Page 20 of 24 FirstFirst ... 10151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: 2015 Off Topic Thread

Quote Originally Posted by SPX View Post
    So that's it, huh? 18 months probation.

I'm okay with it. 30 days in jail might have been justified as well but I'm rarely in favor of overly harsh sentences.

Now the question is when does he fight again and how good will he look.
    They booked MSG for April. If somehow they get NY legal I'm sure that's it.
    Triple-six killers in this motherfucker runnin shit

Pack it up, LHW division. Daddy's home.

Quote Originally Posted by Luke View Post
    Yeah, I'm okay with him getting coked & liquored up, running a red light, smashing into a pregnant women and causing her injuries, then being a POS and runnning from the scene rather than helping her. Probation seems right. That will teach him.
    I wonder how much time we would have gotten for that? Even with a clean record, first time offender, probably at least a month or two jail time.
    Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by zY| View Post

CTFU!
    Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter

Yeah, I'm okay with him getting coked & liquored up, running a red light, smashing into a pregnant women and causing her injuries, then being a POS and runnning from the scene rather than helping her. Probation seems right. That will teach him.
    He's still very young. I don't see the need to be overly harsh to someone who is essentially a kid. He fucked up and I'm sure he knows that. I'm sure he's endured a lot of mental anguish because of this situation over the past few months.

Probation and having to make 72 outreach appearances may very well be all he needs.
    I heart cock

El Oh Fucking El

I have to admit, even though I'm not a Jones fan, it just does not seem right watching Cormier wear that belt. Jon Jones JUST beat his ass in January. We all know who the real champ is.
    I heart cock

He's still very young. I don't see the need to be overly harsh to someone who is essentially a kid. He fucked up and I'm sure he knows that. I'm sure he's endured a lot of mental anguish because of this situation over the past few months.

Probation and having to make 72 outreach appearances may very well be all he needs.

A kid??? He's 28 freaking years old. A kid is someone who is 16-18, not almost 30.

This is his second DUI/driving under the influnce, so probabtion sure didn't help the first time. Maybe next time he'll kill someone
    Last edited by Luke; 09-30-2015 at 02:07 PM.
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. IWS View Post
    I wonder how much time we would have gotten for that? Even with a clean record, first time offender, probably at least a month or two jail time.
    He's not a first time offender. I'm not sure what we'd get. Only MMAscientist would know for sure
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

I'm not a saint. I've drove drunk before, but I can't imagine smashing into to someone, not knowing if they are fine or dying (not even caring) , and running from the scene. That is a coward move. The guy is a POS
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

This is his second DUI/driving under the influnce, so probabtion sure didn't help the first time. Maybe next time he'll kill someone

To be fair, I suspect everyone here has driven under the influence, probably multiple times.
    I heart cock

To be fair, I suspect everyone here has driven under the influence, probably multiple times.
    Correct, but we haven't injured anyone and then run from the scene. Huge difference.
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Correct, but we haven't injured anyone and then run from the scene. Huge difference.
    We haven't injured anyone out of luck, basically. And if we had, who knows how we would've reacted.

All I'm saying is that we are offenders who simply haven't gotten caught yet. The only difference between him and us is that he got caught.
    I heart cock

We haven't injured anyone out of luck, basically. And if we had, who knows how we would've reacted.

All I'm saying is that we are offenders who simply haven't gotten caught yet. The only difference between him and us is that he got caught.
    I would not run(literally) rom an accident after hurting someone...I have morals.

The DUI/drugs arent what makes him a POS. Its the fact he injured someone and didn't care enough to check on them. Accidents happen.....even drunk ones....but to be that selfish is beyond me
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

I would not run(literally) rom an accident after hurting someone...I have morals.

The DUI/drugs arent what makes him a POS. Its the fact he injured someone and didn't care enough to check on them. Accidents happen.....even drunk ones....but to be that selfish is beyond me

I guess I am just very aware of my imperfections. Not sure I'm in a position to be casting all that judgement.
    I heart cock

Not to mention, with all the money he makes why the fuck doesn't he just hire himself a driver? To make this same mistake a second time, and in a rental to avoid having to use the in-car Breathalyzer he was court ordered to have in his vehicles no less, coupled with the fact that he fled the scene not once, but twice without so much as an "hey are you okay?" is about as low as it gets.

It's no shame to make a mistake. Everyone does. But for fucks sakes be a goddamn man and own that shit.
    2013: +8.24u(increased unit size on 5/19)
    Favorites: 20-6 + 6.13u
    Underdogs: 10-19 -2.51u
    Ludo's Locks Parlay Project: +1.4u

2012: +20.311u

I'm a cautious / paranoid driver, so I never have. I also never text or eat while driving.

I end up being the DD for friends a lot.

As for Jones, it seems pretty light, but damn, if someone told me I had to make 72 outreach speeches to stupid teenagers I'd say "fuck it" and just ask if I could spend a couple months in jail instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Ludo View Post
    Not to mention, with all the money he makes why the fuck doesn't he just hire himself a driver? To make this same mistake a second time, and in a rental to avoid having to use the in-car Breathalyzer he was court ordered to have in his vehicles no less, coupled with the fact that he fled the scene not once, but twice without so much as an "hey are you okay?" is about as low as it gets.

It's no shame to make a mistake. Everyone does. But for fucks sakes be a goddamn man and own that shit.

Exactly.
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

I guess I am just very aware of my imperfections. Not sure I'm in a position to be casting all that judgement.
    I feel like I can cast judgement because I would never do anything like that. Again, I have morals. Would you honestly do that to someone?

If you would hit and injury someone while drunk, and run from the scene without even seeing if they are okay, I think you need to take a long look at yourself in the mirror.

To me, you can't get any more selfish than that
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

I feel like I can cast judgement because I would never do anything like that. Again, I have morals. Would you honestly do that to someone?

If you would hit and injury someone while drunk, and run from the scene without even seeing if they are okay, I think you need to take a long look at yourself in the mirror.

To me, you can't get any more selfish than that

I think there are a lot of things we'd do in certain situations that we don't realize we'd do unless we were in them.

The other thing to consider as well is that if in fact he was under the influence of something in that moment, then he probably made decisions that he wouldn't had made while sober.

I mean, do you KNOW that if you were under the influence of a drug that you would make the some moral decisions that you would make otherwise? That's what drugs do. They fuck with your mind.
    I heart cock