3 Providence -3

Mr. IWS
03-01-2009, 10:05 AM
Chris Jordan Sunday Winner ...

200? OREGON STATE - Analysis due back by Noon eastern

Drew Gordon Today's Games... 1. 300,000? Pistons
2. 50,000? Cincinnati
3. 50,000? Michigan State

1. Pistons- Clearly, having Rip Hamilton back in the starting lineup instantly paid dividends, as the Pistons beat one of the East's elite, Orlando, in their last one! Looking for them to build off that winner this afternoon, as they face down another of the East's best in Boston today, and here's why:

First and foremost, do would need any more proof that the Iverson trade was a bust? He doesn't play, Hamiton starts, scored 31 points, and the Pistons defeat the Magic with ease Friday. Formula seems pretty simple, as the Pistons core always depended on Rip getting his minutes and his shots, and FINALLY we saw some positive results from this Pistons squad because of it!

Along with the obvious Hamilton factor, you have to believe the Pistons are ecstatic to end their losing streak, and will go "full-bore" this afternoon to keep it going. Celtics are pretty much on cruise control at this point, and fact is, Detroit has far more motivation in this match up. True, they've been garbage all month, but the tide is turning for this Pistons team, and NOW is the time to jump aboard.

Also, its tough to ignore the fact Kevin Garnett will be out Sunday. Needless to say, he's the heart of this Celtics defense, and was their best player in their last meeting, as he totally outplayed Wallace. Garnett led the team in scoring and limited Rasheed to a 5 of 16 shooting night, dooming the Pistons to the loss, but not this time around! Look for Wallace to eat up Glen Davis and Perkins, as he follows Hamilton's lead, and get back on track this afternoon.

Bottom line, the win over the Magic was HUGE for this Pistons team, and I fully expect them to build off that win today in Boston. Celtics are damn good, but they will miss Garnett in this match up, plain and simple. Boston still wins this game, but look for Detroit to keep it well within the number!

Take the Pistons plus the points over the Celtics as your top-rated play of the day.

2. Cincinnati- No doubt this is a tough match up for the Bearcats, but oddsmakers went a little to far in instilling the Orange as considerable favorites today at home. Look guys, I was impressed as anybody by Syracuse's 87-58 ass-kicking of the Red Storm in their last one, but let's not get carried away! Syracuse has been notoriously inconsistent this season, and with the Bearcats needing a win here, I'm happy to side with the road dog.

Herein lies the problem, as we all know the Orange can score plenty, but their defense leaves A LOT to be desired, allowing 81 ppg on 48% shooting over their last 5 games! Guys, you're not going to cover many games when you play that kind of "matador" defense, and the same hold true today. Cincinnati on the other hand, despite losing 2 of their last 3 (2 losses against the cream of the Big East crop), have tighened up defensively of late, allowing 68 ppg on 43% shooting over the same 5-game span!

Look guys, fact is the Bearcats have covered the last two meeting between these two schools, including an outright win in their last one! More of the same today, as the Cincy may not win outright, but they know how to play "Big East-style" basketball, and will keep this game close because of it! Just as West Virginia how good this Bearcats team is?!

Bottom line, the Bearcats need this win, even after upsetting West Virginia, sitting at 18 wins, there's no question this game is HUGE. Granted, that doesn't mean they'll win outright, but I just don't see them losing by nearly as much as Vegas wants you to believe this afternoon. Play on the Bearcats to keep it close!

Take Cincinnati plus the points over Syracuse in this college hoops match up.

3. Michigan State- Make no mistake, this game will be close, but I'll take the superior team, with the superior offense in this one! Obviously, I'm talking about the Spartans, who despite a poor effort a Purdue in their last roadie, have more than enough talent to take it to the Illini this afternoon.

First, Illini-backers may be cheering at the bargain price to back their team in this one, but sharp bettors know better! How many times do I have to tell you: "if it looks to good to be true, it probably is!" Fact is, the line on this contest begs you to side with the Illini, and I for one, am not taking the bait!

Much like their last meeting - a 63-57 Michigan State home win and cover back on January 17th - you can expect a hard-fought defensive battle between two very good Big Ten teams. And once again, the better offense will prevail, as the Illini have balance, but lack the go-to player they need when the baskets stop falling. Spartans Kalin Lucas is coming off a terrible game against Iowa, albeit in a win, and fully expect he'll bounce back strong today.

Finally, I just don't like what I've seen from this Illinois offense of late, averaging just 56 ppg over their last 5 games. True, their defense is great, and a big reason why they've been so effective at home, but so is the Spartans D, plain & simple! In the end, both teams are playing well, but Michigan State is the better team and it'll show in this match up.

Take Michigan State plus the points over Illinois in this college hoops match up.

Mr. IWS
03-01-2009, 10:05 AM
Jeff Benton Sunday's College Hoops winners ... 15 Dime: MISSOURI (plus the points vs. Kansas)

10 Dime: TENNESSEE (plus the points vs. Florida)

Missouri

The Missouri Tigers are freakin’ legit, folks. They’re 24-4 on the season, including 11-2 in Big 12 play, and they come into Lawrence, Kansas, today riding a seven-game wining streak (6-1 ATS). The only non-cover during the streak came in a 62-60 win over the Jayhawks as a five-point home favorite on Feb. 9, but that was essentially two games in one that night. Missouri came out way too wound up and/or way too nervous, and the result was a 30-16 halftime deficit. That’s right: A team that averages better than 82 points per game on the season scored just 16 in the first 20 minutes that night against Kansas.

However, the Tigers found their way offensively in the second half and, along with a swarming defense, they kept battling and battling and eventually prevailed on a last-second basket. The confidence Missouri gained in pulling out that victory was immeasurable, as the Tigers have gone on to destroy their next three opponents – Nebraska (home), Colorado (road) and Kansas State (home) – by margins of 23, 13 and 20 points. And there’s no doubt in my mind that – even though they’re playing in an intimidating venue today against a very good Kansas basketball team – the Tigers will not be overcome by the moment this time around.

Clearly, the oddsmakers agree with me, hence this relatively short number – in fact, Kansas hasn’t been favored at home by less than six points all season. All you have to do to understand that these teams are on equal footing is look at the statistics: Not only do these squads have near-identical overall and conference records, but going back to their first meeting in Missouri – a stretch of five games – both teams are averaging 74.8 ppg, with the Tigers allowing 60.4 ppg and the Jayhawks giving up 64.4 ppg.

Missouri is 3-1 SU and ATS as an underdog this season, including outright Big 12 upsets at Oklahoma State and Texas. In fact, the Tigers have won and covered three straight conference road games and four of the last five. Finally, this series has belonged to the underdog in recent years, with the pup cashing at a 10-4-2 ATS in the last 16 head-to-head meetings.

Bottom line: Kansas has been cashing tickets better than any team in the country this season … and yet the Jayhawks are barely favored today on their home court, where they’ve won 17 of 18 games this season. Doesn’t that raise a red flag to you? It does to me. Grab the points with Mizzou, and don’t be surprised to see an outright upset!

Tennessee

The record book shows that Florida is 16-0 on its home court this season, including 6-0 in SEC home games. However, the ONLY quality opponent – and I’m talking an opponent that has a chance of playing in the NCAA Tournament – that the Gators have hosted in Gainesville is South Carolina, and the Gamecocks took Florida to the wire before losing 97-93 as a 7½-point underdog.

Florida comes into this game in a 3-4 SU and 2-5 ATS slump as it continues a repeat of last season when it started out strong and petered out down the stretch. Now, I admit that Tennessee hasn’t been much better. The underachieving Vols have lost two of their last three (0-3 ATS) and they’ve split their last 16 games, going 5-11 ATS. However, one of the wins and covers during this slump came at the expense of Florida, a 79-63 Tennessee rout as a four-point home favorite a month ago.

Also, half of Tennessee’s eight losses during their recent struggles have come against top-notch opponents Kansas, Gonzaga, Memphis and LSU, all ranked in the Top 25 right now, and the Vols were competitive in each of those defeats.

Back to this rivalry: It has been completely one-sided recently, with the Vols winning the last four meetings (4-0 ATS) and going 8-2 SU and ATS in the last 10 clashes – and this goes back to the days when Florida was winning back-to-back national championships. That tells me that Gators coach Bruce Pearl has figured out Florida’s Billy Donovan.

Finally, Tennessee has cashed in seven of its last 10 as a road underdog and 10 of its last 14 as a road pup of less than seven points, and the Vols have covered in five of their last seven trips to Gainesville. At the same time, Florida is 6-15 ATS in its last 21 home games, 2-6 ATS in its last eight as a favorite of less than seven points and 0-5 ATS in its last five when laying less than seven at home. There’s a ton of value today with Tennessee today, and we’re jumping all over it!

Mr. IWS
03-01-2009, 10:06 AM
Karl Garrett 40 DIMER - MARQUETTE GOLDEN EAGLES...10 DIMERS - KANSAS JAYHAWKS, & DENVER NUGGETS 40 DIMER - MARQUETTE GOLDEN EAGLES - 12:00 PM

Could this line be a trap?

Sure could, as I am not sure why the Golden Eagles are getting this many at Louisville today?

The underdog has covered 7 of the last 10 meetings, and then there is the fact the Golden Eagles have looked very, very bad the last few times they have faced the Cardinals.

Louisville has won the last 3 meetings, and they have pounded the Eagles in the last 2 meetings, winning by 14, and 20 points!

This will be the first meeting between the schools with Buzz Williams at the helm, and I firmly believe he will have a few "X's" and "O's" in place to keep his team close today at Freedom Hall.

Since their ugly loss at Notre Dame, the Cards have ripped off 4 straight wins, and covers.

The 'Ville may win again today, but it ain't coming by the required impost.

Take the points!

10 DIMER - KANSAS JAYHAWKS - 2:00 PM

Hot vs. Hot today in Lawrence, but my money is on the Jayhawks to avenge 62-60 loss in Columbia back on Feb. 9th. The Jayhawks were catching 5 in that game, and did cover the impost. Today we find KU laying the 5, and while the dog in the series is on a 10-4-2 run the last 16, I am siding with the Rock-Chalkers to come through with the win and cover.

Mizzou has been unconscious of late, and after getting some major ink in SI this week, expect Mike Anderson's team to be cooled off at the Allen Field House, a site where the host is 17-1 straight up, and 9-2-1 against the spread.

This game should stay tight for a while, but with Kansas owning wins in 5 of the last 6 meetings, look for the Jayhawks to once again prevail both straight up, and against the spread.

KU to KO Mizzou!

10 DIMER - DENVER NUGGETS - 7:05 PM

Indy played strong covering at Boston on Friday, while Denver defended their home court on Friday, and held the Lakers to a season-low 79-points.

The Nuggets have won their last pair, and 5 of their last 8, and the G-Man suspects they will win again tonight at Conseco Field House.

Denver is a money-making 8-1 both straight up, and against the spread the last 9 times these teams have met. The Nuggets did win this season's first meeting 135-115, and while the margin should not be that large, the result should still be another Denver win, and cover.

No doubt Indy has been playing tough hoops of late, but in the end, this is just not enough points for the home dog.

Denver rolls to # 3 in a row both straight up, and against the spread.

Mr. IWS
03-01-2009, 10:06 AM
Michael Cannon Sunday's Plays...
20 Dime –

FLORIDA

10 Dime –

CINCINNATI

5 Dime –

DUQUESNE

I will be back by 11:00 am eastern with my analysis.

Sports Gambling Hotline DAYTON SERVICE For Sunday, Top-Rated 10? play on Kansas minus the points. Bonus 5? play on Syracuse minus the points, and a Bonus NBA 5? play on Detroit Pistons plus the points.

Tony Weston SUNDAY'S PLAYS 20 Dime Oregon State
10 Dime Rockets

Oregon State at Oregon
OREGON STATE - There must be something in the water in that state because a year after Oregon State was wrapping up a horrible season, Oregon finds itself in the midst of a 7-20 SU season.

After 14 consecutive losses, the Ducks finally broke through and picked up their first SU win of 2009 by beating Stanford 68-60. Over their last 15 games the Ducks have covered only four times and have covered only twice in their last eight home games.

For the season Oregon is only 4-9 ATS at home this year and is getting outscored, on average, 75.6-70.4. Keep in mind, also, that the Ducks have covered in only eight of their last 28 games overall.

The Beavers, on the other hand, come into this game having covered in three straight games, winning each of those SU by an average of 8.3 points per game.

Also, the last time these two played, Oregon State beat Oregon SU 57-54 on Jan. 31.

Oregon State has been hot lately and will cover tonight against the Ducks. Take the Beavers on the road in this one.

Rockets at Timberwolves
ROCKETS - It might be hard to argue because of a few other teams, but at this point in the season the Minnesota Timberwolves might very well be the worst team in the entire NBA.

Minnesota is 18-40 SU this season and has lost five consecutive games SU and has only covered once in that five-game stretch and has only covered twice in its last 11 games overall.

Things don’t get better at home as the Timberwolves have covered only once in front of the home fans in their last nine games in Minnesota and have gone 8-20-1 ATS overall at home this season.

Now the T-Wolves battle a Houston Rockets team that’s covered in four of its last five games and is 5-0-1 ATS its last six games against Minnesota, including covers in two consecutive games against the Timberwolves.

The last time these two met, less than a month ago on Feb. 7, Houston got over easily on Minnesota, winning 107-90 as a 7 1/2 point favorite.

Tonight, the Rockets are laying about six points, depending on where you play this, and will get over easily on the Timberwolves. Take Houston on the road in this one.

Mr. IWS
03-01-2009, 10:19 AM
Kelso 50 unit
50 units Louisville -9.

Mr. IWS
03-01-2009, 10:36 AM
Nick "BookieKiller" Parsons | NHL Total
free pick12 VAN / 11 CLB Under 5.5 Bodog
Analysis: After opening its trip Tuesday with a 4-1 loss at Northwest Division-leading Calgary, the Blue Jackets (31-25-6) again managed only a single goal - a third-period tally by Raffi Torres - Thursday in Edmonton. This time, though, rookie Steve Mason made the goal stand up, stopping 19 shots for his eighth shutout of the season in the 1-0 victory; I am looking for another similar effort this evening. Roberto Luongo made 20 saves to earn the win Friday. He's been in net for two of the losses to Columbus this season, and has dropped six of his last seven decisions against the Blue Jackets; look for this super star goaltender and Captain Canuck to turn that around tonight! The Jackets have seen the total go under the number in 8 of 12 games after scoring one or less goals in their previous game; play on the UNDER!

Mr. IWS
03-01-2009, 11:19 AM
Malinsky

6- lakers
4- louisville/marquette Under
4- bowling green

Mr. IWS
03-01-2009, 11:19 AM
NSA's Selection
CBB Cincinnati @ Syracuse 2:00 PM EST 20* Cincinnati +9
CBB Missouri @ Kansas 2:00 PM EST 10* Missouri +4.5
CBB Marquette @ Louisville 12:00 PM EST 10* Marquette +9
CBB Providence @ Rutgers 2:00 PM EST 10* Providence -3
CBB Rhode Island @ Duquesne 3:30 PM EST 10* Rhode Island +1.5
NBA Detroit @ Boston 1:00 PM EST 10* Detroit +9

Mr. IWS
03-01-2009, 11:27 AM
Handicapper: John Ryan Sports
Sport: NBA Basketball
Game: Cleveland Cavaliers @ Atlanta Hawks - Sunday March 1, 2009 8:05 pm
Pick: 2 units ATS: Atlanta Hawks +3.5 (-110)

Ai Simulator 3* graded play on Atlanta Hawks as they host the Cleveladn Cavaliers slated to start at 8:05 EST and can be seen on ESPN. Upset in the making here as the AiS shows a 70% probability that Atlanta will lose this game by 3 or fewer points and also has a 54% probability of victorious the game. Atlanta is 6-6 ATS (+9.4 Units) in home games versus good shooting teams making >=46% of their shots over the last 2 seasons. Look for Atlanta to get off to a fast start and as a result I like a small 1.5* unit play on the first half line. Here is a supporting system that has gone 58-23 for 72% victories since 1996. Play on home dogs of 2 to 3.5 points versus the first half line after having lost 3 of their last 4 games, with a victorious record on the season playing another victorious team. Take Atlanta.

Mr. IWS
BobbyClarkSports:: (12-6) ++$4750

NCAA: Marquette/ Louisville under 145.5 Wager 550 to win 500
Providence/ Rutgers under 146 Wager 550 to win 500

NHL: Philadelphia Wager 500 to win 600
Washington Wager 1000 to win 500

LOW RISK HIGH REWARD: Carl Edwards Wager 100 to win 500

Mr. IWS
Las Vegas Sport Picks

NBA:

2* Jazz/Warriors over 226
3* Mavericks -6
5* Nuggets/Pacers over 215

NCAA:

2* Missouri/Kansas over 150
4* Rider -5
5* Duquesne -1

NHL:

3* Devils -140

Mr. IWS
Cto - 11* Ark

Mr. IWS
CHARLIE

nba. atlanta+4 (500*)
cbb. miami ohio-5 (30*)
cbb. marquette-9 (20*)
cbb. tennessee+5 (20*)
cbb. rutgers+3' (10*)
nba. detroit+9' (10*) free play

Mr. IWS
03-01-2009, 11:43 AM
CALIFORNIA SPORTS
5* GOM ST JOSEPHS
4* PROVIDENCE
3* Rhode island
3* Clev/Atl UNDER

Mr. IWS
Seabass Steam (100) Fla

Mr. IWS
JB
3*Toronto
2* Port
2* Jazz

Mr. IWS
03-01-2009, 11:44 AM
Lenny Del Genio's Big Ten Game of the Year (4-0 Big 10 Run)
Michigan

Mr. IWS
Wunderdog NCAA (3-4) -3.9 units Sat.

Pick: 3 units on Loyola Maryland +7.5 (-110) (risk 3 to win 2.7)

The regular season finale for both of these teams features the Gaels favored by 7.5 points. Are they worthy of that? Given their 7-10 mark in conference play, and 3-5 ATS record at home, I don't think so. This team has lost seven of their last night games and is 1-4 in their last five games, scoring just 56 points per game. Yes, the Greyhounds are also playing quite badly, but they are not being asked to cover a large number here - they are getting the points. Loyola is 14-2 ATS the past three seasons on the road vs. a losing opponent. Iona is just 1-7 ATS this seeason vs. teams with a record of .400 or worse. Only one way to go in this one.
Game: Cincinnati at Syracuse (2:00 PM Eastern)
Pick: 4 units on Syracuse -405 (moneyline) (risk 4 to win 1)
Pick: 2 units on Game Total UNDER 146 -110 (risk 2 to win 1.8)

The Bearcats need a win here to keep hope alive for an NCAA Tournament bid. But I don't think they get it. They are just 3-4 on the road this season vs. conference opponents and 4-6 overall. The Orange are 15-3 at home this season and they are averaging 14 points per game more at home than does Cincy on the road. I expect the Bearcats to again struggle to score here. They are 7-3 UNDER on the road this season. I like Cuse and the UNDER here.
Game: Providence at Rutgers (2:00 PM Eastern)
Pick: 2 units on Game Total UNDER 146 -110 (risk 2 to win 1.8)

Providence hasn't played since thier huge win over #1 Pittsburgh. How can this game not be a let down after that? And letdowns usually affect offense more than defense. Their offense takes a huge hit on the road as it is, averaging about 10 points fewer than at home. Rutgers can play defense, especially at home where they allow just 64.2 ppg on the season. In conference games, the Scarlet Knights are getting just 63.3 points per game. I like this game to go UNDER the total.

Mr. IWS
akmens nhl

devils

Mr. IWS
03-01-2009, 12:22 PM
special k

sunday cbb 20* super k

kansas

Mr. IWS
03-01-2009, 12:22 PM
Seabass:

20 Oregon
50 MichSt, Louisville
20 Nets
30 Toronto
50 GS over

Mr. IWS
03-01-2009, 12:23 PM
Vegas Sports Experts
The VSE Sunday Hoops Power Plays are:
VSE Power Plays

10* Take Missouri (+4.5) over Kansas (NCAA Power Play)

Missouri
• 11-1 SU over the last 12 games
• 16-3 SU when playing their 2nd game in a week
• Averaging over 82 ppg this season

10* Take Boston (-9) over Detroit (NBA Power Play)

Detroit
• 0-11 ATS when playing on a Sunday this season
• 6-15 ATS coming off two or more UNDER the totals
• 4-12 ATS after covering the spread in two of the last 3 games

-Bonus Pays
5* Take Maryland (+4.5) over NC State (NCAA)
5* Take Calgary (-330) over Tampa Bay (NHL)

Mr. IWS
03-01-2009, 12:23 PM
2:00p
The Prezz NA
St Bonaventure r833
+9.5 (-110) / 4 units

3:30p
The Prezz NA
Rhode Island r841
(100) / 4 units

4:00p
The Prezz NA
Montana State r863
+5.0 (-110) / 3 units

Mr. IWS
03-01-2009, 12:24 PM
Sunday, March 01, 2009
Handicapper: Mike Anthony
Detroit Pistons vs. Boston Celtics (NBA) - 1:00 PM EST Free Pick
Pick: Point Spread: 9.5/-113 Detroit Pistons Play Title: FREE PICK UPSET

Click Here to View Pick Analysis
Big triple revenge game for the Pistons as the first 3 meetings weren't even close. Look for the Pistons to give the Celtics all they can handle especially with KG not playing. Also expect some ruined team chemistry with Marbury and this to be a very tight game. Take the underdog and the points in the early tip-off on Sunday!

Missouri vs. Kansas (NCAAB) - 2:00 PM EST Premium Pick
Pick: Point Spread: 4.5/-105 Missouri Play Title: Top Play

No Analysis

Michigan vs. Wisconsin (NCAAB) - 2:00 PM EST Premium Pick
Pick: Point Spread: -8/-105 Wisconsin Play Title: Top PLay

No Analysis

Rhode Island vs. Duquesne (NCAAB) - 3:30 PM EST Premium Pick
Pick: Point Spread: 1/-105 Rhode Island Play Title: TOP PLAY

Rhode Island is 21-8 and is actually not very far from being 27-2. But the Rams do not have a ticket to the dance at this point, and simply have to win their last two regular season contests to have any prayer of getting in as an at-large entry. Fact is, URI probably deserves more consideration than they're receiving. Five of the losses are by 4 or fewer points, and that includes wire jobs against Duke, Providence, Oklahoma State and Xavier. They also have a triple OT defeat on their ledger, and have really had just one blowout loss all season. That ought to be good enough, but apparently it's not since they are a small school not talked about much. URI has a very good recent history on this court and Duquesne is just 1-9 vs. the number coming home off a conference road win.

Mr. IWS
Handicapper: Mike Handzelek
Cincinnati vs. Syracuse (NCAAB) - 2:00 PM EST Premium Pick
Pick: Point Spread: 8.5/-104 Cincinnati Play Title: Big East Smart Pick

When Cincinnati comes to New York, it usually spells trouble for Syracuse. It holds even more so with + 8 1/2 to boot. Look for a barn-burner.

SIENA vs. Canisius (NCAAB) - 2:00 PM EST Premium Pick
Pick: Point Spread: 8/-105 Canisius Play Title: Metro Atlantic Doozy

You'll be quite shocked to see Siena not used to their 20+ blowout of Canisuis here. Numbers tend to lie more on Sundays and I look for the home harwood GG's to make things uncomfortable for the Saints as they can some treys from the perimeter to make things interesting. Pull the trigger on Canisius because things don't always add up.

Rhode Island vs. Duquesne (NCAAB) - 3:30 PM EST Premium Pick
Pick: Point Spread: -1/-105 Duquesne Play Title: A-10 Marquee Matchup

Both these teams have has their share of hot streaks this season. I feel the Duquesne faithful will juice up the Dukes for a home win here. It's run and gun and the first one to 90 wins. That's Duquesne.

Michigan State vs. Illinois (NCAAB) - 4:00 PM EST Premium Pick
Pick: Point Spread: -1/-102 Illinois Play Title: Big Ten Doubleplay

This Michigan State squad under Tom Izzo has done well on the road until being exposed at Purdue. Expect the same from Weber's Fighting Illini as I think the Spartans struggle from the field today. Illinois frontcourt takes control of this one in an ugly low scoring affair.

Mr. IWS
VERNON CROY

Hardcore Hoops Big 12 Game of the Month

Missouri vs. Kansas
Play: Kansas -4.5

20 Units, Take Kansas ATS, This pick falls into one of my top NCAAB systems and Kansas is the better overall team. Kansas is shooting 49.7% as a team at home this season while shooting 39.6% from beyond the arc. The Tigers have struggled defensively on the road this season with opponents shooting 46.5% against them while averaging 71.1 ppg and Kansas has played solid defensively at home with opponents shooting just 37.1% against them while averaging just 61.6 ppg. Kansas is the superior rebounding team at home today out-rebounding their opponents by an average of 10.3 rebounds per game and they are 11-1 ATS in their last 12 conference games. The Tigers are just 6-17 ATS in their last 23 road games against a team with a winning record at home and the only reason the Tigers beat the Jayhawks back on February.9 was because they committed 13 less turnovers. Take Kansas as my Hardcore Hoops Big 12 Game of the Month.

NBA Non Conference Game of the Month.

Toronto Raptors vs. Dallas Mavericks
Play: Dallas -6.5/107

20 Units, Take Dallas ATS, Dallas is playing great at home lately and the Raptors have lost 5 of their last 6 road games by 8 points or more. The Raptors have only won just once on the road since January and I have Dallas dominating this game from start to finish at home tonight. The Raptors are just 8-19 ATS in their last 27 games against a good offensive team like Dallas that averages over 99+ ppg and Toronto is just 4-14-1 in their last 19 games as a road dog of +5.0 to +10.5 points. The Raptors are just 1-6 ATS in their last 7 road games and they are just 1-8 ATS in their last 9 games after allowing 125 points or more in their previous game. The Raptors are just 9-20-2 ATS in their last 31 games against a Western Conference opponent and they are just 8-22-1 ATS in their last 31 road games against a team that has a winning record at home. The Mavericks are a perfect 4-0 ATS in their last 4 games after failing to cover in their previous game and they are 7-3 ATS in their last 10 home games. Take Dallas as my NBA Non Conference Game of the Month.

Mr. IWS
03-01-2009, 12:26 PM
Bob Balfe

NBA: Atlanta

NCAA: Tennessee

Mr. IWS
03-01-2009, 12:43 PM
FerrRingo for Sunday. Went 8-9 yesterday.

1.5-Unit Play. Take #823 Bowling Green (+10.5) over Akron (Noon, Sunday, March 1)
These teams have really followed a similar path over the last two months. Both put together six-game winning streaks. Both then blew their win streak by getting upset as a double-digit favorite. Both have since alternated wins and losses, including both losing their Bracket Buster game and both pulling off upset wins at Buffalo, and both are coming off of wins. Both teams are in the Top 65 in the country in defense and both play a deliberate style where they want games in the 60’s and 50’s. So, considering the similarities between the clubs I don’t think that this game should have this thick of a number. Bowling Green has not been very good in this series, but this is their best team in years and the road team is 4-1 in the last five meetings.

3-Unit Play. Take #831 Cincinnati (+8.5) over Syracuse (2 p.m., Sunday, March 1)
No chance is there this much separation between these two teams. Cincinnati is 3-0-1 ATS in the last three meetings and actually beat the Orange last year by eight. The Bearcats are still fighting for an NCAA Tournament berth and their recent play has been very close to that of Syracuse’s – tough win over West Virginia, handling St. John’s, (closer) losses to Pitt and Louisville and an OT win over Georgetown. I can see Syracuse getting up big, early in this game. But I don’t think they defend or rebound well enough to really put their foot on Cincy’s throat. There is no quit in this Bearcats team and I actually think they have a chance to catch Syracuse in somewhat of a letdown after their dominating win over St. John’s.

1.5-Unit Play. Take #857 Siena (-8) over Canisius (2 p.m., Sunday, March 1)
I don’t think anyone would really want to mess with Siena right now. They just got their asses kicked by Niagara this week. They have everyone in the country telling them that they aren’t good enough for the tournament. I think they’re pretty pissed and I don’t think Canisius is going to sneak up on them here. The Griffs have won three straight against weak teams, which has helped to keep this line down. But they lost by 18 the first time, they lost by 16 at home to Niagara, by 14 at home to Fairfield, and by 13 at Rider. All four of those blowouts have come within their last eight games.

1.5-Unit Play. Take #866 Illinois (-1) over Michigan State (4 p.m., Sunday, March 1)
The Illini are just too tough at home. Period. Michigan State has been a solid road team this year, but they are playing against the best host in the Big 10. The Illini shoot better, they defend better, and they play smarter on their own turf. This is a team that I think is set with its tournament berth but they could use a signature win to lock it up. The Illini are 9-4 ATS in the last 13 meetings against the Spartans, and in watching Sparty over the last few games they look like they're going through a little lull before making a March push. I think they get ambushed today.

Today's Teasers
We were really sharp with these yesterday and they were one of the bright spots. However, as always, we will honor your record without these teasers. Meaning, if I have a losing day with my straight picks (above) and you have a one-day package then we'll honor that. That said, I have been tearing it up with these teaser plays over the last two months and my job is to make you money, by any means necessary.

2-Unit Play. TEASER: Take #844 South Florida (+16) over West Virginia (4 p.m.) AND Take #856 Rider (-0.5) over Fairfield (2 p.m.)

1.5-Unit Play. TEASER: Take #831 Cincinnati (+13.5) over Syracuse (2 p.m.) AND Take #857 Siena (-3) over Canisius (2 p.m., Sunday, March 1)

1-Unit Play. TEASER: Take #859 Loyola-Md. (+12.5) over Iona (2 p.m., Sunday, March 1) AND Take #820 Wisconsin (-3) over Michigan (1 p.m., Sunday, March 1)

That's it for today. I also have leans on N.C. State and on Manhattan.

Mr. IWS
03-01-2009, 12:44 PM
Stu's 100 Dime Sunday College Hoops Trio Game #1 (SF1)

Marquette at Lousiville (-8') - Noon EST

Everyone knows what a huge loss it was for Marquette to lose senior point guard Dominic James to a season-ending foot injury last game. Rick Pitino and the Cardinals know, too, but with a chance to still win the Big East, the Cards aren't going to show any mercy today in pounding the Golden Eagles. Yes, Marquette still has some heady players and scorers, but James was the key. Second in the Big East in assist-to-turnover ratio and the team's best on-ball defender, James is not replaceable and will be surly missed against the Cards' relentless pressure defense. Undersized Marquette (no one taller than 6-foot-8 center Dwight Burke) will not have an answer inside for the Cards, who have won and covered four straight and are 13-2 SU and 12-3 ATS in league games this year. Marquette has not been an oustanding road team (lost by 18 at Nova, lost outright at S. Florida) and are 1-5 ATS in their last six overall. They're also 0-3 SU/ATS in their last three versus Louisville including a 20-point loss at Freedom Hall last year. Terrence Williams, Earl Clark and the rest of the Cards roll today.

LOUISVILLE (-8') 100 Dimes

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Stu's 100 Dime Sunday College Hoops Trio Game #2 (SF2)

Fairfield at Rider (-6) - 2 p.m. EST

It's Senior Day and the three senior Broncs will not disappoint as Rider (6-2 SU and 7-4 ATS runs) will win going away against this roster-depleted Stags team that is just 1-4 SU and 0-5 ATS in its last five games. Fairfield has endured a season of injuries, ilness and suspensions and again will have a small bench (suspended guard Jonathan Han has ben a big loss). This team is just 1-3 SU/ATS its last four on the road and has dropped four of the last five meetings straight-up against Rider including a 66-49 home setback this year and a 29-point loss on the Broncs' home court a year ago. The Stags are only 1-10 SU and 3-8 ATS as a dog this year. Rider routed the Stags on Senior Day last year and with five players averaging double figures scoring, it will more of the same today as the Broncs cruise.

RIDER (-6) 100 Dimes

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Stu's 100 Dime Sunday College Hoops Trio Game #3 (SF3)

Georgia (+9) at Arkansas - 4:05 p.m. EST

For a team that has dropped eight straight on the scoreboard and 12 of its last 13, this is just way too many points to cover. Arkansas doesn't even have a senior on its roster and in fact starts three freshmen. Meanwhile, the Bulldogs start a pair of seniors, including guard Terrance Woodbury who was in the starting lineup last March when the Dawgs defeated the Hogs in Atlanta in the SEC Tournament championship game. This two teams are world's away from that game, but I do like how hard the Dawgs have been playing under interim Pete Herrmann. They've won two of their last four games with impressive home wins over Florida and Vandy and now they're ready to do some damage in Fayetteville, where they've won four of their last five. They've played tough at Alabama and South Carolina, they're getting much improved play from new starting point guard from Dustin Ware and they've won and covered three straight over Arkansas. The Hogs may well eke out a win today, but no way they cover this inflated price today.

GEORGIA (+9) 100 Dimes

Tony Smith's 100* ACC VIP Winner

Maryland (144') at North Carolina State (-4) - 7:30, EST

Tony's 100* ACC VIP Winner is....

North Carolina State (-4) 100* VIP Winner

King's Sunday 10 Dime College Hoops Trio (BK2)

Marquette (145') at Louisville (-9) - Noon, ET
Brian King's 10 Dime College Hoops Winner #1 is...
Louisville (-9) 10 Dimes

Missouri (150) at Kansas (-4') - 2:00, ET
Brian King's 10 Dime College Hoops Winner #2 is....
Missouri (+4') 10 Dimes

Cincinnati () at Syracuse (-8') - 2:00, ET
Brian King's 10 Dime College Hoops Winner #3 is...
Syracuse (-8') 10 Dimes

Howie's 100 Dime NBA Godfather Winner

Utah Jazz (226') at Golden State Warriors (+5) - 9:05, EST
Howie's 100 Dime NBA Godfather Winner is....
Utah Jazz (-5) 100 Dime Godfather Winner

Mr. IWS
03-01-2009, 12:44 PM
Helmut

WEST VIRG UNDER 125

Mr. IWS
03-01-2009, 12:45 PM
Dave Cokin

Hat N Colorado
Cavaliers
Cincinnati
Bowling Green
Ohio
Niagara
Celtics

Mr. IWS
03-01-2009, 12:45 PM
Dr. Canada

Game 1 - NJ Devils -145

Game 2 - Penguins/Stars over 5.5

Mr. IWS
03-01-2009, 01:16 PM
Craig Davis

30 Dime - Raptors

Mr. IWS
03-01-2009, 01:16 PM
DOC

3-Unit Play #803 Take LA Lakers -4 Over Phoenix (3:30 p.m. EST, Sunday)

The Suns have got some wins over the scrub teams in the NBA recently but when they face top-flight competition like they do this afternoon the loss of Amare Stoudemire really hurts. They were blown out of the water by 20+ points by both the Lakers and Celtics this week. Steve Nash is still hobbled and listed as questionable for this game and we think this could be another blowout if he doesn’t play a major role here. The Lakers have owned this series lately ATS, cashing in six of the last eight meetings. The Lakers are also playing very well on the road lately, cashing in eight of their last 11 contests.

3-Unit Play #807 Take Cleveland/Atlanta UNDER 190 (8 p.m. EST, Sunday)

Cleveland has been playing even better than normal defense lately and they have held their last four opponents to a 84 PPG average. That does not bode well for the Hawks having a big offensive game tonight – they tend to struggle to put up points against the top defenses in the league. The Hawks play pretty good D at home as well, as they give up an average of just 95 PPG. Cleveland allows 92 PPG on the road and have been money for under backers on the road this season (18-12) .

3-Unit Play #817 Take Utah/Golden State UNDER 226 ½ (9 p.m. EST, Sunday)

The Warriors have a laundry list of players on tonight’s injury report and we think that will affect their offense tonight – as well as the fact that the Jazz have been playing great defense lately. Utah has held four of their last five opponents in the 80s and have allowed an average of only 91 PPG during that span. These two teams met early last month and the total didn’t even get close to 220, and the Jazz are playing better on D now so we think this one should wind up in the mid-to-high-210s.
DOC

4 marquette
4 denver univer
4 rhode island

Mr. IWS
03-01-2009, 01:17 PM
Erin Rynning
Nba:
Indiana/reg
und indy/reg
spurs /playmaker
und spurs/reg
Ncaa:
rutgers/playmaker

Mr. IWS
03-01-2009, 01:33 PM
RON RAYMOND’S 5* NBA BEST BET WINNER! (81% NBA SYSTEM)

Pick # 1 Utah Jazz / Golden State Warriors Over 226 -110

Mr. IWS
03-01-2009, 01:33 PM
kelso balance of plays
5 units Rider -6
3 units Cavs -4
10 units Dallas -6
10 units Jazz -5
5 units parlay of above NBA