PDA

View Full Version : TX/OSU play

Luke
01-05-2009, 05:13 PM
Tonight taking

Texas -8 in a big play.

I have this game capped at -13.With the line going down and 70+% on Texas I'm sure most people will be on OSU tonight .
This trend doesn't work all the time. I think Ohio State's defense is highly over rated and Mccoy will pick them apart all night. When passes aren't open Mccoy will run for it . OSU has not fared well against mobile QB's in the past

Texas leads the nation in sacks. Has the Ohio St. line improved enough to slow down Kindle and Orakpo off the edge ? I highly doubt it

Also I don't think Texas has a bad defense. They faced statistically 5 of the top 10 offenses in the country this year. The Big 10 has 3 teams in the top 50 in offense compared to the rest of the country so switch Ohio St. schedule with Texas and let's see where they would've ended up if we are only going to look at numbers.

Texas has NFL talent and a ton of depth on defense. They shut down OU and TT offense in the second half when it mattered .

Outside of Colorado the Buckeyes offense is the worst Texas will have faced all year long statistically speaking.

This game is similar to the LSU-OSU game imo because OSU was suppose to have the better defense last year also and their defense was suppose to dominate. The LSU defense had gave up close to 50 points 3 seperate times but when it came game time both defenses were equal.OSU couldn't stop a mediocre LSU offense and I don't think they will be able to stop Texas

Texas's defense is as good as OSU's imo but people don't see it because the Big 12 scored 40 PPG and the Big Ten averages 25 PPG. If the two teams switched conferences Texas would win the Big Ten but OSU would have no chance of winning the Big 12 because they can't score enough

I think we will see a similar game today.

If OSU gets behind early this game is over .If Texas gets behind early they can come back.

When times get tough from the 8 minute mark of the 3rd quarter on who would you rather have your money on Mccoy and a high powered offense or Pryor a freshman QB with a offense that can't score fast?

We all know Texas's offense is good but people underestimated Texas defense because they were in a conference that scored lots of points.

Two years ago people under estimated Florida's offense because they played in a conference that played very good defense

Putting your faith in a freshman QB that doesn't pass very well is terms for disaster .Texas will load the box and force Pryor to pass to beat them ,something I don't think will be possible. OSU is a running threat and once you stop that they are dead . I think if OSU comes out passing Texas will blitz Pryor and force him into mistakes. You have a offense that can run and not pass well against a offense that can do both.

15 units my biggest play of the bowl season

GL everyone ::handshake::

Chico1856
01-05-2009, 05:24 PM
Good Luck tonight Luke

RedHottG2
01-05-2009, 05:25 PM
BOL tonight Luke, I will be on Ohio State at +10 bought way back in December..

Luke
01-05-2009, 05:49 PM
BOL tonight Luke, I will be on Ohio State at +10 bought way back in December..

Best of luck just the same ::handshake::

Mr. IWS
01-05-2009, 05:57 PM
I cant pick my ass this bowl season, and I think your right about Texas, but ill probably fade myself here...LOL

GL

RyanK04
01-05-2009, 06:03 PM
Good luck tonight Luke. I will be on the buckeyes so one of us will be happy.

Luke
01-05-2009, 06:04 PM
I cant pick my ass this bowl season, and I think your right about Texas, but ill probably fade myself here...LOL

GL

Fade yourself LOL I love it .

Truth is way back in the day when me and some buddies would go on a losing streak we would get together and decide who we all liked the best and bet the other side.Sometimes it worked ,sometimes we felt like idiots

Mr. IWS
01-05-2009, 06:12 PM

GL

Truth is way back in the day when me and some buddies would go on a losing streak we would get together and decide who we all liked the best and bet the other side.Sometimes it worked ,sometimes we felt like idiots

Thats kind of why I didnt even put a game out yesterday. I really thought the Eagles were gonna lose. Glad I layed off.

Luke
01-05-2009, 06:13 PM
Don't play Texas because I said so ,play what you thinks right. ::handshake::

Luke
01-05-2009, 06:14 PM
[quote="IWS Zak":1xcmg4ya]I cant pick my ass this bowl season, and I think your right about Texas, but ill probably fade myself here...LOL

GL

Thats kind of why I didnt even put a game out yesterday. I really thought the Eagles were gonna lose. Glad I layed off.[/quote:1xcmg4ya]

And I took Minn ,wish I had laid off lol

Mr. IWS
01-05-2009, 06:23 PM
This game just looks like the Bama/Utah game to me, and I lost my nuts on that one...LOL

HUSKERPOWER
01-05-2009, 06:30 PM
all over it with ya
::clover::

Luke
01-05-2009, 06:39 PM
This game just looks like the Bama/Utah game to me, and I lost my nuts on that one...LOL

Bama got crushed the last game of the season and ruined their chance at the title game so their motivation was gone.

I can guarantee you Mack Brown is telling his players if they go crush OSU and Florida barely beats OU they will get a a share of the title much like USC did a few years ago.

Utah was undefeated ,OSU hasn't beat a top 15 team this year.

Bama had nothing to play for Utah was trying to show they world they belonged

Texas is trying to show they are the best team in the nation, OSU is trying to show they can win a big game

I think Robert Griffin of Baylor is better than Pryor and Texas held him to 71 yards passing on 6 of 19 .Griffin got 100 rushing but that wouldnt surprise me if Pryor had close to 75 rushing.

I have broke this game down every way I know how and everything points to a easy win by Texas .

I have been wrong many times before so if I lose it wouldn't be the first time.This game could end up like Utah /Bama

imo Pryor is no Brian Johnson(maybe in 3 years he can be)

I dont let people talk me out of a side I like and you shouldnt either .If you like OSU take OSU ::handshake::
Mike has a big play on OSU so he must have some reason to be going big also

Max 2
01-06-2009, 12:03 AM
SORRY LUKE

THURSDAY IS ANOTHER DAY

RedHottG2
01-06-2009, 12:04 AM
Back at it tomorrow buddy!

mannyfresco
01-06-2009, 12:20 AM
this sucks cause texas usually can play a great game and score alot but o well. I lost on two plays texas -8 and over 52 ugh.

Luke
01-06-2009, 12:46 AM
No excuses ,I was wrong . I thought Texas would score at will tonight and put up at least 35.I was wrong

Funny thing is I played the second half line knowing Texas would make a comeback and the line was -6 but when I went to submit the bet it said the line had changed to 6.5 so I went ahead and put the bet in not thinking it would matter. That hook cost me 6 more units .On to tomorrow

0-2 -2250 :burn:

Texas half -600

Texas game -1650

timbob
01-06-2009, 07:02 PM
Lost these kinds of games too. Today is another day