PDA

View Full Version : 12-2-08

Mr. IWS
12-02-2008, 11:22 AM
Brandon Lang
Tuesday 10 Dime Purdue

FREE - Illinois (See daily video for your analysis)

Mr. IWS
12-02-2008, 01:20 PM
Big @l

COLLEGE BASKETBALL ROADKILL (67% THIS YR)
22nd-ranked Miami Fla Hurricanes minus the points over Ohio State

80% ATS NCAA HOOPS BANK SHOT WINNER ON TV
Illinois Illini over Clemson

Mr. IWS
12-02-2008, 02:47 PM
BEN BURNS

I'm laying the points with MIAMI FLORIDA.

. *Personal Favorite

Mr. IWS
12-02-2008, 02:47 PM
BEN BURNS

I'm taking the points with INDIANA.

*Annihilator

Mr. IWS
12-02-2008, 02:48 PM
BEN BURNS

I'm taking the points with PHILADELPHIA.

. *Eastern Conf. GOW

Mr. IWS
12-02-2008, 02:48 PM
BEN BURNS

I'm playing on the 76ers and Bulls to finish UNDER the total.

. *Blue Chip

Mr. IWS
12-02-2008, 05:55 PM
Scott Spreitzer - Scott's CBB ACC/BIG-10 CHALLENGE GAME OF THE YEAR!
Item: PKG-1692-65234 Order Number: 1114727

(747) DUKE (+2, ov147.5)
(748) PURDUE (-2, un147.5)
Tuesday, Dec 02 2008, 06:00 PM PST
Take " (748) PURDUE "
I'm playing Purdue on Tuesday night. The Boilermakers fell short last time out against Oklahoma thanks to a huge disadvantage at the FT line. The Sooners also were able to match Purdue's inside game with potential POY, Blake Griffin. But the Dukies' weakness is the interior and that's where the Boilermakers can make the difference. Duke recruited some "big" players this past off-season, but it will take time to develop guys like Olek Czyz and Miles Plumlee. Meanwhile, Purdue's second, third, and fourth-leading scorers are forwards and a center. They can go "big" outside with forward Robbie Hummel's perimeter shooting, or they can pound the ball in the paint with forward Nemanja Calasan and center JaJuan Johnson. Keaton Grand and E'Twuan Moore (leading scorer) lead a strong backcourt than will enjoy playing at the fast-paced tempo Duke normally has to force on their opposition. In a high-scoring affair, I look for Purdue to bounce back from their OT loss to Oklahoma with a big win and cover for the Big-10. I'm laying the points with Purdue on Tuesday. Thanks! GL! Scott.

Confirmed / paid for

Mr. IWS
12-02-2008, 05:55 PM
Larry Ness Tuesday

Larry Ness' Eastern Conf GOW (63.6% run)

Larry has not played a lot of NBA games the second half of November but he is 7-4 (63.6% ATS) with his last 11 releases (going back to 11/18), including 2-0 run with his Game of the Week plays. Join this 25-year vet as he makes his first play of the new NBA week on Tuesday with his Eastern Conf Game of the Week.

New Jersey Nets

Larry Ness' 7* Underdog Shocker: 19-6-1 run

Larry's on a 19-6-1 (76.0% ATS) run in CBB s/Nov 20. "The winning continues" tonight with two more plays in college hoops. His current run began back on Nov 20 with Larry's last Underdog Shocker, as Seton Hall (plus-8) upset USC 63-61 in Puerto Rico. Is it "deja vu all over again" with his latest Underdog Shocker, tonight?

Ohio State Buckeyes

Larry Ness' Las Vegas Insider-CBB (80% run)

Larry's on a terrific 19-6-1 (76.0%) run in college hoops since Nov 20. He and his "unmatched" contacts have surely done their part during that span, combining to go 4-1 with Larry's exclusive Las Vegas Insiders. They are "back at work" tonight with his latest CBB Insider. "It pays to be on the inside with Larry." Want in?

Illinois

Mr. IWS
12-02-2008, 06:22 PM
Dr Bob

3 Star Selection
Central Michigan (+23) over MARQUETTE
02-Dec-08 05:00 PM Pacific Time
Marquette returned their top 4 scorers from a team that I ranked 16th at the end of last season but those 4 players are being guided by new head coach Buzz Williams, who isn’t getting nearly the same results. Marquette ranks 43rd in my ratings based on this year’s games and the Golden Eagles apply to a negative 20-82-3 ATS big favorite situation that is based on their 75-89 loss to Dayton a few days ago. Central Michigan is 4-0 ATS as an underdog of 15 points or more under coach Ernie Zeigler and the Chippewas apply to a solid 117-53-2 ATS huge road underdog situation, which is a perfect 3-0 ATS when intersecting with the 20-82-3 ATS situation applying to Marquette. My ratings favor Marquette by just 22 points and using this year’s games only would favor the Golden Eagles by just 20 ½ points, so the line is more than fair. Central Michigan also gets last year’s top returning rebounder and best interior defender F Marcus Van back now that he has served his suspension. I’ll take Central Michigan in a 3-Star Best Bet at +22 points or more and for 2-Stars at +21 ½ or +21 points.
3-Stars at +22 or more, 2-Stars at +21 1/2 or +21.

2 Star Selection
Marist (+27) over MEMPHIS
02-Dec-08 05:00 PM Pacific Time
Memphis coach John Calipari has never been one to run up the score on inferior teams and his Tigers are just 10-17 ATS as a favorite of 22 points or more, which is in sharp contrast to his outstanding overall spread record of 150-116-8 ATS. Calipari is even less likely to turn up the heat against first year Marist coach Chuck Martin, who was Calipari’s assistant coach the last two seasons. You might think that Memphis would be in an angry mood following their first loss of the season to Xavier, but that game was 9 days ago and Calipari is just 22-21 ATS as a favorite off a loss at Memphis (once again, much worse than his normal spread percentage). Marist applies to a 160-74-3 ATS huge road underdog situation (that angle is 4-2 ATS against Memphis) and my ratings favor the Tigers by just 24 ½ points using this year’s games for both teams. I’ll take Marist in a 2-Star Best Bet at +25 points or more.
2-Stars at +25 or more.

2 Star Selection
PURDUE (-2) over Duke
02-Dec-08 06:00 PM Pacific Time
Duke applies to a negative 4-19-1 ATS subset of a 26-64-1 ATS road letdown situation and the Blue Devils have a history of struggling, relatively, on the road against good teams. Duke traditionally beats up on mediocre and bad teams, but the Devils are just 32-48-1 ATS on the road against a team with a win percentage of greater than .650 when not getting at least 3 points. Purdue, meanwhile, is tough to beat at home, as they are 36-2 straight up at home the last 3 seasons (compared to 16-20 SU away from home) and 21-9 ATS. The Boilermakers have performed even better when hosting other good teams, going 11-2 ATS at home when favored by 8 points or less or getting points. My ratings favor Purdue by 2 points in this game using a standard home court advantage and by 4 points based on Purdue’s additional home court advantage over the years. I’ll take Purdue in a 2-Star Best Bet at -2 points or better.
2-Stars at -2 or better.

3 Star Selection
COLORADO STATE (-4) over Nevada
02-Dec-08 06:00 PM Pacific Time
Colorado State struggled last season due to injuries to their best post players, but the Rams are thriving in the post this season, as forwards Andy Ogide and Andre McFarland are combining for 30.2 points on 60% shooting while pulling down 15.3 boards per game. Leading scorer Marcus Walker is pouring in 19.2 points per game and also leading the team in assists while playing great defense (1.4 steals per game). Colorado State is 4-1 ATS and they are still underrated. Nevada, meanwhile, is an overrated team. Wolf Pack coach Mark Fox brought in a highly touted recruiting class to try to fill the huge void left by star G Marcelus Kemp (20.0 ppg, 5.4 rpg, 3.3 apg) and JaVale McGee (14.1 ppg, 7.3 rpg, 2.8 blocks), who left early to play professionally. However, the young recruits are undisciplined in their shot selection (Nevada is shooting just 39.2% from the field) and the loss of McGee’s defense has also hurt (Nevada is allowing 46% shooting). Nevada will probably be better at the end of the season, but they are not playing well right now and their only two victories have come against bad team Montana State and Oregon State. My ratings using this year’s games only favor Colorado State by 13 points and I still get the Rams by 10 points even if I throw out their opening game 30 point win over Montana. In addition to the line value, Colorado State applies to a 42-8 ATS home bounce-back situation. I’ll take Colorado State in a 3-Star Best Bet at -6 points or less and for 2-Stars at -6 ½ or -7 points.
3-Stars at -6 or less, 2-Stars at -6 1/2 or -7.