PDA

View Full Version : 12-10-08

Mr. IWS
12-10-2008, 01:09 PM
Brandon Lang Wednesday 10 Dime TCU - In places he don't talk about, Tom Crean is probably wishing he stayed at Marquette.

He came into Indiana and inherited a team that lost 2 starters to the first round of the NBA draft and dismissed two other starters Armon Bassett and Jamarcus Ellis because of rules violations.

He told 2 other players who played significant minutes DeAndre Thomas and Brandon McGee they weren't welcomed back and then stood back and watched as both Eli Holman and Jordan Crawford transferred out.

When the dust cleared, how about being left with one scholarship player and one walk-on for his first year at Indiana and boy has it already gotten ugly.

They have struggled to a 4-4 record with the 4 wins coming against the likes of Northwestern St, Cornell, Indiana-Purdue and in Hawaii over Chaminade by 2.

In their 4 losses they have been blown out by 28 to Notre Dame, 26 to St.Joes, 25 to Wake Forest and 16 to Gonzaga.

This is a team that will struggle all year long and making them a favorite of any price I feel is just to much to ask.

As far as TCU is concerned, new coach Jim Christian comes over from Kent State, where he led them to a pair of NCAA tourney trips in 2 of his last 3 years there. To put it bluntly, this man can flat out coach.

The Horned Frogs roll in 7-3 and winners of 6 in a row after a 3-game losing streak to Clemson, Charlotte and Nebraska. They are playing well and full of confidence.

I love this small forward he has in Kevin Langford and you also can't sleep on Zvonko Buljan underneath as well.

In following Christians teams at Kent State, they are always undervalued early in the year and I have made plenty of money on them because of their team defense and toughness.

From top to bottom I really feel TCU is the better team with more talent and riding a 6 game win streak, I feel they can handle the big time atmosphere of playing at Indiana with a coach who knows how to prepare his team for the road.

This line is begging you to get down on Indiana so I will look for the Horned Frogs to step up and deliver the win in this near pickem game tonight.

Play TCU

FREE - New Mexico (See daily video for your analysis on this game)

Mr. IWS
12-10-2008, 02:54 PM
Burns

Philly
Bradley

Mr. IWS
12-10-2008, 04:27 PM
Wayne Root

Chairman- Bucks
Millionaire- Mississippi St
Insiders Circle- Utah Utes

Mr. IWS
12-10-2008, 04:51 PM
BEN BURNS

I'm taking the points with BRADLEY. I already liked Bradley to win this game and the fact that the line has climbed from its opener has given us plenty of additional line value. Yes, the Braves have three losses. However, none of them came at home and two were against the likes of Florida and Michigan State. In their most recent home game, the Braves shot 57.8 percent from the field and dominated East Tennessee State. They're now back home at Peoria Civic Center’s Carver Arena for four of their next five games. That's worth noting as the Braves have a 286-91 (.759) record at Carver Arena, including a 126-29 (.813) non-conference record. That includes a 37-5 (.881) non-conference home record under seventh-year head coach Jim Les and an impressive 32-2 (.941) mark in non-conference home games since the start of the 2003-04 season. Yes, Butler is coming off a fantastic season and is off to perfect start with a couple of wins over teams from the Missouri Valley. However, unlike their hosts, the Bulldogs haven't played any Big 10 or SEC teams, like Michigan State or Florida yet - they do have Ohio State and Xavier coming in their next three games though. Despite their perfect start, he Bulldogs have not shot the ball particularly well yet, going just 42.8 percent from the field. Thats not all that surprising given that Butler lost seven lettermen, including four of five starters from last year's team. Yes, Bradley is off a loss at Michigan State. However, that's the third straight season which they've lost to the Spartans. In each of the two previous instances, the Braves bounced back with a win against a team from the Horizon League in their next game. In 2006, after losing the Michigan State, the Braves rebounded with an 88-49 home win against Wright State and last year Bradley went on the road to knock off Wright State in overtime, 72-65. Bulter beat up on the Braves at home last year. That's no surprise though as the home team has won 15 consecutive regular-season meetings (Butler won an NIT game here) in this series. Note that Jim Les is 2-0 at home against the Bulldogs. Additionally note that the Braves are 5-1 ATS (4-2 SU) the last six times they were home underdogs of three points or less and a profitable 8-1 ATS their last nine lined games after scoring 60 points or less in their previous game. Meanwhile, despite all their success in recent seasons, the Bulldogs are still a money-burning 9-16-1 ATS the last 26 times they were road favorites of three points or less. I'll gladly take the points but I look for homecourt to be the difference once again and for the Braves to hand the Bulldogs their first loss. *Underdog GOM

Mr. IWS
12-10-2008, 06:15 PM
Dr Bob

2 Star Selection
Charlotte (+12 ½) over NEW ORLEANS
10-Dec-08 05:05 PM Pacific Time
The Bobcats have been a pretty competitive team this season, as they are 7-2 ATS as an underdog of 6 points or more and have lost just 4 of their 21 games by more than 10 points (their only road loss of more than 10 points was at Cleveland). Tonight the Bobcats apply to an 84-32-1 ATS big road underdog bounce-back situation while the Hornets apply to a negative 50-133-2 ATS big home favorite look ahead situation (they play at Boston on Friday). My ratings favor New Orleans by only 10 points after adjusting for the expected slow pace of this game and I’d favor the Hornets by 12 points with Gerald Wallace out for Charlotte. We have a more than fair line and a good situation for the big dog and I’ll take Charlotte in a 2-Star Best Bet at +12 points or more.
2-Stars at +12 or more.

COLLEGE
3 Star Selection
CREIGHTON (-6 1/2) over Dayton
10-Dec-08 05:00 PM Pacific Time
Dayton has started the season with 8 consecutive wins but the Flyers haven’t faced a team as good as Creighton (their best win is against a vastly overrated Marquette team) and they apply in a very negative 7-43-2 ATS subset of a 60-146-9 ATS situation that plays against teams on a long win streak. Creighton, meanwhile, applies to a very good 188-81-9 ATS situation that has applied to recent Best Bets winners Northwestern on Saturday and Iowa last night. My ratings favor Creighton by 7.3 points and I’ll take Creighton in a 3-Star Best Bet at -7 points or less and for 2-Stars at -7 ½ or -8 points.
3-Stars at -7 or less, 2-Stars at -7 1/2 or -8.

Mr. IWS
12-10-2008, 06:35 PM
JOE GAVAZI PPP
3* Cavs & 3* Creighton