PDA

View Full Version : 2-6-09

Mr. IWS
02-06-2009, 09:10 AM
Lee Kostroski Went 4-0 Yesterday which included (2) 8*s
REASON FOR PICK: 7* PLAY ON OVER LA Clippers @ Memphis Grizzlies

Based on pace of play calculations this game should easily eclipse the 200 point total as Memphis and L.A. combine to score at a minimum 210. The Grizzlies recently hired Lionel Hollins to replace since departed head coach Marc Iavaroni and the first thing Hollins did was change the Grizzlies offensive philosophy. Memphis now looks for easy baskets in transition with speedy point guard Conley pushing the ball (averaging 7 assists per game last four) up the court. Just by looking at the Grizzlies pace of play and point production and you can see the difference. In their last four games the Grizz have scored 102, 98, 113 and 104 points. Prior to that, they had topped 100 points just 3 times in their last 20 games which included a streak of 10 straight games without topping the century point. In their last four games (all overs) the Grizzlies have attempted 75 or more shots every game. Memphis has shot over 49% their last three games and have scored 28 or more points in 8 of their last 16 quarters of play. The LA Clippers haven’t had much success stopping anyone this season as they’ve allowed 100 or more points in 14 of their last nineteen games. The Clippers defense has been atrocious of late allowing 125, 119, 106 and 112 their last four games. On the road its worse yet as the Clippers have given up 100 plus points in 12 of their last 13 games. We’ll also need L.A. to score in this game to reach 200 or more points but that shouldn’t be a big problem as Baron Davis and Zach Randolph both have a couple games under their belts after being injured and they will contribute tonight on the offensive end of the floor. Bet this game OVER the total.

As of Thursday night quite a few NBA lines aren’t even posted so I will be adding picks to this website later in the day on Friday after I’ve had enough time to properly research them. Be sure to check back here for any additional NBA winners from me. Best of luck, Lee

Mr. IWS
02-06-2009, 09:10 AM
ATS Sports Club
February 6, 2009

Soccer:

French Ligue 2:

Tours vs. Dijon FCO over 2

Dutch Eerste Divisie:

FC Eindhoven vs. Helmond Sport over 3

FC Emmen VV vs. Cambuur Leeuwarden over 3

Mr. IWS
02-06-2009, 01:13 PM
ATS Sports Club

NBA

Grizzlies -5
Suns/Warriors Over 230
Celtics/Knicks Over 208
Magic/Pacers Over 218

NCAA

St. Peter's/Niagara Over 134

NHL

Sabres -140
Blue Jackets/Penguins Over 5.5

Mr. IWS
02-06-2009, 02:35 PM
EZ Winners

NBA:

1* Golden State Warriors +9.5

NCAAB:

2* Dartmouth +1

Mr. IWS
02-06-2009, 02:36 PM
Bob Balfe

NBA Basketball
Clippers +5 over Grizzles

Mr. IWS
02-06-2009, 02:36 PM
Las Vegas Sport Picks

NBA:

1* Raptors +3.5
2* Nuggets -6
2* Magic/Pacers over 214

NHL:

1* Pens/Jackets o5.5

NCAA:

Passing tonight

Mr. IWS
02-06-2009, 02:37 PM
IndianCowboy
Sport: College Basketball
Game: Brown Bears @ Dartmouth Big Green - Friday February 6, 2009 7:00 pm
Pick: 4 unit(s) ATS: Dartmouth Big Green +1 (-110) (Play of the Day)

The Big Green Baby! We will ride the Big Green today for our 5th college basketball winner in a row as we look to go a perfect 5-0 this week en route to my 11th Golden Week of my career (7-0). I love Ivy League Basketball. Many a times because of a tough non-conference schedules, a teams SU win record is not indicative of how good a team really is. Such is the case with Dartmouth who has played some very tough games throughout this year which has prepped them well for conference play. Yes, Dartmouth has 4 wins but once again this is completely irrelevant of the fact that are in a nice spot to win Outright here tonight at home against Brown. Keep in mind Dartmouth was young last year and they were swept by the hands of Brown. So, undoubtedly they have revenge from that contest. On top of that, let's not forget this is the same Dartmouth team that just beat top 235 Penn at home by 3. This is the same Dartmouth team that went on the highway to shock Harvard and beat them in Overtime who is a top 250 school (the same school that lost to Bama by 3 on the road). Brown has lost all 4 conference games this year while Dartmouth is actually is actually 2-2 in conference play. Dartmouth has played a brutal non-conference schedule such as Providence, Vermont and California which has prepped them nice for conference play. If Dartmouth can defeat the likes of Harvard on the road and UPenn at home, they can certainly get it done over Brown today with revenge. We took St. Peters on Monday as we snuck in for the cover, we took San Diego State Outright on tuesday over UNLV, Indiana Outright against Iowa at home on Wednesday, The Citadel Outright over App. State on Thursday and for Friday, let's take the Big Green to win Outright at home against Dartmouth. The Brown Bears are just 1-5 ATS in their last 6 road games and 1-4 ATS against the Ivy of late while the Big Green is 8-1 ATS in their last 9 against the Ivy and 6-1 ATS in their last 7 home games. Come on, I know you want to say it, "Big Green tonight Baby!"

Good luck,

Indian Cowboy.

IndianCowboy
Sport: NBA Basketball
Game: Utah Jazz @ Sacramento Kings - Friday February 6, 2009 10:05 pm
Pick: 4 unit(s) ATS: Sacramento Kings +2.5 (-110) (Play of the Day)

Let's go 4-1 on the week in the NBA and secure our 7th Straight Winning Week in the NBA with this selection as we are making shock waves in this industry. It amuses me when folks think that you cannot win in Hoops or win in the long run - all that means they are falling for the wrong touts and their ridiculous hype of the Game of the Centuries. I say that as we come off a 65% January, 6 straight NBA winning weeks and 4 of 5 winning college weeks (secured yesterday). Well, I don't have Game of the Centuries and the Game of my Life's etc...If one is good, then they can make standard plays, even do flat betting. I have Research and Hard work - that's the premise of any success full cat in any successful field. I'm not the only one, there are a few who are sincerely hard working and good in this field - we comprise about 3% in this industry. As per the Kings today, I think they win outright. If you noticed, I took the Jazz to beat the Mavs yesterday as I believed injuries and all they get it done. Remember, the Mavs' win over the Magic was only because Jameer Nelson was banged up. Heck, I actually think that the Magic lose Outright tonight at Indiana as the Pacers end up getting it done. But, I don't want to go against the Magic despite the fact I think they are in for a shock wave of their own in a tight game against the Pacers who have revenge and come home after a road loss. As per this game, look the Kings got a gut check after a 40 point loss to the Suns on the road. They were embarrassed and they only lost to the Jazz by a few points at home last time. This team is still made up of professionals who will come out strong today. Don't forget this is the same Kings team that beat the Lakers at home in ARCO and the Warriors on the road Outright. The Jazz are a different team on the road away from home without Boozer. This team lost to the Thunder in a blowout fashion for the most part in that game, lost to the Rockets, lost to the Mavs and Denver - many of those games by over 15-20 points on the highway. There is no reason that Kevin Martin cannot go off today like he did when he played nearly 50 minutes against OKC scoring 37 points, assisted by Beno, Salmons, Garcia, Thompson and Hawes. This is a bit of a homer pick in some ways, but I think with over 80% favoring the Jazz here and the Kings coming off one of the worst losses of this year and in franchise history, they are a decent play returning to ARCO with revenge here. The Jazz are 0-4 ATS playing on 0 days rest as they are a bit banged up and it shows in back to back games and the home team is 6-1 ATS in the last 8 meetings between these two squads

Mr. IWS
02-06-2009, 02:40 PM
igz1 sports

Friday Action !!
NBA
4* Charlotte -2 (-110)
3* Over 230 (-110) Goldenstate vs Phoenix

NHL
4* Over 5.5 (-120) Columbus vs Pittsburgh

Mr. IWS
02-06-2009, 02:40 PM
RON RAYMOND'S 5* NHL O/U GAME OF THE NIGHT!
Pick # 1 New York Rangers / Dallas Stars Under 5.5 -135

Mr. IWS
02-06-2009, 04:23 PM
The Friends of Mike Lee
5* Game of Month---LAC Over
4* Orlando
3*LAC
3* Den

Mr. IWS
02-06-2009, 04:23 PM
Tony George
NBA BLOWOUT Money maker from Tony George
Orlando Magic vs. Indiana Pacers (Feb 6 7:05 PM)
Orlando Magic (-6.0) (-110.0)

Orlando -6
The Magic already destroyed the Pacers this season scoring over 130 points. The key in this game is the low post, Howard versus Foster for the Pacers. This is a total mis-match, including the entire frontcourt, and although Nelson is out at guard for the foreseeable future or Orlando, the mismatch down low makes up for the guard play here. Look for Howard to have 30+ tonight. Orlando a cover machine covering the spread in 22 out of their last 28.

Play 1 to 1.5 Units on Orlando.

Mr. IWS
02-06-2009, 04:24 PM
Vernon Croy
**ALERT** Vernon Croy's **Friday Night NBA GAME OF THE MONTH** (69% NBA Run)
Boston Celtics vs. New York Knicks (Feb 6 7:35 PM)
New York Knicks (5.5) (-110.0)
20 Units, Take New York ATS, I hate betting against a team like the Celtics but this pick falls into one of my top NBA systems and the Celtics are coming off an emotional home loss against the Lakers last night. The Celtics are just 2-5 ATS in their last 7 games after an ATS loss and the Celtics are just 1-4 ATS in their last 5 games when their starting 5 players combine for more than 160 minutes played in their previous game. The Knicks are 11-2 ATS in their last 13 games as a dog of +5 to +10.5 points and they are 6-1 ATS in their last 7 games when playing with 1 days rest. The Knicks are a perfect 9-0 ATS in their last 9 home games when the posted total is 205 to 209.5 and they are also 8-1 SU in those games. The Knicks take advantage of a drained Celtics team tonight at home so grab the points with the Knicks as my Friday Night NBA Game of the Month. Good Luck & God Bless...Vernon Croy

Vernon Croy
Vernon Croy's **20 Unit Friday Night NHL SMASH** (4-0 NHL Side Run)
Columbus Blue Jackets vs. Pittsburgh Penguins (Feb 6 7:35 PM)
Columbus Blue Jackets (170)
20 Units, Take Columbus ML, We are getting solid value here with the Blue Jackets Friday night who are 8-1 in their last 9 games against an Eastern Conference opponent. The Penguins are just 3-14 in their last 17 games when playing with 1 days rest and they are just 8-20 in their last 28 games after a win. The Penguins are just 7-15 in their last 22 games against a Central division opponent and even though Mason will not be in the net for the Blue Jackets there is simply too much value to pass up tonight. Take Columbus as my Friday night NHL Smash

Mr. IWS
CHARLIE

nba. golden st @ phoenix over 229' (500*)
nba. memphis-5' (30*)
nba. portland-4' (20*)
nba. boston @ knicks over 209 (20*)
nba. knicks+5' (10*)
nba. indiana+6' (10*) free play

Mr. IWS
DOC

5-Unit Play – NBA Game of the Week – Take Atlanta/Charlotte UNDER (7 p.m. EST, Friday) There has been some line movement in this game since we posted the pick and the line has dropped near 180 at most betting shops. We recommend playing this as a 5-unit pick all the way down to 179 but if it goes lower than that we recommend backing off a couple units. It will be graded as we have it listed, as is the case with all our picks no matter which way the line moves. We had this game capped at 177.

These teams have played two low scoring games this season. The last meeting between these teams reached only 162 and the one before that reached only 171. The Bobcats have one of the best home defenses in the NBA and they also have one of the worst offenses. They have done so well against the spread and for the under this season because Coach Larry Brown realized what kind of team he had and implemented a system where the game is slowed down and they play solid D in order to keep the game close and have a chance to win in the end. They will be without their top scorer again, Gerald Wallace, who is nursing multiple injuries. They are also missing a couple other key playmakers. This team, however, is No. 5 in the NBA in points allowed and we expect them to play some solid D tonight. The Hawks have been scoring a lot lately but they have played some porous defenses. Whenever they go on the road, however, against top defenses they really struggle to get to the basket. They scored 79 at Miami, 87 at Orlando, 87 at Miami, 89 at San Antonio and 84 at Houston in what we would consider their last five road games against tough home defenses. They could also be missing Joe Johnson and his team-leading 21.5 PPG and 6.2 assists per game as he is listed as questionable. Four of the last five meetings between these clubs have gone under the posted number

Mr. IWS
kelso

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

25 units Jazz -2.5

10 units Marq -9

Mr. IWS
ATS Lock Club
5 Magic -6
4 Celtics -6
4 Nuggets -6.5

ATS Financial Package
4 Hornets -3
3 Warriors +10.5

Mr. IWS
NSA's Selection
NBA Boston @ New York 7:30 20* Boston -5
NBA Portland @ Oklahoma City 8:05 10* Oklahoma City +6
NBA LA Clippers @ Memphis 8:05 10* LA Clippers +6
NBA Golden St @ Phoenix 10:35 10* OVER 230.5
CBB Marquette @ South Florida 7:00 10* Marquette -9
CBB Cornell @ Princeton 7:00 10* Cornell -7

Mr. IWS
02-06-2009, 04:25 PM
Scott Rickenbach

TOP NBA PLAY

Memphis -4.5

Mr. IWS
Lee Kostroski - Went 4-0 Yesterday which included (2) 8*s
REASON FOR PICK: 8* Play On: Tonight we side with the OVER 183 in the Toronto Raptors vs. New Orleans Hornets game. In scouring through the nation’s sports sections this morning I came across this quote from Hornets head coach Byron Scott.

“We have to figure out what way we want to play. I know which way I want to play -- I want to be an aggressive, fast-break basketball team," Scott said. "I want to run up and down the floor and put a lot of pressure on teams. If they want to slow it down, I don't think we'll be as successful."

OK coach Scott I agree 100% with your game plan and I expect you to carry through with this quote. Actually, I don’t put a lot of stock into what the coach is saying about tonight’s game but I’m more inclined to trust what the statistics have to say and they’re telling me to bet the OVER. If you’ve purchased from me before you know how well my Totals perform and how strong my math-model works predicting Over/Unders and tonight it projects this game to have 194 total points. Granted the two team’s respective leading scorers (Paul & Bosh) aren’t playing but the line adjustment was still too great. Bench players for each team will step up tonight and someone invariably will pick up the scoring void left by Bosh and Paul. Both teams are in the top 15 in offensive efficiency with New Orleans ranking 9th and Toronto 15th. Surprisingly the Hornets are 28th in the league in pace of play but they are still in the top 10 in ‘O’ efficiency. Speaking of pace of play, the Bugs have attempted 78 or more shots in four straight games and that trend should continue tonight. In 13 of their last seventeen games the Hornets and their opponents have scored 183 or more total points including 7 of their last nine at home. Tonight’s Total is the second lowest number Vegas has posted on a Hornets game in their last 17.

Toronto has allowed 93 or more points in 16 of their last eighteen games and 18 of their last twenty-three have resulted in more than 183 total points. 11 of their last fourteen road games have also resulted in 183 or more points. If we eliminate the Raptors first 7 games of the season, only ONCE has Vegas posted a Total on their games less than 183. So even without Chris Paul or Chris Bosh we still expect a higher scoring game between the Raptors and Hornets on Friday evening. Play OVER the Total.

Mr. IWS
The real animal

2* Utah -2 1/2

Mr. IWS
JB Sports:

3* Charlotte -2
2* Indiana + 6
2* Sacremento +3

Mr. IWS
02-06-2009, 04:26 PM
Kelso Balance of plays
5 units Celtics -6.5
3 units Brown -1

Mr. IWS
02-06-2009, 05:53 PM
Stan Sharp | NBA Sides Double-Dime Bet
857 LAC 4.5 (-110) Bodog vs 858 MEM
Analysis: Stan is Betting LA CLIPPERS today. Stan notes that The Clippers are getting great line value following their recent losing streak but this play is more going against Memphis as Memphis is just 6-16 ATS following a home win the last 2 seasons. Stan has this game going to the wire. Stan has the Clippers winning by 3-5 points. TAKE CLIPPERS as STAN SHARP'S NBA BIG BET OF THE WEEK and make them a DOUBLE DIME PLAY.

Mr. IWS
02-06-2009, 05:53 PM
Paul Leiner

500* NBA Over 182 Char/Atl

100* CBB Marquette -9

25* NBA Magic -6

Mr. IWS
02-06-2009, 06:21 PM
Sebastian

50 Cornell, Yale
20 Denver, Toronto, LAC

100 Steam: Knicks