PDA

View Full Version : Calzaghe retires with 46-0 record

Luke
02-05-2009, 06:00 PM
For months, light heavyweight champion Joe Calzaghe has been saying he would probably retire.

On Thursday, he did.

Perhaps the greatest fighter in Welsh history, Calzaghe, a two-division world champion and one of the best fighters pound-for-pound in the world, announced his retirement from boxing, saying he had nothing left to accomplish.

Mr. IWS
02-05-2009, 06:01 PM
Guy was a beast, but I think if he fought RJJ 7 or 8 years ago, he would have gotten murdered.

Luke
02-05-2009, 06:07 PM
I was just typing this as you posted Zak

.This guy is a joke imo . He beat a way over the hill Roy Jones and won a split decision against a 43 year old Hopkins that most people thought he lost. He now retires instead of giving Hopkins a rematch that Hopkins has asked for since the last fight.
What a coward ,he turns down 4-5 million because he's afraid a now 44 year old Hopkins will beat him and he'll lose his undefeated record .

Going 46-0 is a joke is you have never beat top competition.
Why did he not fight Jones and Hopkins 5 years ago when both were in their primes ? Answer because he knows he would have lost both.

This guy is heavily overrated

Mr. IWS
02-05-2009, 06:16 PM
For my money, Roy Jones and Floyd Mayweather are the best Ive seen, But Mike Tyson is still my all time favorite.

Luke
02-05-2009, 06:20 PM
For my money, Roy Jones and Floyd Mayweather are the best Ive seen, But Mike Tyson is still my all time favorite.

I agree with Mayweather . Jones was also very very good .

Hopkins is slowly becoming my favorite ever but I still have Holyfield on top

Mr. IWS
02-05-2009, 06:27 PM
I never liked Holyfield, he is an all timer though. No fighter has/had a better heart. It always seemed like everytime I saw him fight, Bowe, Tyson, Foreman, I was always rooting for the other guy.