PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ever play against someone in the pros?

Luke
12-07-2008, 03:01 PM
Just wondering if anyone ever played baseball,football or basketball against anyone that played in the pros?

I was just thinking of this since I'm watching Philly/NY and Chase Blackburn plays for them
I played against Chase Blackburn of the Giants when he was in high school . He played for Marysville who we played ever year the first game of the season. I played tight end and defensive end and he played linebacker and guard so we actually went against each other many times.

We got killed my Marysville ever year and I'm sure I got killed by him .My dad has videos of the games we played against each other I havent seen them since I played but since Chase now plays a lot for the Giants I might dig them out to see how bad he made me look back then.

RedHottG2
12-07-2008, 06:25 PM
Not me but my brother in law played against LaDainian Tomlinson (University High School here in Waco). He said he was something to contend with for sure. I did go watch him play a playoff game in HS and Tomlinson was unstoppable.

Vanquisher
12-08-2008, 12:13 AM
I havnt in those sports but I played on the same team as Kris Versteeg in novice hockey (age 7-8), he curently is the front runner in the NHL for rookie of the year. I also played many games against Devon Setoguchi of the San Jose Sharks while growing up. Also in a lesser sport, This past lacrosse season I was called up to play in a semi-pro game where the team I was playing against had over a dozen pros on the team (Lacrosse is set up weird, when the pro league finishes, the semi-pro leagues start and most of the pros play in both across Canada).

Steelcitymountaineer
12-08-2008, 01:22 AM
I played against Paul Puslezny or however you spell it in high school baseball, struck him out a few times, he actually has an older brother that plays baseball in the minors and a younger brother who i hear is destined for some pretty big things, my oldest brother also played against ty law in high school football

Mr. IWS
12-08-2008, 08:35 AM
Off the top of my head, but I tink there is a couple more im missing.

Played against:
LB Rod Coleman – went to East Carolina then Falcons/Raiders
RB Scott Hunter – was a better baseball player obviously, drafted by the Mets, played for Dodgers
OL Mark Bristol – went to a D-2 school, played a couple years with the Jets
DL Raheem Brock – Colts
QB Zeferino Albino – Pro Boxer

Played with:
RB Chafie Fields – Penn State WR, Denver
OF John Waerig – I played a few years of baseball with him from 12-14
I played football and wrestled with Pro Boxer Dave Brunelli (still a friend of mine)

Others:
My wife used to work with Frank Wycheks brother.
I played high school ball with Rich Owens brother. (DL for Miami and KC)

jokester
12-09-2008, 11:21 PM
played against mike shmidt in high school baseball !

was a tutor for jack tatum, rick galbos and morris bradshaw at ohio state-
does that count?---lol

Luke
12-10-2008, 06:24 PM
Off the top of my head, but I tink there is a couple more im missing.

Played against:
LB Rod Coleman – went to East Carolina then Falcons/Raiders
RB Scott Hunter – was a better baseball player obviously, drafted by the Mets, played for Dodgers
OL Mark Bristol – went to a D-2 school, played a couple years with the Jets
DL Raheem Brock – Colts
QB Zeferino Albino – Pro Boxer

Played with:
RB Chafie Fields – Penn State WR, Denver
OF John Waerig – I played a few years of baseball with him from 12-14
I played football and wrestled with Pro Boxer Dave Brunelli (still a friend of mine)

Others:
My wife used to work with Frank Wycheks brother.
I played high school ball with Rich Owens brother. (DL for Miami and KC)

Damn man is that all ::lmao::

. I thought playing against one pro was cool but most of you have played against several

Luke
12-10-2008, 06:26 PM
played against mike shmidt in high school baseball !

was a tutor for jack tatum, rick galbos and morris bradshaw at ohio state-
does that count?---lol

Mike Schmidt? Isnt he from the 70's?

Dang man

Cusedenny
12-12-2008, 12:51 AM
Glad I came across this thread.

I went to a real small school in upstate NY. We had to play against much larger schools in sectional and state playoffs. In my senior yr I matched up with "King Rice" who later starred at North Carolina.

I have played with and against many Syracuse Orange and other professional lacrosse players - Paul & Gary Gait, the late Tom Nims,etc. Syracuse's all-time top 3 scorers are the Powell brothers (Casey, Ryan, Michael). They attended Carthage High School, a member of my school's (General Brown High) league (Frontier). Carthage STARTED their lacrosse program during my senior yr. Im not sure when they started league play. But I have played with and against them in summer box and field leagues.

Before I moved to TX i lived in Winter Haven, FL. I lived 2 blocks from very promising boxer ANDRE BERTO. My friend sold his family the house they reside in. I was contracted to remodel the house. Andre and I have become pretty good friends over the yrs. Before I moved, I was jogging with him 3 nights a week !! If you havent seen him fight yet, pls check out some videos on youtube. He comes from a great family, and has a good head on his shoulders...which along w/a good chin, is what you need in the boxing industry !!

Mr. IWS
12-12-2008, 02:21 PM
Another guy I played football against was a guy named Deworski Odom. He sucked at football, but was a world class sprinter. he was a semi-finalist at the olympics and has a bunch of high school sprinting records.

Mr. IWS
12-12-2008, 02:36 PM
Another guy I forgot, Russell Newman. He was two years younger than me. He was on the JV team when I was a senior. He wasnt even really that good from what I remember. He walked on at Temple and got really good. He played for the Eagles.

jokester
12-13-2008, 01:51 PM
he played high school baseball in southwestern ohio(brookville ) i beleve--he was a senior when i was a freshman--(mike schmidt) 1967 if memory serves-
i was at ohio state from 1970-1973