Thread: 2012 Off topic thread(basketball,movies,etc whatever)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SPX View Post
    Yeah, I've seen a lot of really positive reviews. On Metacritic is has several scores of 100 and I just don't get it. They dropped the ball, in my opinion.

Captain America was a good movie. I also liked the new Hulk with Ed Norton.
    I didn't go in with high hopes. Any time a movie is supposed to appeal to everyone, it almost always comes out the same watered down drivel. So I wasn't expecting too much and I was not disappointed. The guy i went with though, he walked out and said "well that was dogshit." He was expecting something more for some reason.

I will say this though, the CG looked way better than anything I have seen in the other movies. Hulk actually looked like he had some "weight" and I was never distracted by the effects the way I am in other movies. Even in Avatar, I was really distracted by how cartoonish it was and how the movements looked so weightless and stupid. So there's that. Still -- Lou Ferigno > all CG Hulks IMO.
    2012: +19.33
    2012 Parlay project: +16.5u

Quote Originally Posted by MMA_scientist View Post
    I didn't go in with high hopes. Any time a movie is supposed to appeal to everyone, it almost always comes out the same watered down drivel. So I wasn't expecting too much and I was not disappointed. The guy i went with though, he walked out and said "well that was dogshit." He was expecting something more for some reason.
    I think that with a better script it could've been a lot more solid. I blame the writers.

Quote Originally Posted by MMA_scientist View Post
    I will say this though, the CG looked way better than anything I have seen in the other movies. Hulk actually looked like he had some "weight" and I was never distracted by the effects the way I am in other movies. Even in Avatar, I was really distracted by how cartoonish it was and how the movements looked so weightless and stupid. So there's that. Still -- Lou Ferigno > all CG Hulks IMO.
    This has always been an issue with CGI, though I think that in MOST cases filmmakers have figured out how to do it right. I've seen CGI good enough to where you couldn't tell whether it was real or computer generated.
    I heart cock