PDA

View Full Version : 11-18-08

Mr. IWS
11-18-2008, 11:26 AM
Brandon Lang

Tuesday
10 Dime Northern Illinois (if for some reason the line is 3 1/2, you're to buy the 1/2-point down and lay only 3 points)

FREE - Over No. Illinois/Kent State

Mr. IWS
11-18-2008, 03:26 PM
BIG AL's 100% (9-0 ATS) COLLEGE HOOPS ROADKILL

At 9 pm, our selection is on the Colorado State Rams minus the points over Northern Colorado.

Mr. IWS
11-18-2008, 03:27 PM
Spreitzer
College Hoops 25*- Buffalo

Mr. IWS
11-18-2008, 03:27 PM
Larry Ness

Oddsmaker Error

Oklahoma

Las Vegas Insider

Arizona

Eastern Conf GOW

Wash Wizards

Mr. IWS
11-18-2008, 04:40 PM
Wayne Root

Chairman- Kent St
Millionaire- Utah Utes

Mr. IWS
11-18-2008, 05:11 PM
DR BOB

***SYRACUSE (-15 1/2) over Richmond
03:00 PM Pacific - Rotation 724
Syracuse may be an underrated team this season, as the only player of consequence that the Orange lost was leading scorer Donte Greene, which is actually addition by subtraction as far as I’m concerned. Greene averaged 17.7 points per game, but he shot a miserable 41.8% from the field while the rest of the team made 50.2% of their shots. Syracuse returns 4 players that averaged 12.7 points or more last season, including star Eric Devendorf, who was averaging 17.0 points per game through 10 games before missing the rest of the season. Syracuse is loaded with athletic players that can rebound, defend and score and the Orange will be much better this year with Devendorf back and with Greene gone. Richmond was likely going to be an improved squad too before top player Den Geriot was lost for the season with an injury. Geriot not only lead the Spiders in scoring while shooting 47.3% from the field last season (the rest of the team shot 42.8%), but he was also the team’s leading rebounder and will be missed. Richmond was -5.6 in rebound margin last season with Geriot and they are going to get dominated on the boards by a Syracuse team that out-rebounded opponents by 5.9 boards last season. Richmond’s supporting cast has most likely improved and I rate them the same as last season heading into this year. My ratings favor Syracuse by 18 points and the Orange apply to a 37-5 ATS subset of a 92-32-3 ATS early season indicator. I’ll take Syracuse in a 3-Star Best Bet at -18 points or less and for 2-Stars at -18 ½ or -19 points.

Mr. IWS
11-18-2008, 05:21 PM
burns

lightning

Mr. IWS
11-18-2008, 06:19 PM
Big Al

All cbb

3 Oklahoma
3 Boston college
3 Colorado state
3 Maryland
3 Texas
1 Portland state

Mr. IWS
11-18-2008, 06:27 PM
DR BOB

3 Star Selection
SYRACUSE (-15 1/2) over Richmond
18-Nov-08 03:00 PM Pacific Time
Syracuse may be an underrated team this season, as the only player of consequence that the Orange lost was leading scorer Donte Greene, which is actually addition by subtraction as far as I’m concerned. Greene averaged 17.7 points per game, but he shot a miserable 41.8% from the field while the rest of the team made 50.2% of their shots. Syracuse returns 4 players that averaged 12.7 points or more last season, including star Eric Devendorf, who was averaging 17.0 points per game through 10 games before missing the rest of the season. Syracuse is loaded with athletic players that can rebound, defend and score and the Orange will be much better this year with Devendorf back and with Greene gone. Richmond was likely going to be an improved squad too before top player Den Geriot was lost for the season with an injury. Geriot not only lead the Spiders in scoring while shooting 47.3% from the field last season (the rest of the team shot 42.8%), but he was also the team’s leading rebounder and will be missed. Richmond was -5.6 in rebound margin last season with Geriot and they are going to get dominated on the boards by a Syracuse team that out-rebounded opponents by 5.9 boards last season. Richmond’s supporting cast has most likely improved and I rate them the same as last season heading into this year. My ratings favor Syracuse by 18 points and the Orange apply to a 37-5 ATS subset of a 92-32-3 ATS early season indicator. I’ll take Syracuse in a 3-Star Best Bet at -18 points or less and for 2-Stars at -18 ½ or -19 points.
3-Stars at -18 or less, 2-Stars up to -19 points.

2 Star Selection
TENNESSEE (-24) over Tenn-Martin
18-Nov-08 04:00 PM Pacific Time
Tennessee was one of the top teams in the nation last year and they’ll be better this year without last year’s leading scorer Chris Lofton, who shot a horrible 39.9% from the field. The Volunteers are loaded with talent and their up-tempo pace allows them to cover as a big favorite, especially against a team like Tennessee-Martin that will be willing to run with them. Tenn-Martin has a future NBA player in Lester Hudson, who averaged 25.7 points per game last season, but Tennessee Martin was bad last year despite Hudson’s great season and #2 scorer Marquis Weddle shot just 40.9% from the field – so Hudson doesn’t have a ton of help. The Skyhawks also don’t play much defense, as they allowed 46% shooting last season to a weak schedule of opponents. I don think UTM will be improved this season by about 4 points or so, but my ratings still favor Tennessee by 25 points in this game after taking the fast pace of the game into account. Tennessee is 28-10-1 ATS at home under coach Bruce Pearl, including 4-0 ATS as a favorite of 18 points or more and the Volunteers are coming off a 114-75 win over a UT Chattanooga team that is about 9 points better than Tennessee Martin. The reason for the play is a 92-32-3 ATS early season indicator that favors Tennessee in this game and the record of that angle is 19-1 ATS when applying to favorites of more than 15 points. I’ll take Tennessee in a 2-Star Best Bet at -25 points or less and for 3-Stars at -23 or less.
2-Stars at -25 or less, 3-Stars at -23 or less.

2 Star Selection
BOSTON COLLEGE (-8 1/2) over St. Johns
18-Nov-08 04:30 PM Pacific Time
Both of these teams were near the bottom of their tough conferences last season, but Boston College looks like an improved team while St. John’s looks just slightly better than they were last season. Boston College, meanwhile, is coming off a resounding 90-57 win as a 14 ½ point favorite over a decent Loyola Maryland team and the Eagles appear to have added a star in Vermont transfer Joe Trapani, who has averaged 16.5 points, 6.5 rebounds and 3.5 assists in his first two games. BC star Tyrese Rice missed the opener, but scored 16 points and dished 6 assists last night. The Eagles appear to be giving more effort on the defensive side of the floor this season and they could be better than my ratings suggest. My ratings favor Boston College by 8 ½ points and the Eagles apply to a 75-25-5 ATS early season indicator while St. John’s applies to a negative 34-82-6 ATS road letdown angle (the record is 8-0 ATS when those situations intersect). I’ll take Boston College in a 3-Star Best Bet at -8 points or less and for 2-Stars at -8 ½ or -9 points.
2-Stars at -9 or less, 3-Stars at -8 or less.

3 Star Selection
COLORADO STATE (-7) over Northern Colorado
18-Nov-08 06:00 PM Pacific Time
Northern Colorado’s narrow 64-66 loss at Oregon in their opener appeared to be very impressive until the Ducks lost at home 79-82 to Oakland, Michigan in their next game. Northern Colorado is a decent team, but the Rams of Colorado State should be much improved this season with the addition of Andy Ogide, an Ole’ Miss transfer that scored 20 points and grabbed 14 rebounds in his debut. The Rams return starters at the other 4 positions and add depth in frontcourt that they sorely missed last season – a problem that led to a horrible second half slide when injuries hit the frontcourt last season. Colorado State won their opener 85-55 as only a 4 ½ point favorite over Montana and the Rams apply to a 42-9-1 ATs subset of a 210-103-8 ATS momentum situation tonight. I’ll take Colorado State in a 3-Star Best Bet at -8 points or less and for 2-Stars at -8 ½ or -9 points.
3-Stars at -8 or less, 2-Stars at -8 1/2 or -9.

2 Star Selection
OKLAHOMA (-4) over Davidson
18-Nov-08 06:30 PM Pacific Time
Two of the premier players in the nation square off in this game, as Davidson’s Stephen Curry and Oklahoma’s Blake Griffin are both sure thing 1st Team All-Americans this season. Griffin and Curry cancel each other out and the Sooners have a much more talented supporting cast, especially with Davidson’s Jason Richards and his 8.1 assists per game having graduated. Oklahoma added one of the premier freshman in the nation in Willie Warren and my ratings favor the Sooners by 6 points in this game. In addition to the line value, Oklahoma applies to a solid 221-124-8 ATS momentum situation while Davidson applies to a negative 34-82-6 ATS situation. This game should be a solid 3-Star Best Bet based on the line value and the situations, but Davidson was a good underdog last season (7-0 ATS), so I’ll take Oklahoma in a 2-Star Best Bet at -5 points or less and for 3-Stars at -3 or less.
2-Stars at -5 or less, 3-Stars at -3 or less.

Mr. IWS
11-18-2008, 06:27 PM
Larry Ness

Oddsmaker Error
OKLAHOMA

Las Vegas Insider
ARIZONA

Eastern Conf GOW
WASHINGTON WIZARDS