Brian W. Spencer's Daily Picks

Churchill Downs - Race #5
Picks Notes
#14 Oscars World He needs a lot of scratch help to get in, but coming out of a race that was much tougher than what he's going to find in this spot today if he heads to post.
#6 Battle of Normandy He's the likeliest winner in this group while dropping out of graded stakes company, but he was beaten at 4/5 a couple times last year against similar, so I wouldn't argue too hard if you wanted to stand against. Think he'll finish best.
#5 Millers Rite Lots going on here as he moves around two turns on the turf for the first time while rising to try winners, but he has a little pedigree appeal for the new trip at what should be a nice price.
Race Summary Oscars World probably doesn't run today, but he's interesting if he does while coming out of a graded spot behind a pretty talented winner.
Churchill Downs - Race #8
Picks Notes
#8 Admissible She might offer a midrange price while being capable of something better than she showed last time around. I think the Gulfstream form was encouraging, and maybe a slight bounce back keeps her in the frame with these.
#1 Queen of the Mud I probably won't go any deeper than these two, as she's already a bit of a proven commodity on the turf in a spot with a couple sharp dirt pace types lined up. Perfect tracking trip inside?
#4 Quick Munny Dangerous speed has run some big ones, but she probably has company early today and might be a little overbet here?
Race Summary Admissible has some appeal after wide and even run at Keeneland last out, and I think the race flow might work in her favor to run on late.
Churchill Downs - Race #9
Picks Notes
#11 Bad Boy For Life Decent enough lean for me to this one in the finale while dropping back in for a tag after a couple unsuccessful starts against tougher. The barn has done solid work in these kinds of local spots. Enough to like at a midrange price.
#1 Global Stage He's probably supposed to drill these after landing three underneath shares with special weight types, but he's almost sure to be odds-on for the third time in a row.
#10 Maliblue He battled and faded in the debut run, but he took some cash that day and now goes for the new team off the claim -- could see him being better meant than the running line suggests.
Race Summary Bad Boy For Life gets back into what is probably a better spot for him after a couple special weight runs, and he might be sitting on something better in this second start off the brief break.