Handicapped by The Turf Club Analysts

Evangeline Downs - Race #3 - Post: 6:44pm - Maiden Claiming - 8.0 furlongs on the Turf. Purse: $14,500 Class Rating: 51

Rating:

#6 ARMED MISSILE (ML=5/1)
#5 NIN TO WIN (ML=3/1)

ARMED MISSILE - This horse could be tough in today's contest, especially since Cotto rode in the last race and now should be more familiar with this one. This mare has the top turf rating in her last race. It doesn't take a college grad like The Brain to figure this here thoroughbred has a good chance. This mare's last speed fig is lofty enough to triumph here, I'll bet on her back again this time. NIN TO WIN - I sense a speed battle developing here. If that happens, this filly will be in stalking position to run down the leaders. When Stokes and Landry team up on animals the ROI has been great at +36. Landry is good with horses moving to the turf for the first time. You have to figure this filly is going to be in contention in this contest.

Vulnerable Contenders: #4 STAR FASHION (ML=9/5), #2 PRISSY JADEN (ML=7/2), #1 SHOP AROUND (ML=8/1),

STAR FASHION - Didn't end up on the board on May 19th at Evangeline Downs. Followed it up with another lackluster effort. Finished eighth in her most recent race with a mediocre speed rating. When I look at today's Equibase class figure, it would take an improved performance to score after that in this bunch. PRISSY JADEN - This filly registered a speed rating in her last contest which likely isn't good enough in today's race. SHOP AROUND - Hard to keep stabbing at this sort of 'bridesmaid' horse.

STRAIGHT WAGERS: Putting our cash on #6 ARMED MISSILE to win. Have to have odds of at least 2/1 or better though
EXACTA WAGERS: Box [5,6]

TRIFECTA WAGERS:
None
SUPERFECTA WAGERS: Pass