PDA

View Full Version : 1-15-09

Mr. IWS
01-15-2009, 11:04 AM
Scott Spreitzer Game: Iona at Niagara Jan 15 2009 7:00PM
Prediction: Niagara
Reason: I'm laying the points with Niagara on Thursday. Those who have been with me this college basketball season know I have flown with the Purple Eagles several times. They were a red-hot spread team for the first dozen-plus games. But I haven't jumped aboard in the new year...until now. Niagara struggled in their last two outings, losing their most recent game to Marist. But they played several games in a short amount of time and it caught up to them, along with the line. The game against Marist was their sixth in 14 days and they paid the price with poor shooting and a sluggish night on the defensive end. It was evident in the loss that they were running on tired legs. But they're rich on talent, especially in this conference, led by Tyrone Lewis, Bilal Benn, and Benson Egemonye. Iona definitely does not matchup well with Niagara and has had to deal with a lot of injuries and player-defections already this season. They'll be "just what the doctor ordered" for the Purple Eagles to get back on track. I'm laying the points with Niagara on Thursday. Thanks! GL! Scott

Mr. IWS
01-15-2009, 04:38 PM
Wayne Rooooot

Chairman- N. Carolina
Millionaire- USC
Billionaire- Idaho

Mr. IWS
01-15-2009, 04:38 PM
BRANDON LANG

Thursday night winner ...
10 Dime Rhode Island - The Rams have been competitive all season - win or lose - including that close, three-point loss to Duke at Cameron Indoor. And I'm thinking they're going to come into this one looking to end their 15-game losing streak against ranked teams. After all, close but no cigar only goes so far.

And since these two teams have put on some good shows the past couple meetings, and Rhode Island might be putting its best team on the floor since Jim Harrick was thec coach, I like our chances in this one, especially with it being at home.

The Ryan Center has treated the Rams exceptional this season, and have won all six games there and outscored opponents by an average final of 84-67. They roll in having covered seven of their last eight against teams with a winning record, so let's bank the home team here, as the wrong team is favored.

FREE - Southern Cal (See Daily Video for your analysis on this game)

Sunday Play

50 Dime Steelers - Analysis by 6 p.m. eastern Thursday

15 Dime Cardinals -

FREE - Eagles/Cardinals Under (See Daily Video for your analysis on this game)

SPECIAL NOTE REGARDING THE POINT SPREADS - in these two games, we want to make sure we're laying just -6 points with Pittsburgh and getting 3-1/2 with Arizona. If your book has anything different, I am advising you to purchase the 1/2 point to your advantage, whichever way that may be - down with the Steelers and up for the Cardinals.

Mr. IWS
01-15-2009, 06:27 PM
PP of Pitt:

4* Chicago Bulls
4* Northeastern
4* Idaho
3* Middle Tenn St
3* Murray St
3* Morehead St
3* Eastern Kentucky
3* USC

Mr. IWS
01-15-2009, 06:35 PM
Dr Bob
3 Star Selection
TENN CHATTANOOGA (-5) over Appalachian State
15-Jan-09 04:00 PM Pacific Time
Appalachian State won 43 games the past two seasons and many expected them to be good again this season. Not me. The Mountaineers couldn’t possibly be as good without top player Donte Minter, who averaged 14 points on 59% shooting while pulling down 6 boards per game and blocking 1.5 shots per game. Appalachian also lost all time shot block leader Jeremy Clayton, who averaged an incredible 2.4 blocks per game and also led the team in steals last season. Replacing a top scorer that made 59% of his shots is not easy and Appalachian State is about 9 points worse than they were last season, which is a combination of a less effective offense and bad defense. Chattanooga also was expected to be good this season and the Mocs are starting to play up to expectations after struggling early in the season. The main reason for the good recent play is the presence of F Kevin Goffney, who missed 7 games early on, but has been great in the 9 games he has played this season – averaging 10 points on 53% shooting, averaging 6.0 rebounds, and averaging 1.2 steals per game in just 21 minutes per game. Goffney’s minutes have gone up recently (he’s getting about 30 per game now) and Chattanooga is 4-2 ATS in the games he has played, compared to just 1-5 ATS without him. My ratings favor Chattanooga by 11 points in this game and I’ll take Tennessee Chattanooga in a 3-Star Best Bet at -5 points or less and for 2-Stars up to -7 points based on the line value.
3-Stars at -5 or less, 2-Stars up to -7.

3 Star Selection
Iona (+10) over NIAGARA
15-Jan-09 04:00 PM Pacific Time
Niagara applies to a very negative 20-83-3 ATS situation that is based on their ugly 68-86 loss at Marist and Iona applies to a solid 119-52-6 ATS big road underdog situation. I don’t mind taking an underrated Iona team that is 5-1-1 ATS when their best player Gary Springer starts and finishes a game (he missed 7 ½ games but has been back for the last 4 games). My ratings favor Niagara by 9 ½ points, which is what the line opened at, and I’ll take Iona in a 3-Star Best Bet at +10 points or more and for 2-Stars at +9 ½ or +9 points.
3-Stars at +10 or more, 2-Stars at +9 1/2 or +9.

2 Star Selection
Western Carolina (-1 ½) over SAMFORD
15-Jan-09 05:00 PM Pacific Time
Samford hasn’t beaten a team as good as Western Carolina this season and it’s likely that the Bulldogs will lose tonight given the negative 54-123-2 ATS situation that they apply to. My ratings favor Western Carolina by 2 ½ points and I’ll take Western Carolina in a 2-Star Best Bet at -2 or better.
2-Stars at -2 or better.

Mr. IWS
01-15-2009, 06:54 PM
Ben Burns

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm laying the points with SIENA. (CBB) *CBB Personal Favorite

I'm laying the points with WISCONSIN. *Big 10 GOW

I'm playing the NEW YORK ISLANDERS at +1.5 goals. *Annihilator

I'm taking the points with CHICAGO. (NBA) *TNT GOM

I'm laying the small number with DENVER. (NBA)