Brian W. Spencer's Daily Picks

Keeneland - Race #4
Picks Notes
#1 Rock N Roll Bolt Interested to see him cut back for this one after really coming to life since getting around two turns, but this is a slightly longer sprint trip than he has tried before, and he might find a cozy spot along the fence while tucked behind the pace.
#8 Jefferson Street He's supposed to be tough here after a couple solid efforts to open his career, and he probably wins this with any step forward off the comeback run. Short price.
#4 Cage Match He ran a few lengths better than his stablemate drawn just inside him in that common special weight debut run at Aqueduct last month, and he has some logical upside today.
Race Summary Rock N Roll Bolt might get a bit overlooked in a race where a few of them likely have more upside, but I think he might get a good go of things from the rail draw while coming out of a few races I liked in New Orleans.
Keeneland - Race #6
Picks Notes
#10 Strikingly Spun She'll have to fire fresh against a pretty good group, but her Kentucky Downs and Churchill form from last year really doesn't feel that far off what it might take to keep her in the frame at a price.
#4 Pleasant Passage She was second in the Breeders' Cup over this course a couple seasons ago, and I'm expecting she'll be ready to fire off the bench today. Better stuff makes her one of the ones.
#2 Ro Town Forward trips have seemed a slight benefit so far here, and I really like this one's last score. Think she's going to be in play turning for home.
Race Summary Would want #3 Spansive and #11 Papilo on the multi-race tickets if the more important opinions were in other races. Strikingly Spun has some midrange price appeal while racing fresh today.
Keeneland - Race #8
Picks Notes
#11 Santorini The synthetic form at Turfway is fine, but there are a couple intriguing turf runs on his page that might be enough to keep him in the picture. First-jump trip from a wide draw?
#12 Limited Liability He's probably going to be tough on class, as the two wins on his page are the two times he raced outside of graded stakes company, but the wide draw and his closing style at this kind of trip could leave him with too much to do late.
#5 The Gray Wizard He's back off the bench with some classy graded credentials of his own, but I think this trip might be a touch sharp for him. Capable player, but better set up for next time?
Race Summary Fun race to close out the day, and Santorini might have a good trip waiting for him right up near the top. He just missed here in stakes company last year.