PDA

View Full Version : Chargers going to cut LT?

Luke
01-16-2009, 06:42 PM
I keep reading reports that the Chargers don't plan on bringing LaDainian Tomlinson back next year.

I guess they think he's getting old or he's injury prone now .I'm not sure what they think.
Anyone think this is a good idea or a bad idea?

Mr. IWS
01-16-2009, 06:45 PM
bad idea for them, good idea for the Eagles to grab him...I hope.

Luke
01-17-2009, 01:24 AM
"SAN DIEGO -- The San Diego Chargers appear to be bracing their fans for the possibility that LaDainian Tomlinson's brilliant eight-year run with the team could be over.

According to the team's Web site, club president Dean Spanos called the star running back Thursday to discuss reports that the Chargers might part with Tomlinson, who has been slowed by injuries the last two postseasons and will count $8.8 million against the salary cap next year."

Mr. IWS
01-17-2009, 06:24 AM
I still think he can play, he was banged up all year. 8.8mil is a lot against the cap, so he might be gone.

Chico1856
01-18-2009, 09:33 AM
Running Backs that have been the main guy have a prety big dropoff after age 30. His contract makes him likely to be cut, unless they can rework his contract (something I doubt he would do). He needs to be in a 2 back offense to really extend his career and be productive going forward, IMO.

My Redskins would over pay for him...