PDA

View Full Version : 12-12-08

Mr. IWS
12-12-2008, 10:02 AM
ic

#720. Take Los Angeles Lakers -16.5 over Sacramento Kings. (Friday @ 10:35pm est)

Remember, the Lakers lost to this team recently by double-digits at Sacramento so this is a big revenge spot for them. I know the line is huge and most of the public enjoys the points as they are riding the public dog. Usually, that spells disaster for the public dog and it’s not like Sacramento doesn’t know how to lose big against teams on the road as they lost to the Jazz by 26 on the road. I just think the Kings were carried by their crowd at ARCO and won't have their support across town. I’m not the one to lay this many points usually, but with revenge, I could see a blowout here. Also note, that I don’t know if Hawes and Salmon will shoot 13/20 from the field like they did last time and Garcia will contineu to shoot 9/18 form the field. I think the Lakers will be focused more on defense as Coach Phil will undoubtedly address the 110+ points this Kings team scored on theLakers last time and likely win this game and hit the cover as well despite the big spread. Remember, the Lakers beat the Nets by 27 earlier this year as well.

timbob
12-12-2008, 01:23 PM
CTO

CONFIDENTIAL TIP-OFF BASKETBALL
Friday, Dec. 12

HOUSTON over *Golden State (NBA)...Golden has dropped 9 in a row SU and is just 4-11 last 15 against the points thru Dec. 7. Warriors held just one of their last 16 foes below 100 points and yielded 125 ppg in the last 7 games through Dec. 7. Houston, meanwhile, covered 4 of its last 5 on the road prior to visiting Memphis on Dec. 8, and Rockets are getting by without Tracy McGrady, winning 4 of first 6 SU without T-Mac. One of those wins was a 131-112 spanking of the Warriors.
HOUSTON 119 - *Golden State 105 RATING - 10

timbob
THE GOLD SHEET
NBA FORECAST

NBA KEY RELEASES
ORLANDO by 7 over Phoenix (Fri., December 12)

FRIDAY, DECEMBER 12
Atlanta 100 - MIAMI 97—After enduring a rough patch of results (no covers in 7 straight from Nov. 14-25) that loosely coincided with absence of explosive Josh Smith, Atlanta appeared to right its ship at the end of the month. And even with that mid-November slump, Hawks providing pretty good value if getting points on road (7-2 in role thru Dec. 8). But they’ll have to keep tabs on Dwyane Wade, whose early-season form as good as ever (29.8 ppg in November ties for second-best month of his career!) 07-Atl +8 82-79 (188), ATL -1' 114-111 (OT-187), AT -8' 97-94 (200), MIA +5 113-99 (187)

CLEVELAND 106 - Philadelphia 84—Philly hung tough in its three games
vs. Cleveland LY, winning once at The “Q” and covering all battles. LeBron & Co., however, have begun this season like they mean business, covering 8 of first 10 as home chalk thru Dec. 8. Teams also met Wednesday night at Wachovia Center. 08-Check 12/10 result; 07-Phi +7' 92-86 (191), CLE -4' 91-88 (192), Cle +4' 91-90 (187)

NEW JERSEY 109 - Toronto 102—Frisky New Jersey one of the real
revelations of early-season action, as Lawrence Frank making good use of young bench to energize squad. Included in this renaissance was wild 129-127 win at Air Canada Centre Nov. 21 when Vince Carter (scored 39) and Devin Harris (added 30) paced Nets. 08-Nj +8' 129-127 (OT-196); 07-Tor +3 106-69 (192), TOR -10 109-91 (191), NJ +5 99-90 (202), TOR -10' 113-85 (202)

Chicago 97 - MEMPHIS 86—Memphis in revenge mode (as it often is these
days) after 10-point loss at United Center Nov. 1. But Grizzlies are going to have to do a better job slowing Bull rookie G sensation Derrick Rose than in first meeting when the former Memphis Tiger scored 26. Cold Memphis was on 7-game SU and spread losing streak prior to win over sad-sack Clippers Dec. 5. 08-CHI -8' 96-86 (192); 07-MEM -1' 104-90 (204), CHI -11' 112-97 (208)

San Antonio 97 - MINNESOTA 89—After not having much trouble when
sweeping (SU and vs. line) Minnesota in four meetings last season, S.A. was pushed into double-OT before finally doing away with T-wolves at Target Center Nov. 5. But Spurs might want to give Tony Parker a bit more help in return match after they needed almost every one of Eva’s hubby’s career-best 55 points to avert upset. 08-San -4' 129-125 (2OT-182); 07-San -10 106-91 (192), SAN -15' 105-88 (188), San -8 100-99 (179), SAN -12 99-84 (186)

BOSTON 100 - New Orleans 87—Note that home court edge meant
something when these two tussled last season, when Boston avenged 7-point loss in New Orleans with 20-point cruise at Fleet Center. Champs picking up where they left off last season, having won 11 in a row SU thru Dec. 6. Note Hornets on 8-3-3 “under” run thru Dec. 9. 07-NO -1' 113-106 (190), BOS -7' 112-92 (197) CABLE TV—ESPN

DETROIT 90 - Indiana 85—Indiana (which already owns wins over last
season’s finalists, Celtics & Lakers) surprisingly playing its best against the
best this season. And Pacers put up a pretty good fight the last time they faced rugged Detroit, covering as 10-point dog in competitive 100-94 loss at The Palace opening night. Danny Granger proved a real thorn in Pistons’ side that night when scoring 33 in a game that was played before A.I.’s trade to Auburn Hills. “Totals” alert—Detroit on 8-1 “under” run thru Dec. 6. 08-DET -10 100-94 (188); 07-DET -9' 114-101 (198), Det -4' 98-92 (199), Det -7' 110-104 (194), DET -10 96-80 (198)

Orlando 103 - PHOENIX 96—It’s the middle of an extended 5-game
western road swing for Orlando, but note that Magic was recently on 6-game SU win streak as visitor before running into hot Boston at Fleet Center Dec. 1. Phoenix scuffling a bit lately (3-11 vs. line last 14 thru Dec. 8) with Shaq and Steve Nash in and out of lineup, but their expected return to action ought to bolster Suns’ hopes. Note that Phoenix won both meetings vs. Magic LY, although Suns couldn’t quite cover as 5½-point chalk in America West Arena clash. 07-Pho -1 106-96 (209), PHO -5' 110-106 (215)

PORTLAND 94 - LA Clippers 80—One of the strongest early-season “totals”
trends has been Portland’s recent string of “unders” (8 straight thru Dec. 6). And ascending Blazers were on 6-game SU win streak thru Dec. 4 before honorable loss at champion Celtics. Clips have been showing some signs of improvement since acquiring frontliner Zach Randolph via trade in late November. Randolph was scoring at a 25.3 ppg clip his first three as a Clipper, although the absence of injured C Chris Kaman has forced Randolph and Marcus Camby to log heavier minutes in post than HC Mike Dunleavy would like. 07-Port +2 82-80 (183), PORT -12 107-102 (192), Port -7' 83-72 (189)

LA LAKERS 119 - Sacramento 103—Hot Lakers on many streaks early in
the season, including recent “over” skein (6-1 “over” last 7 thru Dec. 5). That “over” run began with 118-108 shootout win over Sacto at Staples Center Nov.23. L.A. couldn’t quite shake 16½-point dog Kings that night despite Sacto being minus injured high scorer Kevin Martin, with Kings hitting 54% from floor. Teams also met three nights ago at Arco Arena. 08-LA -16' 118-108 (209), check 12/9 result; 07-La -5' 117-105 (222), Sac +13 114-113 (222), La -9' 114-92 (222), LA -17' 124-101 (217)

Houston 118 - GOLDEN ST. 106—Don Nelson’s frustrations boiled over in
Golden State’s 131-112 loss at Houston Dec. 5, as enraged Nellie was tossed from proceedings. That’s understandable, considering Warriors’ recent meltdown (G.S. had lost 9 in a row SU thru Dec. 7). Nellie’s bunch was actually hanging into the 4th Q of that battle at Toyota Center, but then watched Rockets close game on 30-11 run to win comfortably. Yao Ming’s presence obviously a further concern for G.S. after he scored 33 in that Houston win. Note Rocketmen “over” 7-1 last 8 thru Dec. 7. 08-HOU -8' 131-112 (210); 07-GS +2 113-94 (208), Gs +3' 112-95 (201), HOU
-3' 111-107 (205), Hou +4 109-106 (208) TV—ESPN

timbob
THE GOLD SHEET

COLLEGE HOOPS
FRIDAY, DECEMBER 12

MIAMI-FLORIDA 82 - Florida Intl. 51—With FIU’s top two players 6-6 F Alex Galindo and 7-0 C Russell Hicks probably still sidelined with injuries, must lay the lumber with ascending, veteran Miami-Florida, led by pure-shooting G Jack McClinton (16 ppg; 43% from arc). And with Hurricane HC Fran Haith praising improved post play of 6-8 jr. F Dwayne Collins (12 pg, 9 rpg) and 6-8 sr. Jimmy Graham (6 rpg), deeper Miami equipped to destroy shorthanded Panthers. Happenin’ host has covered last 3 as DD chalk. 07-Mia -11' 67-53

Iowa St. 65 - IOWA 66—Youthful Iowa (start 3 true frosh!) has
displayed rapid maturity in early going for astute 2nd-year HC Todd Lickliter, but still looking to take several hoops with 6-1 ISU (prior to Drake Dec. 9). ISU’s productive 6-10 soph C Craig Brackins (16 ppg) poses matchup problems for Goriented Hawkeyes, while emerging, sharp-shooting 6-5 soph Lucca Staiger (native German scored 14 pts. vs. Ore. St.) and 6-4 soph G Diante Garrett (11 pg, 44% from arc) keep Iowa defense from sagging. 07-ISU -2' 56-47

ARKANSAS-L.R. 62 - Wright St. 45—Even in a best-case scenario, no one
would mistake Wright State’s firepower for Duke’s. But Raiders really on short rations offensively at moment with star G Duggins out until New Year’s with finger injury and backcourt mate T. Brown laboring at about 20% from floor, all helping contribute to WSU’s sickly 0-6 break from gate. Situation much better at UALR, as experienced Trojans confirming Sun Belt contender status with quick start featuring unexpected contributions from 6-0 soph G Mouzy (teambest 14 ppg). 07-DNP

timbob
12-12-2008, 01:24 PM
Pointwise Basketball

NBA Selections
Key Releases
1--Miami over Atlanta (12/12) 107-87
2--Portland over LA Clipers (12/12) 108-92

Best of the Rest
12/12--New Jersey

NCAA Key Releases
none

Best of the Rest
12/12--Iowa

timbob
Dave Cokin

(717) LOS ANGELES CLIPPERS
(718) PORTLAND TRAILBLAZERS

Take "(718) PORTLAND TRAILBLAZERS"
The Blazers are out of high altitude and without rest as they travel from Salt Lake back home to host the Clippers. That is a negative scenario, but it's offset by the fact the Blazers have now lost two straight and are going to feel a sense of urgency to avoid having this turn into a slump. Portland got done in at Utah by some very poor outside shooting, but should find a path to the basket easier against the far less resistant Clippers. I'll spot the points and back the Blazers.

timbob
Jim Feist

(715) ORLANDO MAGIC
(716) PHOENIX SUNS

Take "(716) PHOENIX SUNS"
Phoenix didn't play that badly the last game, losing at the Los Angeles Lakers in a close one despite being short-handed. For this game, they get Jason Richardson and Jared Dudley, acquired in a trade this week. Plus Phoenix also was without former Lakers star Shaquille O'Neal was in New Jersey for funeral services and hopes to return in time to play Friday night against Orlando. O'Neal scored 35 points Tuesday night -- his most in nearly three years -- in a 125-110 victory over Milwaukee. 3rd straight road game for Orlando, a team a long way from home, as well as their 6th road game over the last 9 contests. A cheap price on the new-look home team. Play the Suns.

timbob
12-12-2008, 01:27 PM
IC Research

RESEARCH REPORT:

Yesterday’s Recap:

Boston blows out Washington on the road to get revenge as Washington had swept Boston last year in 3 games so obviously Boston came back fired up and won big here. Washington is pending Mike James joining this team as well. That game goes well over as Boston decided to take all of their frustration out. The Blazers fail to get revenge against the Spurs as the game dips under and the Bobcats do cover in their style of game against Dallas the game dips under as well.

Your Latest NBA News:

Cuttino Mobley will retire effective immediately due to heart defect. Mobley plays for the Knicks.

Bell and Diaw will make Bobcat debut on Saturday.

Artest will be out two games for Rockets and McGrady returns to practice.

OKC Thunder’s Wilcox dislocates his finger and could be out for up to two weeks.

Monte Ellis is back working out with the Warriors.

The Nets get the OK for their construction of new facility.

*source: nba.com

Philadelphia vs. Cleveland

There are some injuries to note here. Iglauskas is doubtful for this game and Gibson is Out. Now, having said that, Cleveland is the best ATS cover team in the league. Cleveland covered on the road with the -6.5 against Philly just the other game as these two teams have their home and home. Typically you favor the team that just lost the ATS cover in the home and home with the revenge angle. Thus, a lean on Philly and the over. The lines have yet to be released overnight for this game.

Atlanta vs. Miami

Miami is the small favorite here as the Heat are solid this year behind Wade, dynamic rookie Michael Beasley, Marion and Haslem to name a few. The Heat beat Atlanta back on April of last year 113-99. Atlanta comes off some frustrating losses on the road to San Antonio, Houston and Dallas but they did cover 2 of the 3 in the big Texas road swing. The Heat have played great over their last four games including winning at GS, at Utah, OKC and Charlotte – two teams they beat at home and failed to cover. I know the Heat have been playing great, but I can just as well see the Hawks pulling this game out avoiding their fourth straight loss. The Hawks have played four straight unders while the Heat have palyed 4 of 5 overs.

Toronto vs. New Jersey

These two teams are no fans of each other. Remember, NJ beat the Raptors on the road with Devin Harris in their last game. The Nets have simply been playing great basketball and frankly, as long as Devin Harris stays healthy, this team is a serious contender. New Jersey beat this team in OT in their last game by a final score of 129-127 and Toronto comes off a big win over Indiana. Toronto had lost five straight coming into that game. NJ comes off a tough loss to NY at home so they look to bounce-back here. I actually lean on the Nets here on the bounce-back, but how do you go against a Raptors team with revenge here as they come off a little confidence boost with a win at home?

New Orleans vs. Boston

NO goes on the road to play a Celtics team that just comes off a blowout win. NO has not done well against the better teams in the league losing to the likes of Portland and at Houston, but has covered 5 of their last 6 including beating Denver on the road and coming off a big thumping against Charlotte. Boston beat this team by 20 last year with a similar spread at home. Boston has been a solid cover at home of late winning big against Portland, Orlando, Indiana and Philly. I lean on the Celtics here to get it done here at home but NO has shown some bite on the road of late winning at Denver for example – but they did lose by 20 on this floor last time so I’m sure that memory has not left them this year.

San Antonio vs. Minnesota

I hate the -7 line for the better team. There was a similar line with the Bucks on the road at the Suns and I was burned. The line means nothing if you play dogs typically. After all, you can like the dog, they can be competitive the whole way through and be down by 3-4 points only to lose by 8-10 points due to the free throws in the end. San Antonio is on a roll with Manu and Tony Parker back. They beat this team in OT earlier this year in Minny without Manu or Tony and now will play them with both of these fellas. Minny remember is led by Coach M who has come down from the front office to coach this team and they have covered back to back games consequently. Minny has played 4 of 5 unders and I can see them being an active dog here but typically when Minny is an active dog, their respective games go under.

Orlando vs. Phoenix

Richardson and O’Neal are both listed as questionable for this game. Orlando has covered back to back games winning at LAC and at Portland in a revenge game. Phoenix covered against the Lakers in their last game and also has covered against Milwaukee in their latest home game. I actually lean on Orlando here given that they have a nice core and lost to this team by a few points at this time last year. With or Without Richardson/O’Neal, I still lean on the Magic here as anyone new to the mix usually takes some time to adjust and without these guys, I lean on the Magic as well as they likely have the better team on the floor – but the Suns do come off a loss at L.A.

Houston vs. Golden State

Monte Ellis will be eligible for this team on December 19th. Note that the GS has looked good defeating the Bucks at home and the Thunder on the road. The Rockets struggled last time on the highway against Memphis but did rebound against the Hawks at home. The Rockets have McGrady as questionable for this game and Artest miss this game. Given that Tracy is questionable, it is tough to make a judgement on this play. Therefore, I am staying away as it should be a great game either way.

Florida International vs. Miami of Florida (25)

Florida International lost by 35 to UCLA on the road and 23 to Washington on the road as well. Miami of Florida comes off a big win at Kentucky where they were 3.5 dogs and easily got it done over the Wildcats and beat Stetson by 14 at home. Frankly, it is tough to lay such a big number here but I wouldn’t be surprised to see Miami of Florida cover it, but they do come off a big win so I’m not sure how much they will get up for this game.

Wright State vs. Arkansas-Little Rock

Wright State is 0-6 and 1-5 ATS while Arkansas Little Rock is 6-1 and 2-4 ATS. These two teams have not met recently but Wright State did come off their first win over Toledo by 15. Wright State by no means is known for their offense as they scored 37 points against Miami of Ohio but did win against Toledo 50-35. Arkansas Little-Rock is good folks, they won at Pepperdine, won at Oral Roberts and won at Cal-Po. I can see them winning this game big as Wright State once again is not known for their offense having scored 65 as their highest output on the road within regulation.

Georgia Southern vs. Drake

Drake comes off a huge win at Iowa State giving the Cyclones just their second loss of the year. After covering their first game of the year, the Eagles have failed to cover in their last four. Drake has played solid at home including defeating NM on neutral ground and as mentioned defeating Iowa State on the road and GS hasn’t looked overly impressive losing by 43 to Duke and 17 to UTEP on the road. I lean on the points regardless, but Drake is playing great basketball right now.

#720. Take Los Angeles Lakers -16.5 over Sacramento Kings. (Friday @ 10:35pm est)

Remember, the Lakers lost to this team recently by double-digits at Sacramento so this is a big revenge spot for them. I know the line is huge and most of the public enjoys the points as they are riding the public dog. Usually, that spells disaster for the public dog and it’s not like Sacramento doesn’t know how to lose big against teams on the road as they lost to the Jazz by 26 on the road. I just think the Kings were carried by their crowd at ARCO and won't have their support across town. I’m not the one to lay this many points usually, but with revenge, I could see a blowout here. Also note, that I don’t know if Hawes and Salmon will shoot 13/20 from the field like they did last time and Garcia will contineu to shoot 9/18 form the field. I think the Lakers will be focused more on defense as Coach Phil will undoubtedly address the 110+ points this Kings team scored on theLakers last time and likely win this game and hit the cover as well despite the big spread. Remember, the Lakers beat the Nets by 27 earlier this year as well.

timbob
DCI Hockey Predictions:

Season: 143-95 (.601)

NEW JERSEY 3, N.Y. Rangers 2
WASHINGTON 3, Ottawa 2
BUFFALO 4, Toronto 3
Boston 4, ATLANTA 3
Detroit vs. DALLAS: TOO CLOSE TO CALL
Chicago vs. COLORADO: TOO CLOSE TO CALL
CALGARY 3, Florida 2

timbob
Computer Crushers Guaranteed Selections
Date: Friday, December 12, 2008
$25.00 Guaranteed: We are now currently on a 13-2 run with all of our guaranteed selections! Today we have isolated what we feel is our STRONGEST COLLEGE HOOPS SELECTION SO FAR THIS YEAR! You can get our 8000* COLLEGE HOOPS CRUSHER PLAY OF THE MONTH today for just $25 and you must be a winner or you will not be charged!

DO NOT MISS ANOTHER MEGA WINNER! LAST YEAR 47-24 IN COLLEGE HOOPS! 12/12/2008

8000* COLLEGE HOOPS CRUSHER PLAY OF THE MONTH
724 Miami Florida -24 7:30 EST

timbob
12-12-2008, 01:28 PM
SPORTS ADVISORS

Cleveland (19-3, 18-4 ATS) at Philadelphia (9-13, 8-14 ATS)

Two nights after running their winning streak to 10 in a row with a victory at Philadelphia, the Cavaliers get another shot at the slumping 76ers, this time at Quicken Loans Arena.

Cleveland continued its best start in franchise history with Wednesday’s 101-93 victory over the Sixers as a 6½-point road favorite. Although the Cavs won – and covered – for the 10th straight game, they snapped a string of nine consecutive victories by 12 points or more, which was an NBA record. Still, the average margin of victory during Cleveland’s 10-game winning streak remains 20.2 points per game, and 15 of the team’s 19 wins have been by double digits.

Despite the presence of LeBron James, who is second in the league in scoring at nearly 27 ppg, Cleveland has been doing its damage on the defensive end, holding 18 of 21 opponents to less than 100 points and giving up an average of just 83.5 ppg in its last six.

While the Cavaliers have been rolling all season, Philadelphia has failed to live up to preseason expectations and comes into this game in a 2-6 SU and ATS funk, however both wins and covers were outright upsets in their most recent games on the road. The Sixers have scored 96 points or fewer in 15 of 22 games this year, including being held under 90 points nine times.

Cleveland has now won seven of the last nine meetings against the 76ers, going 2-0 ATS in the last two after failing to cover in the previous three. The road team has won six of the last seven series clashes, going 6-1 ATS. Also, the underdog is 6-1 ATS in the last seven meetings, including four outright upsets.

The Cavs are on a slew of positive pointspread streaks, including 23-4 overall, 16-5 at home, 21-5 against the Eastern Conference, 18-4 versus the Atlantic Division, 9-0 against teams with a losing record and 14-3 when playing on one day of rest. Philly is 4-1 ATS in their last five games on Friday, but 7-17 ATS in its last 24 against the Eastern Conference.

The over is 10-3 in the last 13 meetings between these teams overall and 10-4 in the last 14 series clashes in Cleveland. However, Cleveland currently is on under streaks of 6-2 overall, 4-1 at home, 11-6 against the Atlantic Division ad 7-2 on Fridays. Also, the under for the Sixers is on stretches of 6-0 on Fridays, 6-1-1 when playing on one day of rest, 10-3-2 versus the East and 8-4-1 against the Central Division.

ATS ADVANTAGE: CLEVELAND

New Orleans (12-6, 8-9-1 ATS) at Boston (21-2, 13-10 ATS)

The Hornets are the latest team attempting to cool off the scalding Celtics when they head to TD Banknorth Garden for a battle with the defending champs.

Boston returns home after last night’s 122-88 win at Washington as a 10-point favorite, its 13th consecutive victory and its 21st win in its first 23 games. The Celtics have scored at least 102 points in nine of their 13 victories during their winning streak, and they’re 9-3 ATS in their last 12 overall, including 6-1 ATS at home.

New Orleans has won three in a row (3-0 ATS) and seven of its last eight (6-2 ATS) and comes into Boston off Wednesday’s 105-89 rout of Charlotte as a 15-point home favorite. During their 7-1 run, the Hornets have posted six double-digit victories, winning the last three (all at home) by an average of 16 points per game.

These squads split their season series last year, with New Orleans prevailing 113-106 as a 1½-point home favorite and the Celtics rolling 112-92 as a seven-point home chalk. The Hornets have followed up an 0-4 SU and ATS slump against Boston by going 3-1 SU and ATS in the last four meetings. Also, the SU winner has covered the spread in each of the last 10 clashes, and the favorite is 4-1 ATS in the last four.

The Hornets are on ATS streaks of 9-3-1 against the Atlantic Division and 11-5-2 versus the Eastern Conference, but they’re 1-4 ATS in their last five games on Friday. Meanwhile, Boston is riding a bevy of pointspread streaks, including 6-1 at home, 8-1 against the Southwest Division, 37-18 against the Western Conference, 14-3 against teams with a winning record and 30-14-1 when playing on back-to-back nights (but 2-4 ATS this year in back-to-back spots).

The over is on runs of 4-1 for New Orleans overall, 11-5-1 for New Orleans against the East, 5-0 for New Orleans against the Atlantic Division, 6-2 for the Celtics overall and 10-3 for the C’s against the Southwest Division. Conversely, the under is on runs of 6-0 for the Hornets on Friday, 4-1 for the Hornets on the road, 6-1 for the Celtics on Friday and 6-1 for the Celtics when playing on back-to-back nights. Also, the under is 8-2 over the last decade when these teams meet in Boston.

ATS ADVANTAGE: BOSTON

Orlando (17-5, 12-9-1 ATS) at Phoenix (13-10, 10-13 ATS)

The Magic will try to extend a current four-game winning streak and halt a five-game losing skid to the Suns and when they continue a lengthy Western Conference road trip at the US Airways Center in the desert.

Orlando is coming off Tuesday’s thrilling, last-second 109-108 win at Portland as a five-point underdog. Hedo Turkoglu banked in a three-pointer at the buzzer as the Magic, who trailed by eight points late in the game, won their fourth straight overall and their eighth in the last nine games. During this run, Orlando is 4-1 SU and ATS on the road, and for the season, Stan Van Gundy’s squad is 8-2 away from the Magic Kingdom (6-3-1 ATS).

Hours after completing a trade that sent veterans Raja Bell and Boris Diaw to Charlotte for scorer Jason Richardson, the Suns took the court Thursday at Los Angeles and played the Lakers tough before succumbing 115-110, easily cashing as a 14-point underdog. Phoenix is just 2-5 SU in its last seven games, but it has followed up an 0-5 ATS slump with back-to-back spread covers. Terry Porter’s team continues to struggle on the defensive end of the court, allowing 102 points or more in eight straight games.

The Suns have won five straight against Orlando, but the Magic are 3-2 ATS and they’ve cashed in five of the last seven meetings, including three straight covers in Phoenix. In fact, the visitor 5-0 ATS in the last five series clashes, and the underdog is 6-1 ATS in the last seven.

In addition to its current ATS runs of 6-2 overall and 4-1 on the road, the Magic are 5-1-1 ATS in their last seven games when coming off two days’ rest and 4-1 ATS in their last five versus the Pacific Division. However, Orlando is 4-9-1 ATS in its last 14 on Friday. Meanwhile, Phoenix carries nothing but negative pointspread streaks, including 2-7 when playing on one day of rest, 1-5 after a spread-cover, 0-5 on Fridays and 0-4 after a SU defeat.

For the Magic, the under is on runs of 16-6 on the road, 7-2 against winning teams, 27-12 after a SU win, 7-0 when playing on two days’ rest, 5-1 when playing on Friday and 4-1 versus the Pacific Division. On the flip side, the Suns are riding “over” stretches of 8-0 overall, 4-0 at home, 13-3 against the Southeast Division and 35-17 against the Eastern Conference.

Finally, the over is 7-2 in the last nine Suns-Magic battles, including 4-0 in the last four clashes at US Airways Center.

ATS ADVANTAGE: ORLANDO and OVER

COLLEGE BASKETBALL

Iowa State (6-2, 3-4 ATS) at Iowa (8-2, 4-1 ATS)

Iowa looks to remain unbeaten at home and continue the host’s dominance in this rivalry when it welcomes Iowa State to Carver-Hawkeye Arena in Iowa City.

The Hawkeyes improved to 6-0 in their building with Tuesday’s 65-46 rout of Northern Iowa, cashing as an 8½-point chalk for its third consecutive spread-cover. Iowa has been doing it with defense this season, holding seven of its 10 opponents to 57 points or fewer. The only time the Hawkeyes, who are giving up 55 points per game on the season, surrendered more than 67 points was in an 87-68 neutral-site loss to West Virginia on Nov. 28.

The Cyclones had a three-game winning streak halted in Tuesday’s 66-63 home loss to Drake as a four-point favorite. Like the Hawkeyes, Iowa State has been strong on the defensive end of the court, allowing 59.4 ppg, with no opponent scoring more than 66 points.

The home team has won five straight meetings in this rivalry, going 4-1 ATS. Last year, Iowa State prevailed 56-47 as a one-point home underdog, and the Cyclones are 4-1 ATS in the last five meetings (1-1 ATS in Iowa City). Also, the underdog is 5-2 ATS in the last seven series clashes, with four outright upsets.

Iowa State is on ATS streaks of 8-2-1 against the Big Ten, 4-1 after a non-cover and 5-2 against teams with a winning record, but the Cyclones have failed to cover in five of their last seven true road games. The Hawkeyes are on ATS surges of 4-1 overall (all in non-conference play) and 6-2 after a victory, but they’re 1-5 ATS in their last six at home and 0-4 ATS in their last four on Friday.

The over is 9-3-1 in Iowa State’s last 13 road games, but otherwise the under is on stretches of 7-3 for the Cyclones on Friday, 5-1 for Iowa overall, 5-1 for Iowa at home and 6-1 for Iowa against Big 12 foes. Lastly, the under is 3-1 in the last four series meetings.

ATS ADVANTAGE: UNDER

timbob
12-12-2008, 01:29 PM
Tom Stryker's NBA Conference Game of the Month - 44-14 ATS Angle!

#709 SAN ANTONIO (-) over Minnesota at 8:05 PM EST

timbob
12-12-2008, 01:31 PM
Handicapper: Matt ***** Sports
Sport: NBA Basketball
Game: New Orleans Hornets @ Boston Celtics - Friday December 12, 2008 8:00 pm
Pick: 3 units ATS: Boston Celtics -6.5 (-110)

Boston just keeps rolling along and it is out proving that is was not a one-hit wonder last season. The Celtics are coming off a blowout win in Washington last night and that was with a pretty big marquee game on tap for tonight so it is obvious the Celtics are doing the right thing and focusing one game at a time. In comes a tough opponent tonight but the Celtics have had little trouble dealing with the elite teams as they are 5-1 ATS against teams that are outscoring opponents by three of more ppg.

New Orleans got off to a very slow start this season as it went 5-5 through its first 10 games but it has since won three straight games and seven of its last eight dating back to mid-November. That streak looks nice but the Hornets have played no one for the most part as five of those wins came against Oklahoma City (twice), Los Angeles Clippers, Memphis and Charlotte while another came against Phoenix who was without Steve Nash. New Orleans is just 3-3 against the league’s top ten teams.

Conversely, the Celtics are 4-1 against the top ten with the lone setback coming against Denver and the Nuggets are proving they are a force to be reckoned with. The home team won both meetings in this series last season with the Celtics victorious by 20 points at home with both teams being at full strength. Boston outrebounded the Hornets 40-29 and outscored them in the paint 56-30. In the game in New Orleans, the Celtics won that rebounding battle as well 44-29 but 20 turnover did them in.

That rebounding advantage was big and it will be big again as Boston falls into a great situation based on the rebounding advantage. Play on home favorites of 3.5 to 9.5 points that are outrebounding opponents by three or more per game after three straight games outrebounding opponent by five or more. This situation is 84-45 ATS (65.1 percent) since 1996 including a solid 26-8 ATS (76.5 percent) over the last five seasons. Boston does not let up and continues its torrid dominating run. 3* Boston Celtics

Mr. IWS
12-12-2008, 02:37 PM
Lenny Del Genio | CBB Sides
triple-dime bet728 Ark.-Little Rock -9.0 (-110) BetUS vs 727 Wright St
Analysis:
Play on Arkansas Little Rock at 8:00 ET....

Arkansas Little Rock is our 15* College Hoops Game of the Week.

Mr. IWS
12-12-2008, 02:38 PM
Thank You for ordering from Pro Sports Plays
Friday Plays

10* Take Drake (-12) over Georgia Southern (NCAA Top Play)

Georgia Southern has lost 8 of the last 9 games against the spread as a road underdog and they have also lost 3 consecutive games against the spread when playing with five or six days of rest.
--------------------------------------------------------------------
5* Play Indiana (+7) over Detroit (NBA Bonus Play)
5* Take Iowa (-8.5) over Iowa State (NCAA Bonus Play)

Mr. IWS
BeatYourBookie.com
Daily Premium Hoops & Hockey Winners for Friday
NBA Basketball

100* Play LA Lakers (-16.5) over Sacramento (NBA)

LA Lakers are 23-9 vs. Sacramento at home since 1996
LA Lakers are 21-1 as a home favorite of 15.5 to 18 points
LA Lakers are averaging over 109 ppg at home this season
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
NCAA Basketball

100* Play Wright State (+8.5) over Arkansas-LR (NCAA)

Arkansas-Little Rock is 1-4 ATS over the last 5 games
Arkansas-Little Rock is 1-9 ATS off a win by 3 points or less

Bonus Hoops & Hockey Plays

50* Play Calgary (-200) over Florida (NHL)
50* Play Iowa (-8.5) over Iowa State (NCAA)

Mr. IWS
Thank you for ordering from WinningAngle.com your one source for sports information on the web.
Winning Angle NBA & NHL for Friday

NBA
Play Portland (-9.5) over LA Clippers* (Top NBA Play)

NCAA Hoops
Play Wright State (+8.5) over Ark-Little Rock* (Top NCAA Play)
Play Miami (-24) over Florida International* (Bonus Play)

NHL
Play Boston (-165) over Atlanta* (Top NHL Play)

Mr. IWS
Andrew Powers Guaranteed Selections
$25.00 Guaranteed: We are currently on a 281-140 since joining this web site with all of our GUARANTEED SELECTIONS! Today we are featuring a RED HOT NBA WINNER! You can take advanatge of our LATE STEAM NBA POWER PLAY WINNER for just $25 and you will be a WINNER or there will be no charge! We were 32-10 on this site last year in the NBA. Please note we started on this site in February of 2008. 30-14 RUN!! 12/12/2008
LATE STEAM NBA POWER PLAY WINNER
709 San Antonio -8 8:05 EST

Mr. IWS
Computer Crushers Guaranteed Selections
$25.00 Guaranteed: We are now currently on a 13-2 run with all of our guaranteed selections! Today we have isolated what we feel is our STRONGEST COLLEGE HOOPS SELECTION SO FAR THIS YEAR! You can get our 8000* COLLEGE HOOPS CRUSHER PLAY OF THE MONTH today for just $25 and you must be a winner or you will not be charged! DO NOT MISS ANOTHER MEGA WINNER! LAST YEAR 47-24 IN COLLEGE HOOPS! 12/12/2008
8000* COLLEGE HOOPS CRUSHER PLAY OF THE MONTH
724 Miami Florida -24 7:30 EST

Mr. IWS
12-12-2008, 02:39 PM
Lenny Del Genio's NBA Trifecta of the Week:
Lenny Del Genio | NBA Sides double-dime bet702 MIA -3.0 (-110) BetUS vs 701 ATL
Analysis:
Play on Miami at 7:35 ET.

Lenny Del Genio | NBA Sides
double-dime bet712 BOS -7.0 (-110) BetUS vs 711 NOH
Analysis:
Play on Boston at 8:05 ET. Boston is our TV Game of the Week.

Lenny Del Genio | NBA Sides
double-dime bet713 IND 7.0 (-110) BetUS vs 714 DET
Analysis:
Play on Indiana at 8:05 ET. Indiana is our Central Game of the Month.

Mr. IWS
12-12-2008, 02:39 PM
Balfe

NBA Basketball
Timberwolves +8 over Spurs

NCAA Basketball
Iowa -8 over Iowa State

Mr. IWS
12-12-2008, 04:03 PM
RON RAYMOND’S 5* NBA BEST BET WINNER
Pick # 1 Chicago Bulls / Memphis Grizzlies Over 199 -110

Mr. IWS
12-12-2008, 04:03 PM
Bob Akmens

Nba

10* Miami -2.5

Nhl

10* Detroit -165

Mr. IWS
12-12-2008, 05:53 PM
Seabass
Seabass:

NBA
20* TOR
20* NO
50* Port/LAC over

NCAAB
20* Ark Little Rock
20* Iowa St

Mr. IWS
12-12-2008, 05:53 PM
sports firn
NBA: Atlanta Hawks at Miami Heat - Over 194
Handicapper: CONSENSUS CLUB
Note: N/A

NBA: Philadelphia 76ers at Cleveland Cavaliers - Cavaliers -10

NBA: San Antonio Spurs at Memphis Grizzlies - Under 192

NBA: New Orleans Hornets at Boston Celtics - Over 189

Mr. IWS
12-12-2008, 05:54 PM
BILLY COLEMAN

4* Detroit -7
4* LAC/Port UNDER 188
3* Atlanta +2.5

Mr. IWS
Stan Sharp NBA

Philadelphia +11 -110

Double Dime

Mr. IWS
ATS Lock Club
5 Spurs -7
4 Magic +1.5
3 Heat -2.5

ATS Financial Package
4 Nets -2.5
3 Over 188.5 Boston/N.O.

Mr. IWS
12-12-2008, 05:55 PM
Special K

December 12, 2008

Here Are The Picks you have Purchased:

COLLEGE BASKETBALL 20* SUPER K:
724 20* SUPER K - Miami Florida Hurricanes (CBB)

Mr. IWS
12-12-2008, 06:04 PM
northcoast

Marquee James Msdison

Mr. IWS
12-12-2008, 06:27 PM
indiancowboy

We had a rough day yesterday and my apologies for it. I stayed up through the night and reworked my math formulas as I believe I focused far too much on public percentages. Consequently, the research and write-ups you will notice will be and are different. I have consequently adjusted my spreadsheets to reflect that. We will bounce-back like we always do and we will do it steadily over the course of the next few days and in particular I'm looking forward to the NFL on Sunday and I'm resaerching all of the bowl games right now. You have been sent all NFL Selections for the week on Thursday. You will get all bowl selections through the Championship on December 18th for your convenience.

(POD) Take LA. Clippers +9.5 over Portland Trail Blazers (Friday @ 10pm est). I understand that Portland comes off a tough loss at Utah, but this is a lot of points here for the Clippers. Portland has beat this team the last three times they have faced them – all three of those games were last year and they covered two of those three games. Portland has missed their last five covers while the Clippers come off a tough loss to the Magic at home. The Clippers have not lost back to back covers over the last seven games. What has changed for the Clippers? How about Z. Randolph and Baron Davis being a great tandem. With Randolph, Davis, Camby, Thornton and Gordon, this team has a sound group. They covered at Houston, Dallas and Minnesota and I think they have a great shot at covering today. Remember, Portland even when they win have not been blowing teams out and are not the type of team to put up over a 100 points as they have done it just twice over the last seven games. We will know early if the Clippers are going to lay down this game, but they do have veteran play and size and do come off a tough loss, so I like them to do well here. The Clippers are 5-1 ATS in their last 6 as Underdogs and the road team is 4-1 ATS in the last five games between these two teams.

Take Over 200 between Indiana Pacers @ Detroit Pistons (Friday @ 8pm est). Both these teams come off frustrating losses. The total is set at an even 200. Detroit beat this team 100-94 earlier at home this year as Indiana covered that game and it went over the posted total at 188. Something interesting about Indiana is that when they cover games they usually go over. Such is the case for the last 4 of 5 games as when they cover on the road, games usually have a tendency to go over. Now, will they cover here? I'm not sure. But, they have every incentive to cover given that they come off a loss at Toronto where they only put up 88 points. Combine that with the fact that the Pistons come off 3 very tough road losses to the likes of Washington, NY and Philly at home, this team is reeling for a big win. Therefore, both teams have the incentive to force this game over. Either, Indiana by an active dog or Detroit by a blowout win. Notice that the first time these two teams met, the total was set at 188 and this team it is set at 200 and it is no accident for the 12 point jump. The over is 5-1 for the Pistons when facing teams with a wining % of less than .400 and the over is 5-1 for the Pacers when they are dogs by 5 to 9.5 points.

Take Over 201.5 Chicago Bulls @ Memphis Grizzlies (Friday @ 8pm est). Memphis has won back to back games including defeating the Rockets at home and coming back to beat OKC on the road. If you notice both of those games, their young guns were shooting the ball very well and it is obvious that their offense has taken a new spring especially when they blewout a defensive team such as the Rockets. The Bulls come off wins against NY and Washington at home but did struggle against the Bucks on the road. They did however win against Philly, Utah and GS on the road outright. I can see this side going either way as Chicago remembers their last road contest which was a loss as they have been exchanging road wins and road losses of late. Chicago beat this team 96-86 back in early November so this is revenge game for Memphis hence this explains why the line is so low. I can see Memphis winning this game outright, hence, the short lay. Consequently, with an active small dog, let's roll with the over. I believe Memphis will shoot for about 105-115 here considering they were able to put up similar numbers against Houston and look for Chicago to be active as they lost their last road contest. The over is 7-1 for the Bulls when they are small favorites of late and the over is 7-1 for the impoved Grizzly offense of late as well.

Take Iowa State +8.5 over Iowa (Friday @ 8:05pm est.) Iowa State is 6-2 and Iowa is 8-2. These two teams have gone back and forth consistently over the last few years with Iowa State winning last time 56-47 at home. Iowa State comes off a tough loss to Drake at home as a -4 point chalk and Iowa comes off a big win over Northern Iowa at home easily covering the spread. Sure, it would be great taking Iowa here at home with revenge from last year, but with Iowa State coming off the home loss to Drake, I would not be surprised if they are more focused for this game and who knows, maybe they were looking ahead to this game all along and that was part of the reason why they lost at home to Drake. The total will be very low in this game indicating that it will be great to take the 8.5 points on a game that is expected to be low scoring. Tack on the fact that the Cyclones have covered this contest the last four years and Iowa State coming off a home loss, I like their focus here for this game. The Cyclones are 8-2-1 ATS in their last 11 games against the Big 10, the underdog is 5-2 ATS in the last 7 contests and Iowa State is 4-1 ATS coming off a straight up loss.

Mr. IWS
12-12-2008, 06:29 PM
David M@linsky NBA

4* #712 BOSTON over NEW ORLEANS

NBA tickets do not come much easier than the 4* that we cashed behind these Celtics last night in a message victory at Washington, and while we can not expect this one to break open in that same fashion, we have a solid value here to back a team playing at a special level right now, and with a special focus. Since being upset at home vs. Detroit a month ago the Celtics have defended this court tenaciously in a 7-0 SU and 6-1 ATS run, and last night had an almost prefect tune-up to prepare for this challenge ? Doc Rivers was able to get 97 minutes from his bench players. And that creates the ability to throw a punch that the Hornets may not be able to stand up to. New Orleans will be playing on the road for the first time in two weeks, and over the last nine days that Hornets have only have home games vs. Charlotte and Memphis. That not only creates a level of rust, but it also means that they are not schooled against this class of competition at all, and that has been a season-long problem ? their schedule rates as the 27th toughest in the NBA so far. Chris Paul may have his moments, but he and his teammates are not toughened up enough yet to take on this kind of challenge for the full 48 minutes on the road, as was the case in their 112-92 loss on this court LY.