Quote Originally Posted by Luke View Post
^^^^It was just bad. Just seemed like a big waste of time to me. Trying to get me to see something that wasn't there.

Pretty much my thoughts:

"
In a March 27, 2013 article in The New York Times, Leon Vitali, who served as personal assistant to Kubrick on the film, stated "There are ideas espoused in the movie that I know to be total balderdash"; for example, the documentary's theory concerning a poster of a minotaur is in fact referencing a poster of a skier and the film's usage of a German typewriter, interpreted to be symbolic of the Holocaust, was chosen by Kubrick for pragmatic reasons. He concluded that "[Kubrick] didn’t tell an audience what to think or how to think and if everyone came out thinking something differently that was fine with him. That said, I’m certain that he wouldn’t have wanted to listen to about 70, or maybe 80 percent [of Room 237]... Because it’s pure gibberish."[18]
In an October 2014 interview with Rolling Stone, Stephen King said that he had seen the film and that he "watched about half of it and got impatient with and turned it off" as he felt the filmmakers were "reaching for things that weren't there".[19]"
Well again, as I mentioned, it's not about the theories, it's about the theorists. Since we're quoting Wiki:

Owen Gleiberman of Entertainment Weekly gave the movie an "A", writing: "Room 237 makes perfect sense of The Shining because, even more than The Shining itself, it places you right inside the logic of how an insane person thinks."
To me, it was fascinating.