Thread: Wednesday 7/20/22 Free Plays / Trends / Betting Info / Etc

Service Play Moderator Can'tPickAWinner's Avatar

Wednesday 7/20/22 Free Plays / Trends / Betting Info / Etc

Service Play Moderator Can'tPickAWinner's Avatar
    Handicapped by The Turf Club Analysts

Evangeline Downs - Race #4 - Post: 6:51pm - Claiming - 7.5 furlongs on the Turf. Purse: $11,000 Class Rating: 74

Rating:

#1 IZEONPOINT (ML=6/1)
    #4 J Z'S FIRST (ML=9/2)
    #3 MALARTACH (ML=8/1)

IZEONPOINT - This filly is in nice physical condition, having run a good race on July 1st, finishing first. I usually like playing sprinters who are 3-4 races into a comeback. Rodriguez and Gelner perform well when they combine forces. It's hard to beat a +130 ROI for a rider and conditioner. I like the fact that this filly's last speed rating, 67, is tops in this bunch. J Z'S FIRST - The jockey/trainer duo of Melancon and Schwandt has a strong return on investment together. This filly is in superb form right now. Finished second last time out and comes back promptly. Starting from the inside, this animal should have a distinct advantage. Her early pace setting style should serve her well in this short race of 7 1/2 furlongs. Three consecutive improved Equibase speed figures (51-56-67) make this horse a solid contender. MALARTACH - Don't throw this thoroughbred out due to her last affair at Evangeline Downs where she ran fifth in the slop. I look for an improvement today.

Vulnerable Contenders: #8 HAVINFUNYET (ML=8/5), #5 MY LITTLE JEN (ML=3/1),

HAVINFUNYET - Generally I need a sprinter to have some recent success in sprint affairs in order to bet on her. This pony hasn't been on the track since Jun 18th. Not even any morning activity. Can't really bet on this kind of oft beaten chalk. MY LITTLE JEN - Didn't do a whole lot last time out. Probably won't do much running in today's race.

GUEST COMMENTARY: Hal - J Z'S FIRST - This filly's superior last speed number of 67, against these thoroughbreds, makes her the overwhelming choice.

STRAIGHT WAGERS: Play #1 IZEONPOINT to win if you can get odds of 3/1 or more
    EXACTA WAGERS: Box [1,3,4]

TRIFECTA WAGERS:
    Box [1,3,4] Total Cost: $6
    SUPERFECTA WAGERS: Pass