Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: Friday 3-6-20 Free Plays / Trends / Betting Info / Etc

Service Play Moderator Can'tPickAWinner's Avatar
    Brandon Lee

Mar 06 '20, 7:35 PM in 1h
    NBA | Spurs vs Nets
    Play on: Nets -3 -110 at Bovada

10* FREE NBA PICK (Nets -3)
    I'll take my chances here with Brooklyn laying a mere 3-points at home against the Spurs. I think we are getting some value here with the Nets. Brooklyn covered as a 7.5-point dog at Miami and then won outright a few days later at Boston as a 6.5-point dog. They scored 51 in the 4th quarter against the Celtics to force OT in that game.
    Few teams are going to play well on no rest after a game like Brooklyn had against Boston and that's why the Grizzlies were my biggest play of the day in that matchup. Memphis went on to win 118-79.
    I think that result has the Nets showing value here, as it really take a lot away from their previous two performances. You look at their recent schedule and you see a team that is just 1-5 SU in their last 6 games. Not exactly an easy back as a favorite. Also, I think there's value with Brooklyn still with the injury to Irving. The perception is that's a big loss and it looks even worse given their recent struggles, but in reality the Nets have been a better team this season without Irving on the floor.
    As for the Spurs, San Antonio is a major disappointment and given their ugly 11-20 record on the road, I don't know how you trust them here. Keep in mind Spurs are down big man LaMarcus Aldridge, as well as his backup Jakob Poeltl.
    Last time out the SA barely escaped with a 104-103 win at Charlotte. I think it's also worth noting that it can't be easy here for the Spurs to be back on the road. San Antonio had to play 6 straight on the road before the break and another two when they got back. Not to mention this might be the least exciting road trip you could put together playing the Hornets, Nets and Cavs in 6 day stretch. Give me the Nets -3!

Ray Monohan

Mar 06 '20, 7:38 PM in 1h
    NHL | Blackhawks vs Red Wings
    Play on: Blackhawks -1½ +155 at GTBets

Blackhawks -1.5
    The Blackhawks (31-28-8) 6-3 in their last 10 travel to Detroit tonight to take on the Red Wings (15-48-5) 1-8-1 in their last 10 at Little Caesars Arena. Puck drop is scheduled for 7:30pm ET.
    The Blackhawks are finding some late in the season magic. They've scored 18 goals in their modest 4-game winning streak, and are making a case for a wild-card in the Western Conference. Patrick Kane loves playing against the Wings and he'll lead this team tonight. He has 43 career points in 48 games vs. the Wings. DeBrincat is starting to get going as well, which will cause the Wings to have to worry about secondary scoring in this one too.
    If you didn't already know there will be no playoffs for Detroit this year. They're already officially eliminated from the post-season. A dark twist of fate for hockey-town. They're also bleeding goals. The Wings have allowed at least 4 goals in 8 of their last 10.
    Chicago are 5-2 SU in their last 7 games this season. 4-1 SU in their last 5, and 4-1 SU in their last 5 against Detroit. The Wings have lost 10 of their last 11, are 0-6 SU in their last 6 games, and 2-9 SU in their last 11 games at home. To boot the Red Wings have scored 2 goals or fewer in 9 of their last 11 games.
    It's hard to think the Wings can compete in this one when they rank nearly at the bottom of the NHL in goals & goals against. (3.75GAA) The Hawks make it 5 in a row vs. the Wings with a nice win on Friday night.
    Hawks -1.5. (4-2 or 5-2 win)
    Good Luck, Razor Ray.
    TGIF 5* FREE NHL PL Play

Dustin Hawkins

Mar 06 '20, 8:00 PM in 2h
    NCAA-B | Ball State vs Northern Illinois
    Play on: UNDER 125½ +100

1 Dimer on Ball State vs Northern Illinois under 125½ +100

Totals Guru

Mar 06 '20, 8:00 PM in 2h
    NCAA-B | Ball State vs Northern Illinois
    Play on: UNDER 126½ -109

Free Total Annihilator On Ball State vs Northern Illinois under 126½ -109

John Martin

Mar 06 '20, 8:05 PM in 2h
    NBA | Magic vs Wolves
    Play on: Wolves +2½ -110 at betonline

1 Unit FREE PLAY on Minnesota Timberwolves +2.5
    The Timberwolves are playing much better with De’Angelo Russell running the show. They pulled the 139-134 upset in New Orleans as double-digit dogs before coming back home and taking down the Bulls 115-108 as 2-point favorites. The Orlando Magic have lost three straight coming in. The Magic lost second-leading scorer Evan Fournier (18.8 PPG) to injury late in the loss to the Heat and he is doubtful to play for them tonight. And the Timberwolves should want revenge from a 125-136 loss in Orlando on February 28th just a week ago. Give me the Timberwolves.

Jack Jones

Mar 06 '20, 8:05 PM in 2h
    NBA | Pacers vs Bulls
    Play on: Bulls +3 -103 at pinnacle

Jack’s Free Pick Friday: Chicago Bulls +3
    The Chicago Bulls have been playing well at home here of late. The Bulls are 2-1 SU & 3-0 ATS in their last three home games with wins and covers against the Mavericks and Wizards, as well as a 2-point loss to the Thunder as 7.5-point dogs.
    Look for the Bulls to continue their solid play at home now that they are getting healthier. They are without Zach Lavine, but they recently got back three of their best players in Wendell Carter Jr., Lauri Markkanen and Otto Porter Jr. Coby White is averaging 28.0 points per game in his last six games and one of the best rookies in the NBA.
    The Pacers just played the Bucks and lost by 19 on the road. I always like fading teams after playing the best teams in the NBA because they have a hard time getting motivated for their next opponent. And I’ll gladly fade the short-handed Pacers, who will be without Malcolm Brogdon and could be without Victor Oladipo, T.J. Warren and Doug McDermott, who are all listed as questionable. They just lost Jeremy Lamb to a season-ending injury as well.
    The Bulls also want revenge from an overtime loss at Indiana, which was their 3rd loss in three meetings this season. They will be motivated to avoid the season sweep. Chicago is 5-2 ATS in its last seven home meetings with Indiana. Bet the Bulls Friday.

Frank Sawyer

Mar 06 '20, 9:00 PM in 3h
    NCAA-B | VCU vs Davidson
    Play on: Davidson -4½ -107 at pinnacle

Take the Davidson Wildcats minus the points versus the VCU Rams. Davidson (15-14) has lost their last two games with their 80-63 loss at Richmond as a 5.5-point underdog on Wednesday. The Wildcats have then covered the point spread in 37 of their last 54 games after a loss on the road to a conference rival. Davidson returns home where they have covered the point spread in 5 of their last 6 games. VCU (18-12) has lost six of their last seven contests with their 80-77 upset loss to Duquesne on Wednesday. The Rams have then failed to cover the point spread after a loss. VCU has also failed to cover the point spread in 25 of their last 33 games as an underdog. Lay the points with Davidson. Best of luck — Frank.

Doc's Sports

NCAA-B | VCU vs Davidson
    Play on: Davidson -4 -107 at pinnacle

Free College Basketball Prediction from Doc’s Sports: Take #862 Davidson -4 over VCU (9 p.m., Friday, March 6) VCU has fallen off the rails down the stretch with a 5-game losing streak before getting back on track against a terrible George Washington team last weekend. Now they close out the season on the road against Davidson, a team with talent. Davidson needs this win at home to improve their seeding in the Atlantic 10 Conference Tournament and will get revenge for an 11-point loss in Richmond earlier this season.

Jimmy Boyd

NCAA-B | Loyola Marymount vs San Francisco
    Play on: San Francisco -6 -110 at YouWager

1* NCAAB - Free Pick on San Francisco -6
    Easy play here on San Francisco in their 2nd round matchup against Loyola Marymount. The Dons are at a huge rest advantage. Lions had to play yesterday against San Diego in the 1st round of the WCC Tournament, while the Dons had a bye.
    San Francisco won both meetings in the regular season, but did only win by 2 as a 5.5-point favorite in the regular-season finale, which I think is playing into the value here.
    What people overlook with that result is the Dons were able to win on the road despite Loyola shooting 54% from the field and SF only connecting on 42%. That's a real good sign that this one could get ugly in a hurry.
    San Francisco has covered 40 of their last 59 away from home when coming in having won two or more in a row (Don's riding a 3-game win streak). They are also 9-3-1 ATS last 13 as a neutral site favorite. Lions are 1-6 ATS last 7 off a win. Take San Francisco!

Dennis Macklin

NCAA-B | Boise State vs San Diego State
    Play on: San Diego State -9 -106 at pinnacle

DMack's Free Play for Friday, March 6, 2020 is on the San Diego State Aztecs
    The basketball Gods smiled on Boise this week by the Broncos get sent home to prepare for a minor tournament after facing the Aztecs here. The Broncos were smoked on this floor by UNLV on Saturday night, but beat the Rebels 67-61 last night in a game that saw the hosts down two starters to injury. SDSU needs to wake up and has trailed their last four games at the half. The Aztecs pounded by twice (18, 17) during the year and Boise just does not match up well against the SDSU scheme. Look for the Aztecs to flip the switch here and win going away by 20.

Mike Williams

Mar 06 '20, 9:05 PM in 3h
    NBA | Blazers vs Suns
    Play on: Blazers -2½ -110 at YouWager

1* on Blazers -2½ -110

Mike Lundin

Mar 06 '20, 10:08 PM in 4h
    NHL | Avalanche vs Canucks
    Play on: Avalanche -125 at pinnacle

AVALANCHE @ CANUCKS FREE PICK
    *23-7 (77%) ALL FREE PICKS 2020*
    The red hot Colorado Avalanche had won seven on the bounce prior to a 4-3 OT loss to Anaheim Wednesday night and they're a perfect 7-0 in their last seven games as a road favorite. Here they'll visit a reeling Vancouver team that is coming off four straight defeats while allowing an average of 4.5 goals per game. The Avs rank fourth in the NHL with their 3.4 goals per game average and I like the price we get on the visitors in this contest.
    Free pick on Colorado Avalanche.

Chris Jordan

22-11-1 run with Complimentary Basketball plays

Gave you a complete mismatch with Santa Clara last night, and tonight I deliver another with the Wofford Terriers against The Citadel Bulldogs in Southern Conference action.

This will be a massacre, as Wofford has shown its mettle during a tough 8-10 SoCon schedule, and 16-15 season. The Bulldogs had just six wins during their 29-game schedule, but were a dismal 0-18 in conference play.

The Citadel - which is mired in a 1-7 ATS skid, all against SoCon teams - has one of the worst defenses in the nation, allowing 83.5 points per game, 84.1 points away from home and 83.2 in its last five.

That won't cut it against a Wofford team that will be looking to establish its presence early and coast to a rather easy win.

Wofford won the two regular-season meetings - including a 23-point victory on the Bulldogs' home court. It's been more than a month since The Citadel lost by single digits.

This is a blowout waiting to happen. Lay the chalk.

3* WOFFORD

Jack Brayman

My free play for tonight is on the late card, as I like the Santa Clara Broncos against the Pepperdine Waves.

The oddsmakers aren't giving the Broncos the respect they deserve, mostly because they finished conference play with a 6-10 mark. But after last night's win in the opening round, they're now 20-12 overall.

Yes, Santa Clara went through a rough stretch of losing six in a row, but snapped that by ending the regular season with a five-point win over Portland, and then dominating the Pilots last night.

Pepperdine won both regular season meetings, and it's awfully hard to beat a team three times, especially with this conference when you're not from Spokane, Washington ... ahem, Gonzaga.

While the Broncos are warmed up with a game under their belts, the Waves have lost two straight, and haven't shown me much consistency on defense that relates to them being ready for a 20-win team like Santa Clara.

Value is with the underdog here.

3* SANTA CLARA

Stephen DeAngelo

Another easy complimentary winner Thursday—my third in a row—as the Hornets covered the number in their two-point loss to Denver. Tonight, it’s back to the college hardwood, where I’m on an 8-3 roll with freebies, as we’ll grab the points with Boise State against San Diego State in the Mountain West Conference tournament semifinals in Las Vegas.

I know the Aztecs easily handled Boise State in both regular-season meetings, cruising 83-65 as an 11-point home favorite and 72-55 as a 5½-point road chalk. But since that latter clash on Feb. 16, San Diego State just hasn’t been as dominant as it was through the first 25 games of the regular season. First came a 66-63 home loss to UNLV as a 14-point chalk—the Aztecs’ only defeat so far—and that was followed by lackluster come-from-behind wins over Colorado State (66-60), Nevada (83-76) and Air Force (73-60).

SDSU trailed at halftime in each of those four games and cashed in just one of them (extending late at Nevada to barely get the cover in a 7-point win as a 5½-point favorite). And while the Aztecs did post a 13-point win over Air Force in yesterday’s quarterfinal matchup, the score was deceiving as they trailed with 15 minutes to go and never came close to cashing as a 17-point favorite.

Conversely, Boise State looked great in its quarterfinal matchup with UNLV, winning 67-61 and avenging a 76-66 loss to the Rebels in its most recent game in the same arena. The Broncos have been playing tremendous defense for more than a month, allowing just 64.5 points per game in their last 11 contests, holding five of those foes to 62 points or fewer.

The key for Boise in this one, of course, will be can its offense generate enough points to compete against SDSU, cover the number and perhaps challenge for the upset? I think the answer is yes, because while the Aztecs have been one of the top defensive teams in the country all season long, that defense has been lagging of late, allowing 65.5 ppg in the last four. That might not seem like a lot, but it is for a team whose season average is 59.2 ppg allowed.

If Broncos can reach that 65-point average that SDSU has been surrendering lately, the Aztecs would have to tally 75 points to cash in this one. I just don’t see that happening, given the way Boise’s defense has been playing, given that both teams are in a back-to-back situation (which usually leads to lower-scoring games), and given that the Aztecs have topped 73 points just once in their last five contests.

4* BOISE STATE

Mitchell Newman

Friday comp play is the Thunder minus the points over the Knicks.

One thing I know for certain is Spike Lee will not be there to watch this game, but the other thing I feel pretty certain about is the Knicks will get hammered in this spot by the Thunder.

OKC just stopped a 2 game slide with a win at Detroit, but they did not cover in that victory as the Thunder has dropped 5 in a row against the spread.

New York has actually won 2 of their last 3 at home and have covered in all 3 of those games, and while the points may look tempting, I think tonight is the spot where the Knicks get run over.

Oklahoma City did win the first series meeting, 127-109 back in January and they have defeated New York now in 6 of the last 7 series meetings while covering in the last pair and in 5 of the last 6.

Good spot for the struggling Thunder to get things back rolling in the right direction.

Lay it with OKC.

2* OKLAHOMA CITY

Bob Valentino

Friday comp play goes out on the Lakers in their showdown against the Bucks.

This game could well be your NBA Finals preview and I expect Los Angeles to get the job done on their home floor.

Milwaukee did win the first meeting of the season between the teams just before Christmas, 111-104 on their home court, as the Bucks made it 6 straight series wins over the Lakers with covers in each of the last 5 victories.

Based on the above numbers it would be of the league's best interest to see Los Angeles actually show they can win one of these games against Giannis and company and tonight I do believe LeBron and AD and company are equal to the task.

Cannot knock either team at all this season as they sport the best pair of record in all of the NBA, but my money says that the Lakers show tonight why plenty of talking heads believe they will win this year's championship.

I am siding with Los Angeles at home over Milwaukee on Friday night at Staples Center.

3* L.A. LAKERS