View Full Version : 1-20-09

Mr. IWS
01-20-2009, 04:25 PM
BRAD DIAMOND 10* NBA Personal Best - Tuesday:
@ 8:35 PM EST
Brad Diamond Sports
NBA Personal Best
Play on: 10* Chicago (702) over Atlanta

Although the Hawks won out on MLK day they did play with little interest, but for a short second-half run, they could have lost the whole game to the visiting Raptors. The Hawks are still without Horford and Williams in the lineup. Whereas, Chicago did lose a very close game to the defense less Knicks, but they illustrated some heart once again. The Bulls had a lead with less than two-minutes on the clock, but squandered the game SU. They have now lost 5 of the last 10, while having tough luck with the majority of losses by less than 6 points. They have not finished of late. Chicago is 1-4 SU against Atlanta, while the Hawks are 20-5 SU this season when holding opponents to 100 or less on the scoreboard. Atlanta is 1-7 SU at the United Center and won their last battle here 113-108 with Al Horford scoring 27 and 17, again, he will not play this evening. The Bulls are 12-5 ATS in the series, as the chalk is solid as rock, going 6-2 ATS. Atlanta is 5-14 ATS on Tuesday’s, 1-5 ATS off an ATS loss and 0-5 ATS playing against the Eastern Conference. Chicago is 5-2 ATS without rest. No doubt, Atlanta is the more talented team, but this spot should project a negative effort by the visitor, especially considering this is same season DOUBLE REVENGE for the Bulls.

Mr. IWS
Vegas Sports Experts

The VSE Tuesday Hoops Power Plays are:

VSE Power Plays

10* Take Akron (+3.5) over Ohio (NCAA Power Play)

Akron
• 15-5 ATS when the total posted is between 120 and 129.5 points
• 14-5 ATS in road games over the last two seasons
• 17-6 ATS when playing on a Tuesday

-------------------------------------------------------------

10* Take Atlanta (+3.5) over Chicago (NBA Power Play)

Chicago
• 1-7 ATS when revenging a same season loss vs. an opponent
• 3-12 ATS when playing three consecutive games as an underdog

Bonus Hoops & NHL Plays are:

3* Take Central Michigan (+4) over Toledo (NCAA)

3* Take San Jose (-215) over Vancouver (NHL)

Mr. IWS
BeatYourBookie.com

Daily Premium Hoops & Hockey Winners for Tuesday

NCAA Basketball

100* Play Duke (-19) over NC State (NCAA)

Duke is 22-3 SU vs. NC State
Duke is 38-0 SU as a home favorite of 18.5 to 24 points
Duke is 32-2 SU when playing on a Tuesday Night

100* Play Penn State (-3) over Michigan (NCAA)

Penn State is 10-3 ATS as a home favorite over the last 3 seasons
Penn State is 5-1 ATS vs. Big 10 Conference Opponents
Penn State is 9-2 ATS coming off a win by 10 points or more

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

NBA Basketball

50* Play Atlanta (+3.5) over Chicago (NBA)

Bonus Hockey Plays

30* Play Minnesota (-185) over Los Angeles (NHL

Mr. IWS
01-20-2009, 04:26 PM
Handicapper: Nite Owl Sports
Sport: NBA Basketball
Game: Atlanta Hawks @ Chicago Bulls - Tuesday January 20, 2009 8:35 pm
Pick: 3 units ATS: Atlanta Hawks +3 (-110)

We like Hawks here for a number of reasons, not the least of which is that they are getting 3 points in a game that we have rated a toss up, even with Bulls HCA figured in, even though Bulls are playing better lately, with Deng and Hinrich both off the injured list and back in the lineup. Let’s start with fact that Hawks have beaten the Bulls twice TY, by 5 in Chicago and 12 in Atlanta. And while Hawks have an average MOV of 5 points in their 8 roadies TY at C teams like Bulls, Chicago has lost six of its last 8 at home ATS, incl 1-3 SU and ATS L4 at home vs A and B teams (Hawks being a B team). And both of these teams are playing w/o rest and after having had to fly into the Windy City after day games monday, but Hawks are better TY in the no rest mode, with a 7-4 ATS record and an average score of tie in its 11 no rest games TY, incl 5-1 ATS away, while Bulls are just 6-6 in no rest mode with an average MOL of 4 points, although they are a decent 5-3 w/o rest at home. Finally, Atl is 14-9 ATS after a win (the mode they are in for this game), compared to a crappy 4-8 after a loss.

We’ll have more on this game with an update later today, but we wanted to release this pick tonite at what we believe to be a favorable line for us, and urge our subscribers to get down on Atl at +3> as soon as you can, as we are not sure if that line will be around much longer.

Mr. IWS
CHARLIE

cbb. south fl-6 (500*)
cbb. nc state+19 (30*)
cbb. eastern michigan+4' (20*)
cbb. illinois-7' (20*)
nba. t'wolves+9 (10*)
nba. atlanta+3 (10*) free play

Mr. IWS
Rocketman NHL

3* Edmonton -140

Mr. IWS
ATS Sports Club
Tuesday, January 20, 2009
$25 Soccer Back of the Net Winner:

England League 2
Notts County vs. Aldershot Town over 2.5

Mr. IWS
ANDRE GOMES
Play: Triple Dime -3 Chicago
Comments:
NBA - 701 Atlanta Hawks @ 702 Chicago Bulls

This will be my third Triple Dime of the season and I think that we have enough material to bet on the Bulls tonight in such a high rate. The Bulls and the Hawks are now in different curves, the factor of this statement is related to some health problems.

While the Bulls are now finally healthy with the returns of Luol Deng, Kirk Hinrich and Drew Gooden, the same isn’t happening with the Hawks because their frontcourt is shorthanded with center Al Horforf and PF Marvin Williams out of action. The Bulls are 2-2 L4 games with their healthier roster and are coming to this game losing the last 2 games, but it’s important to say that they could win both games. I remember that last night the Bulls with 31 seconds remaining were on the front of the game 98-97 just to fell short. I expect a bounce back for the Bulls in here as they are a better team lately.

Meanwhile the Hawks comes from a phony win last night against the Raptors, they’ve trailed the majority of the game, but a strong finish provided them a tough win. I keep saying that usually a team fares well without one key starter, but then struggles to proceed with the same efficient. Actually I said that statement last night in my Lakers pick and we watch the supporting cast of the Lakers take advantage from it and this is the same spot for Atlanta. Without Horford and Williams they survived last night but to do it in a consistent basis it will be hard, they were outrebounded by the Raptors 40-49 and 6-12 in offensive rebounds, in the previous two games between the Hawks and the Raptors the Hawks had +12 rebounds so clearly the Hawks missed their big guys.

With so one-dimensional team the Hawks needed the backcourt to rescue them: Joe Johnson 10-21 FG and Mike Bibby 9-15 FG performed well, but I wouldn’t be surprised if they struggle tonight because the Hawks only have these offensive weapons and it’s easy for one team to shut them down, just double team those guys.

The Hawks already defeated the Bulls twice this season so this is a revenge game for the Bulls. If we add the fact of both teams comes to this game in reverse psychological effects (Bulls after a loss and Hawks after a win), I expect the Bulls to care of the business tonight, take them as my TRIPLE DIME PLAY!

Pick: 5 units (Triple Dime Play) on 702 Chicago Bulls (-3) @1.91 on TheGreek

Mr. IWS
01-20-2009, 04:27 PM
Handicapper: IndianCowboy
Sport: College Basketball
Game: Ohio State Buckeyes @ Illinois Illini - Tuesday January 20, 2009 7:00 pm
Pick: 4 units (Play of the Day) ATS: Illinois Illini -7.5 (-110)

Handicapper: IndianCowboy
Sport: NBA Basketball
Game: Atlanta Hawks @ Chicago Bulls - Tuesday January 20, 2009 8:35 pm
Pick: 4 units (Play of the Day) ATS: Chicago Bulls -3 (-110)

Mr. IWS
igz1 sports

Tuesday Action !!
NHL
3* Under 5 (-110) Anaheim vs NY Rangers

CBB
4* Tennessee -1 (-110)
3* Ohio State +7.5 (-110)
3* Delaware +7 (-110)

Good LUck !!

Mr. IWS
RON RAYMOND'S 5* NHL BEST BET + 2 BONUS PICKS!

Pick # 1 Anaheim Ducks (120)

Pick # 2 Ottawa Senators (115)

Pick # 3 Detroit Red Wings (-180)

Mr. IWS
NSA

CBB Ohio St @ Illinois 7:00 20* Illinois -7.5
CBB Creighton @ Evansville 7:05 10* Creighton -1.5
CBB Michigan @ Penn St 9:00 10* Michigan +3
CBB Tennessee @ Vanderbilt 9:00 10* Vanderbilt Pk
NBA Indiana @ San Antonio 8:30 10* San Antonio -6.5
NBA Minnesota @ Utah 9:00 10* Minnesota +9

Mr. IWS
Seabass:

Comp-Texas Tech

100* Vegas Steam Play-Kings/Wild UNDER 5

Mr. IWS
01-20-2009, 04:28 PM
Trushel 20*

S. FLO over

Mr. IWS
Lenny Stevens
10 star maryland
10 star south florida

Mr. IWS
Bob Balfe

NBA Basketball
Pacers +7.5 over Spurs

NCAA Basketball
Eastern Michigan +4.5 over Northern Illinois

Mr. IWS
ATS Sports Club
$25 NHL Ice-Melter Winner:

Pittsburgh Penguins -150

Mr. IWS
01-20-2009, 05:53 PM
IC

4 Unit Play. #710. Take Illinois -7.5 over Ohio State (Tuesday @ 7pm est).

Going for Golden Week Today! (This will be the 10th Golden Week of my career in a sport, if this cashes).

4* Monday: Pittsburgh -9 over 'Cuse (W)
4* Sunday: Southern Illinois -4.5 over Bradley (W)
4* Saturday: Illinois +7.5 over Ohio State (W)
4* Friday: Yale +4 over Brown (Outright W)
4* Thursday: Marist +8.5 over Siena (W)
4* Wednesday: Illinois -7 over Michigan (W)

4 Straight Winning weeks in the NBA.
6-1 in CBB Last Week. Back to Back Winning Weeks in CBB.

We are going for the Golden Week today! Hence, if we cash today we would be 7-0 over the last 7 days and consequently 7 straight winning days. This would be the 10th golden week of my career so I want it. We are still not going to get off the Illinois bandwagon here. I have followed Illinois through every game this year and I mentioned that as soon as Alex Legion were to come to this team, they were going to go on a solid ATS Run. And, that's exactly what they did. The Kentucky transfer gives them depth and a presence that they did not have before. Heck, in their last game against Michigan State, folks will be talking about how well Illinois did and as they were up 34-27 at the half. I remember that game, because we were on Illinois as they were part of our 6 in a row streak currently. Part of the reason they did so well was because of Alex Legion who led the team with 15 points. He is a big time player and once again, on national television, this team will do great tonight on ESPN. Illinois is 9-4 ATS and I rode this team for a big blowout win over Indiana (which they won by 30+), I rode this team on the road at Michigan State (which they covered as 8 point dogs, I rode this team against Michigan at home (which they covered as 7 point chalk) and I will once again ride this team over Ohio State today. Ohio State comes off a huge win over Michigan on the road and they are in for a rude awakening if they think that Illinois will be similar to what they faced at Michigan. Remember, Ohio State swept Illinois when they were decimated with recruits not coming ashore last year as Illinois lost by 16 on the road and 6 at home. Well, just like they got their revenge on Indiana who swept them last year, they will get their revenge on the Buckeyes. Illinois has revenge from last year, comes off a loss to the best team in the conference who they led at their place by 7 outright at the half, returns home, faces a Buckeye team off a big win and likely in for a let down here on national television - I will gladly take Illinois here as they are likely in for a close game at the half and then a DD win at the close of the game - very similar to what you saw when they won by 15 over Michigan. The Home team is 11-4 ATS in the last 15 meetings and Illinois is 5-1 ATS when facing teams with a winning % greater than 60% meaning they are showing up well against the better teams in the country. I want the Golden Week and I will attempt to get it by backing Illinois over Ohio State today!

4 Unit Play. #702. Take the Chicago Bulls -3 over the Atlanta Hawks (Tuesday @ 8:30pm est). The Bulls are in a solid spot here today. We recently backed them as recently as their outright win over the Cavs on TNT in overtime. That was a great game to watch. If you remember the analysis on that game it is very similar to that of this game. The Bulls folks are healthy. This is not the same team that has accrued it's sub par record currently. This is a team that has its "goods" back. They have their key elements of Deng, Kirk, Gooden and their staples this season of Rose and Gordon. Furthermore, they are coming home after a tough loss at the Garden where Duhon was able to get revenge on his old squad with his new teammates in the Garden. Healthier, the Bulls have defeated the Raptors on the road outright who were playing well, took care of business against the Cavs at home and have lost back to back games including a tight one to the Spurs at home as well as to the Knicks on the road. Furthermore, I know my Hawks. They were able to squeak by the Raptors at home. But, Al Horoford is out until late January and Marvin Williams is still day to day. When this team goes on the road, it is going to be a disaster as per their depth with big men will be impacted. Remember, the Hawks defeated the Bulls this season 113-108 on the road in November and 129-117 in December. The Bulls have quite a bit of revenge here against the Hawks as it is tough to beat any team trice. The Bulls nearly beat the Hawks on road earlier this year in Hotlanta where they were not at full speed and now we get them at full speed, off back to back losses with revenge against an Eastern Conference Foe as they return home against a banged up Hawks team. We will gladly take it here as the Bulls are ripe for a potential double-digit win as the Hawks have failed to cover their last 5 against the Eastern Conference and the favorite is 6-2 ATS in the last 8 meetings between these two teams.

Mr. IWS
Sharp | CBB Sides Double-Dime Bet
737 Tennessee -1.0 (-110) BetUS vs 738 Vanderbilt @ 9 et
Analysis: Stan is Betting TENNESSEE today. Stan notes that we are getting great line value here because TENNESSEE only won their last game by 3 points as an 11 point favorite. Stan looks for Tennessee to have a much better game tonight against their rival Vanderbilt as last game was sandwiched in between Kentucky at home and their Biggest rival. Stan has TENNESSEE winning tonight by 6-9 points. TAKE TENNESSEE as STAN SHARP'S BASKETBALL BLOWOUT OF THE WEEK and make them a DOUBLE DIME PLAY

Mr. IWS
ICEMAN

Anaheim Ducks vs. New York Rangers (NHL) - 7:05 PM EST Premium Play
Pick: Money Line: -133 New York Rangers Play Title: 5*
Click Here to View Pick Analysis
The NY Rangers are home where they play well. They are facing a team who is banged up with several injuries. We also note that the NY Rangers are 8-2 after scoring 1 goal or less in their previous game and they are coming off a game where they were shutout 3-0. NY RANGERS on Tuesday night!

Mr. IWS
01-20-2009, 05:54 PM
MARC Lawrence for Tuesday

TITLE: 15-2 ATS NBA Fan Appreciation Play! - Tue
REASON FOR PICK: Play On: Chicago Bulls -4.5

Note: After starting the season ablaze, going 21-10 SU and 19-11-1 ATS in games this season through 2008 the Hawks appear to have hit the wall. They are no longer catching teams (or the linemaker) by surprise. Thus it will be no surprise when paybacks start mounting. One such case is here tonight with a Bulls squad that has will be out to avenge 113-108 and 129-117 defeats to Atlanta this season. To complicate matters, the Hawks fly in off a home revenge win against Toronto yesterday. We like the Windy City bunch to improve on its 12-5 SU and 13-4 ATS series mark this evening.

We recommend a 4-unit play on Chicago.

TITLE: 18-0 College Hoops Fan Appreciation Play!
REASON FOR PICK: Play On: Vanderbilt +1

Note: The Commodores host the Vols in a SEC rivalry showdown in Knoxville tonight in a terrific winning situation. That occurs when Vanderbilt is at home in a pick or dog of less than 6 situation whenever they are off a loss and their opponent is off a win. That's because they are 18-3 ATS in this situation, including 18-0 ATS when facing a .666 or greater opponent if the Commodores scored 55 or more points in their previous game. Look for Vandy to make it 6 straight wins and covers in its last 6 tries as a home dog here this evening.

We recommend a 5-unit play on Vanderbilt.

Mr. IWS
01-20-2009, 05:55 PM
Craig Davis
Tuesday's Lineup
30 DIME ---- DePAUL

15 DIME ---- VANDERBILT

10 DIME ---- MARYLAND

Mr. IWS
01-20-2009, 06:14 PM
ATS Lock Club
4 Vandy +1
3 S. Fla -5.5
3 Penn St -2

ATS Financial Package
3 Evansville +2
3 N.C. St. +19.5

Mr. IWS
01-20-2009, 06:15 PM
ATS Sports Club
$25 NBA Side Mismatch Winner:

Chicago Bulls -4

Mr. IWS
ras under 126' air force

Mr. IWS
ATS Sports Club
$25 NBA Total Winner:

Indiana Pacers vs. San Antonio Spurs over 208

Mr. IWS
01-20-2009, 06:39 PM
teddy june

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Illinois

Mr. IWS
01-20-2009, 06:40 PM
Seabass

50 Sacramento

Cbb
50 illinois
50 duke