Quote Originally Posted by SPX View Post
Did you not at least think Joel Edgerton was great?

Noah was an insane movie. Literally insane. The story is just fucking crazy. You know what kind of movie you're watching when the rocket launcher comes out. All bets are off at that point.

It's the kind of movie I'm glad I saw once, but I really suspect I will never watch it again.

But is Ben Kingsley really any more authentic than any other Brit?
Noah was laughable to be honest. While watching it I literally started laughing during certain scenes. Like the fucking Neverending Story-esque rock angels, the rocket launcher, Beowulf stowing away on the Arc, Russel Crowe being a fat, alcoholic looking puffy faced Noah who didn't seem at all tortured by the choices he had to make in following God's will, etc etc etc.

I didn't like Joel as Ramses to be honest. He looked more like Ragnar Lothbrok than Ramses to me. It was just disappointing that they couldn't at least find someone who looked the part a little more. It seemed to me more that they let Christian Bale do most of the heavy lifting where performances were concerned, and you know I'm not a fan of Bale.

Kingsly played his part beautifully, and he has just the right look to play a multitude of parts. The only thing that ever betrays him is the accent, but he tends to put in work that sort of helps you forget he's British. He immerses himself so well.