PDA

View Full Version : 11-28-08

Mr. IWS
11-28-2008, 08:32 AM
Dr. Bob

4 Star Selection
MISSISSIPPI (-17.0) 38 Mississippi St. 9
28-Nov-08 09:30 AM Pacific Time
I’ll take Mississippi in a 4-Star Best Bet at -17 points or less, for 3-Stars from -17 ½ to -19 and for 2-Stars at -19 ½ or -20 points.
3 Star Selection

Strong Opinions
ARIZONA ST. (-9.5) 27 UCLA 10
28-Nov-08 06:30 PM Pacific Time
I’ll consider Arizona State a Strong Opinion at -10 or less based on Erickson’s history as a home favorite

Mr. IWS
11-28-2008, 08:34 AM
Larry Ness
Larry Ness' Las Vegas Insider (75% in Nov)

Larry and his "unmatched" contacts made it 10-2 in NFL '08 by easily winning on Thanksgiving with Philly. They are also finishing strong in CFB, posting a 3-1 (75%) mark with his CFB Insiders in Nov. For the 3rd time TY, Larry's releasing a non-Sat game as his CFB Insider (2-0), with this Friday contest. Want in on
Friday?

Miami of Ohio

Larry's CFB Friday 9* (10-3 FB run in Nov)

November's been a HUGE 'money month' for Larry here at CE. He's gone 10-3 (76.9%) with his 'high-end' FB releases (9 and 10*s) in CFB and the NFL, combined. His 'ASSAULT' on the FB pointspread this month is not through, as on CFB's biggest Friday of the season, Larry's releasing another CFB 9*. "The winning continues." Want in?

Toledo Rockets

Mr. IWS
11-28-2008, 09:40 AM
Larry Ness' NBA Situational G.O.M

Larry's been rather quiet in the NBA this week (1-0), as he's gone a DOMINATING 12-4-1 the L8 days in CBB. However, last Friday he won his Western Conf G.O.M. (Mavs) and is expecting a "repeat performance" tonight with just his 2nd G.O.M. play in the NBA this Nov. "Don't get caught on the sidelines" for Larry's NBA Situational G.O.M!

Portland Trailblazers

Mr. IWS
11-28-2008, 11:17 AM
BEN BURNS

I'm taking the points with KENT STATE. The Bulls have had a great season. However, this is a tough spot for them. Not only are they coming off yet another overtime victory but they have already clinched the MAC East title and have a huge game with undefeated Ball State on deck. In fact, while I won't count it, I wouldn't be surprised to see at least some of the Buffalo starters see limited minutes. Either way, it will be hard to get up for lowly Kent State. While the Bulls have been winning, they haven't been blowing teams out. Last week was their second straight overtime game and fifth for the season. Not surprisingly, four of their seven victories have been by six points or less. Note that last year's meeting between these teams also went to overtime. The Golden Flashes, who are 4-2 ATS the last six times that they were underdogs in the +3.5 to +10 range, have a star in QB Julian Edelman, who is looking to finish with a bang. Look for Edelman and co. to put up big numbers as the Bulls get caught looking ahead and the Golden Flashes earn at least the cover.

Mr. IWS
11-28-2008, 11:17 AM
BEN BURNS
COLLEGE BASKETBALL

I'm playing on PURDUE. These teams are both playing well and both should have strong seasons. That being said, I feel that the value lies with the Big 10 for this early season Big 10 vs. Big 12 showdown. The Boilermakers are coming off an outstanding season which saw them finish second in the Big 10 and reach the second round of the NCAA tournament. This year, they brought back all the key components from that team. Oklahoma coach Jeff Capel had this to say of the Boilermakers: "I got a chance to watch them earlier. They're so well coached, they're disciplined, they’re physical, they have such good guards." By now, most have heard of Oklahoma's star player, Blake Griffin, the preseason Big 12 Player of the Year. Griffin is the real deal, averaging a whopping 27.2 points and 18.8 rebounds thus far. While Griffin will surely put up big numbers again today, I like Purdue's overall team and feel that they will do a better job at slowing down the Sooners' star than UAB did. Note that no team has scored more than 64 points against the Boilermakers thus far and they're allowing an average of a mere 52.8 points per game. They held Boston College to just 38.6 percent shooting and opponents are shooting only 34% overall against them. The Boilermakers are experienced and have plenty of depth in the backcourt. They may not have a star like Griffin but they've got four players averaging in double-figures in scoring (Sooners have 3) and six players averaging greater than 8.5 per game. The Boilermakers are currently listed as slight favorites. That's worth noting as we find them at 28-14 ATS the last 42 times they were in the favorite role, including a 3-1 ATS (4-0 SU) mark as a neutral court favorite of three points or less, or pick'em. The Sooners are 2-4 ATS the last six times they were neutral court underdogs of three points or less, or pick'em. Look for them to suffer their first loss this afternoon. *Best Bet

Mr. IWS
11-28-2008, 11:18 AM
BEN BURNS

I'm taking the points with FRESNO STATE. As you're aware, this is a huge game for the Broncos as they're looking to remain undefeated. Its also a very big game for the Bulldogs though, as they would love nothing more than to hand a hated conference rival its only loss. While Boise State is an excellent team, the Bulldogs are no slouches either. As usual Fresno State's non-conference slate was fairly challenging. The Bulldogs began their season by playing three of four road games with the lone home game coming vs. Wisconsin. They came up a field goal short vs. the Badgers but recorded road victories at Rutgers, Toledo and UCLA. A closer look reveals that the Broncos were an impressive 5-1 on the road and that the lone loss came by only a field goal. In fact, no team beat the Bulldogs by as many as two touchdowns this season. Now, with a line move in our favor, we're getting three (or more) TD's to work with. The Bulldogs scored 24 or more points in nine of 10 games this season. Only Wisconsin kept them below that mark and the Bulldogs defense responded by limiting the Badgers to only 13. The Bulldogs are coming off back to back victories. They've done it by going back to the basics - establishing a solid ground attack, getting productive special teams play and stopping their opponents from being able to run the ball. Indeed, the Bulldogs have been dominant against the run of late, holding their last two opponents to minus-14 yards rushing. The Broncos had their hands full vs. Nevada last week (won by 7) and I expect the Bulldogs to also give them a much tougher test than most are expecting. *Main Event

Mr. IWS
BEN BURNS

I'm taking the points with PITTSBURGH. You'll hear a lot of talk about "revenge" when people are discussing this game. That's because the Panthers upset the Mountaineers as four touchdown underdogs last season and that was the only thing that kept West Virginia from playing for the national title. That result has caused the majority of the betting public to want to back the revenge-minded visitors. This, in turn, has created excellent value with the home underdog. It's true that the Mountaineers would surely love to avenge that defeat. Indeed, this is the very definition of a "revenge" game. However, wanting to do something and actually doing it are often two entirely different matters. The Moutaineers couldn't beat the Panthers at Morgantown last season and winning at Pittsburgh certainly won't be easy. The Mountaineers arguably aren't as good as they were last season. Conversely, Pittsburgh is much better than it was last season. Last year, West Virginia entered the "Backyard Brawl" with a 10-1 record while Pittsburgh entered with a 4-7 mark. This year, both teams enter with identical 7-3 records. Yes, the Panthers are off a costly loss, falling by a touchdown at Cincinnati. That was on the road vs. what has proven to be an excellent Bearcats ballclub though. It was also just their second conference loss. Note that the Panthers responded with an upset road win (at Notre Dame) when they were coming off their only previous conference loss. Additionally, note that this is the Panthers' home finale and that they crushed Louisville 41-7 the last time they played on this field. While Wannestedt's Panthers haven't always been able to run up the score against weak opponents, even with last week's pointspread loss, they typically play well against good teams and are still a healthy 4-1 ATS the last five times they faced a team with a winning record. Looking at West Virginia and we find that the Mountaineers have faced the same two teams that Pittsburgh has in their past two games. Like the Panthers, the Mountaineers lost to Cincinnati while beating Louisville. West Virginia outscored the two opponents 58-47. Pittsburgh outscored the same two opponents 62-35. Yet, in large part because West Virginia won last week and Pittsburgh lost, the betting public has the idea that the Mountaineers are the team which is playing much better. It should be noted that West Virginia only had 16 first downs last week while Louisville had 26. This is just the second time that the Mountaineers have played back to back road games this season. They lost outright at Colorado the last time that they did so. That game was decided by a field goal and I wouldn't be surprised if this one comes down to the wire as well. Getting more than a field goal, let's back the talented home dog. *Annihilator

Mr. IWS
BEN BURNS

I'm taking the points with MISSISSIPPI STATE. The Rebels have had the better year and they come in playing very well. That being said, the Bulldogs are coming off a victory of their own and they'd love nothing more than to close out their season by upsetting their instate rivals. The line has climbed significantly from its opener and I feel that gives us excellent value with the visitors. While the offense came to life last game, the Bulldogs' defense has been solid all season. For the season, they're allowing just 22.8 points and 315 total yards per game. That can make covering more than 17 points against them a difficult task. The teams have split the last four series meetings. Mississippi's two victories during that stretch both came by 17 points or less and they came by an average of only 10. The last two meetings were both decided by three points and I look for this afternoon's to be much closer than most are expecting once again.

Mr. IWS
BEN BURNS

I'm playing on MIAMI OHIO. The Red Hawks have gone from being a slight favorite to being a slight underdog here. I disagree with that line move and expect Miami Ohio to emerge victorious. Note that the Red Hawks are 2-0 SU/ATS the last two times that they were home underdogs of three points or less while the Bobcats are 0-2 SU/ATS as road favorites. During the same stretch, Ohio is a money-burning 6-15-2 ATS in 23 overall games with a line ranging from +3 to -3. Both teams have had forgettable seasons. However, the Red Hawks have the advantage of playing at home. While that hasn't been much of advantage for them this season, the fact that this is their home finale should provide plenty of motivation. Remember, this is a team with numerous seniors on its roster and one that entered this season expected to do big things. At the very least, the Miami seniors would like to end their careers on a high note. The Bobcats already won their home finale, so shouldn't be quite as determined to win here. The Redhawks, 13-5 their last 18 home finales, have lost back to back games in this series for the first time since the early 1980s. Look for them to give a huge effort, earning some payback for those losses and closing out the season on a winning note.

Mr. IWS
11-28-2008, 11:19 AM
Al

At 12:30 pm, our selection is on the Ole Miss Rebels minus the points over Mississippi State, as Ole Miss falls into two "Last Home Game" systems of mine which have records of 38-5 and 45-12 ATS since 1980. Last week, Houston Nutt's Rebels upset LSU 31-13, and completely dominated the 2007 National Champions. The turnover bugaboo that plagued Mississippi early this season has seemingly been solved. After committing 18 turnovers over a stretch of six games, Mississippi has just lost the ball twice in its last four games. And the Rebels' defense has been outstanding over the last two games. Ole Miss held LSU to 37 yards rushing on 29 carries (and 178 yards passing) and held La Monroe to 72 yards rushing on 34 carries, and a paltry 59 yards rushing. Before last week's upset win vs. Arkansas, Mississippi State had averaged just 77.3 yards rushing per game vs. SEC foes, and I expect Ole Miss to completely shut down the Bulldogs on Friday. Mississippi's better play of late has not gone unnoticed by the pollsters, and Mississippi cracked the Top 25 rankings this week, which was the first time in five years the Rebels have been ranked. Last year, Ole Miss blew a big lead, and lost the "Egg Bowl" to the Bulldogs 17-14. This year, they won't suffer any letdown, and will blow out Miss State from start to finish. College Football Roadkill on Mississippi.

Mr. IWS
11-28-2008, 11:53 AM
Brandon Lang

20 Dime UTEP

5 Dime 10-Point Teaser - Central Michigan / UCLA / Mississippi

Mr. IWS
11-28-2008, 11:57 AM
PPP 4* Miss.

Mr. IWS
11-28-2008, 12:13 PM
Root

Football: