PDA

View Full Version : 1-30-09

Mr. IWS
01-30-2009, 04:10 PM
Guaranteed Pick: Scott Spreitzer 25*

Game: Boston Celtics at Detroit Pistons Jan 30 2009 7:05PM
Prediction: Boston Celtics
Reason: I'm laying it with the red-hot Celtics on Friday night. I have used the Celtics on these pages several times during their current win streak. Once again, the team is crushing the opposition thanks in part to the current form of Rajon Rondo. No reason to bore those who have been with me with all of the statistical details on Rondo yet again, but suffice it to say, he was MUCH better during Boston's incredible start to the season than he was during their 2-7 slide. And he's been outstanding dishing out high assist numbers and limiting turnovers during the current nine-game win streak. In fact, in Boston's latest win, a 119-100 blowout over Sacto, Rondo also contributed 24-points on 10-of-15 shooting with nine assists and just ONE turnover. When Rondo is on his game, the studs on the team can focus completely on their own games, rather than having to pick up the slack. Meanwhile, the Pistons closed December and began January with a seven-game win streak, but they're just 4-8 since then. It's even worse against winning teams during the slide, where they're just 1-5 SU, 2-4 ATS. The Pistons are also just 7-15 ATS at home this season. Boston has won four of the last five meetings in Auburn Hills, and won both of this season's meetings by an average of 15 ppg. Rondo's on fire. Eddie House is smoking from area code three. As I have said before, when the Celtics are clicking you either jump on board or pass. Tonight's number presents another opportunity to jump on board. I'm laying the points with Boston on Friday.

Mr. IWS
01-30-2009, 05:06 PM
Brandon Lang
15 Dimes Golden State

Free: Butler

Mr. IWS
01-30-2009, 06:37 PM
Big AL

3* Wizards
3* Atl. Hawks
Opinion - Pacers
Opinion - Clippers