Quote Originally Posted by SPX View Post
First, I'm surprised you liked The Bible. From what I know of you, it doesn't seem like your style. But I also liked it. And I also want to see Tut, so that one's on the list.

As for Exodus, it seems that most of your complaints are technical: The people aren't dark enough for you, the accents aren't right, the swords are made of steel (this one honestly didn't even begin to occur to me), etc. I didn't concern myself too much with all that. I thought it was an interesting story that was well-told and the movie also had some of the most beautiful visuals I had seen the whole year.

8/10
I don't usually demand a full on 100% technically accurate depiction of things. Don't get me wrong. I like a little ironic spoofing in there sometimes. It's just that the little shit was so glaringly wrong right off the bat, and the final product in the grand scheme of things, really didn't impress me at all. It felt like another excuse to show the public how far special effects have come along when you throw $150,000,000 into one production.

To be fair, Noah was much, much worse.

Tut was awesome. They used actual kopesh swords, the people had the right features, everything looked much more historically accurate. And the story didn't need a whole lot of doctoring for dramatic effect. If you liked Ramses, Tut will blow you away, I think.