Quote Originally Posted by SPX View Post
Really, you think Signs sucks? I wholly disagree, but that's another subject really.

As for the theory, you could be right. It's interesting how people can build these sorts of grand theories that, like you say, may have nothing to do with reality. If you want to see the ultimate example of this, watch Room 237 if you haven't already.

But then again, on the other hand, I think the dude makes a lot of interesting points and Shyamalan's work has always tended to have a religious tinge to it so it wouldn't shock me to learn that there's some actual truth here.
I don't HATE hate it, but for the most part yeah I don't like it. As the guy said in that quote, the whole "really, water kills them?" is a groaner of epic proportions that really ruins the whole movie. I mean the entire atmosphere of the earth is water. If it really was holy water, one would expect this point would be expressed in a lot less subtle manner. Also, during M Night Shymalallaldnladingdong's cameo, he tells Mel Gibson he's going to a lake because "they don't like water".

I did enjoy some of the predeterminism. ie: 'Swing away, Merrill' and then we get to see Joaquin Phoenix go to town on an alien with a baseball bat. That was pretty sweet.