a boxer making multi-millions to fight, rather than an MMA fighter making thousands (and not even hundreds of thousands). Maybe kicks would be the equalizer, but I just think that the skill difference is too vast. That said, I think Pettis would beat his ass in an MMA fight, any other type of fight. But I just don't think he could strike with him.
    I think at this point Pettis has set himself aside as a kicker more than he is a boxer. This isn't surprising with his TKD background and it would do a lot to explain why he's not a professional boxer. Also, though it's probably not enough to counter an offer of millions of dollars, there are probably a lot of MMA guys who could do well in boxing if that's what they chose to go into. But MMA is their love.
    Last edited by SPX; 09-10-2013 at 07:00 PM.
    I heart cock

Have you guys ever seen the bizarre Ali vs. Inoki fight? I was impressed with how helpless Ali was against those low kicks, even with Inoki not allowed to punch, initiate a grapple, or kick from a standing position.

I actually agree with Dana on this one. Riddle is being a fuckin baby. If he didnt get popped for weed, he would fight more.
    Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter