Maddux Sports

EARLY NCAA TOURNAMENT PICKS
#827 - NCAA - 3 units on Stephen Austin +12
#847 - NCAA - 4 units on Cornell +13
#851 - NCAA - 3 units on Wisconsin +2.5

03-20-2009, 01:33 AM
Matt Farrgo Guaranteed Selections
Date: Friday, March 20, 2009
$50.00 Guaranteed: ***** went 12-8 ATS (60%) during the conference tourneys and his TOP RATED REPORTS were king! During the regular season, his 10* GAME OF THE YEAR reports went an AWESOME 8-4 ATS (66.7%)! His 9* and 10* GOY Tournament reports went a TREMENDOUS 8-2 ATS (80%) for a combined 16-6 ATS (72.7%)! 1st Round GAME OF THE YEAR goes Friday! Do not miss out on this MONSTER! Guaranteed! 3/16/2009

**10** 1ST RND GAME OF THE YEAR *16-6 RUN* Wisconsin comes into the NCAA Tournament as a number 12 seed meaning it along with Arizona was the last teams to get into the field of 65. It may come as a surprise to many that the Badgers were seeded so low but not me. I didn’t think they deserved to be here in the first place. The Badgers finished strong, going 7-2 over their last nine games but included in those seven wins were four victories against teams not making the tournament including two against Indiana. Wisconsin quietly bowed out of the Big Ten Tournament with a loss against Ohio St. which was its 9th loss this season when it had a lead with under six minutes remaining. Sure, that said the Badgers have hung around in their games this season but it also tells us that they do not have what it takes to win these games down the stretch. Solid defense has been the difference in year’s past but that is not the case this year. After leading the nation in scoring defense last year, the Badgers haven’t been nearly as efficient this year. When Indiana shot 54 percent against Wisconsin in Sunday’s regular-season finale, they hit the postseason allowing opponents to shoot 44.0 percent from the floor which was good for ninth place in the Big Ten. After the Buckeyes game, they are allowing 44.4 percent shooting and here is the real kicker. Wisconsin is one of only four teams in the entire tournament that is getting outshot on the season (Michigan, Tennessee-Chattanooga and Portland St. are the others). The schedule has been tough as it is ranked 11th in the nation but in comparison. The Seminoles have played the 13th ranked schedule and they have outshot opponents by +4.9 percent. Over the last five games, Florida St. is +10.5 percent in shooting margin while the Badgers are -5.7 percent in shooting margin. That is an enormous difference. Florida St. made a great run through the ACC Tournament and this is a dangerous NCAA Tournament team. The Seminoles are long and athletic and they are dangerous both up top and down low and a combination of the two is often the main ingredient for advancing in this tournament. Guard Toney Douglas finished the regular season by scoring in double figures in 19 straight games, including 19 or more points in his last 15 ACC games while averaging 23.5 ppg during that span. Center Solomon Alabi leads the ACC with 67 blocked shots, and the Seminoles finished the regular season with twice as many blocked shots (180) as their opponents (89). The Badgers will no doubt be keying on Douglas but as mentioned, the defense is far from what it used to be like as there is no lock down defender similar to Michael Flowers from last year. The Seminoles are allowing opponents to shoot 9.3 percent less than what the Badgers are allowing opponents to shoot over the last five games. Considering Florida St. has played Duke twice and North Carolina in that span, it is even more impressive. Wisconsin is just 3-10 ATS in the second half of this season when playing a team with a winning record. It has struggled against the better defensive teams, going 1-9 ATS in the second half of the year against teams allowing 42 percent shooting or better. Florida St. meanwhile is 7-1 ATS following a loss this season and it has won those games by nearly 10 ppg. If there is a team that matches up well with Pittsburgh in this bracket, it is the Seminoles, just look at the first meeting this season, and we could see a Sweet 16 rematch next weekend. 10* Florida St. Seminoles

03-20-2009, 01:34 AM
Fairway Jay

CBB
20* Big Drive: Utah Pk (824)
3/20/09

CBB
Stephen F. Austin +12 (827)
3/20/09

CBB
Big Drive: USC -2 (841)
3/20/09

CBB
North Dakota State +10.5 (843)
3/20/09

CBB
Cornell +13 (847)
3/20/09

CBB
Wisconsin +2.5 (851)
3/20/09

CBB
Portland State +10.5 (853)

03-20-2009, 01:34 AM
Gold Sheet Key Release won eariler on Thrusday with MARYLAND!

FRIDAY'S KEY IS UTAH STATE!!!!

03-20-2009, 01:35 AM
Karl Garrett

30 DIMER - WAKE FOREST....
10 DIMERS - FLORIDA STATE, & BOSTON COLLEGE

30 DIMER - WAKE FOREST DEMON DEACONS

I will answer the question I posed on my home page...Wake Forest will blow this team out!
I know the Deacons haven't been anywhere near where they were earlier this season, but this is still a team that held down the #1 ranking in the land for a cup of coffee, and I think today's opponent is tailor-made for a game that may stay close for a while, but gets outta control late. Cleveland State did take the Horizon Tournament, but the Horizon was most definitely in a down year this year, and it is likely the Vikings are going back home with a double-digit loss hung on them. Wake has covered 5 of their last 7 when laying points, and they cover tonight, as the Demon Deacons show why they were once ranked #1 in the nation with the ringing win tonight.

10 DIMER - FLORIDA STATE SEMINOLES

I saw enough of Wisconsin on TV this season to know they will not win this game against Florida State. The Badgers simply don't have a reliable enough offense to avoid going into a 5-minute drought or so, which they seem to do at least twice a game.
Florida State served notice with a solid run in the ACC tournament that they can play with the best of them, and after tangling with mighty North Carolina, playing Wisconsin will seem like a walk in the park. The Badgers did drop 3 of their final 5 games straight up, and 4 of those 5 against the spread.
Have to side with the Sems minus the small impost, as I have a feeling Florida State is sticking around for another dance.

10 DIMER - BOSTON COLLEGE EAGLES

Yesterday the Cal Golden Bears of the Pacific 10 were a slight favorite over the ACC's Maryland Terrapins, and the Terps controlled that game for just about the full 40 minutes.
Today we have another slight Pac 10 favorite in USC going up against another team from the ACC.
You see where I am going with this? Boston College has beaten Duke, and North Carolina already this season, and I am just not sure why they are getting no love against a team that I feel is the "chic" "it" team right now.Yes, the Trojans did take the Pac 10 tourney, but they has lost 6 of 9 coming into that tournament, so the G-Man sure as shit ain't sold on Tim Floyd's crew.
I am back BC in this one.

Today's Complimentary Selection

G-Man on a 7-3 comp play run entering Friday's action.
After watching both number one seeds destroy the competition yesterday, I have a feeling Louisville will follow suit tonight with a destruction of Morehead State.
The Eagles won the play-in game on Tuesday, but only netted 58-points in doing so. In fact, Morehead has been in the 60's or less in 3 in a row, and 5 of their last 6.
I have a feeling State is going to have a very hard time keeping pace with this Louisville team.
Don't be surprised if Louisville ends this game in triple-digits the way # 1's Connecticut, and North Carolina did yesterday.
The Redbirds have won 10 straight, and they have covered their last 4, and 8 of their last 10.
Pitino's team is playing with an energy level that will see them in Detroit before long.
Go right ahead and lay this big number, as the 'Ville makes their statement on Friday night.
4? LOUISVILLE

Raging bull

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SOCCER:

HSC MONTPELLIER/STADE BRESTOIS 29 over 2 (France Ligue 2)

HANSA ROSTOCK/TUS KOBLENZ over 2.5 (German 2 Bundesliga)

VFL OSNABRUCK/ROT WEISS OBERHAUSEN over 2.5 (German 2 Bundesliga)

NCAA:

CORNELL vs. MISSOURI OVER 145

UTAH STATE +5

NORTH DAKOTA STATE +10

SIENA +3

FLORIDA STATE -2.5

FLORIDA -5

Mike Devine Sports

CBB
3/20/2009
Best Bet! TENNESSEE -2

Mr. IWS
03-20-2009, 08:25 AM
Bob Valentino

Friday's 25 Dime winner!
25 DIME -- UTAH (minus the points vs. Arizona)

Mr. IWS
Marc Lawrence Playbook Newsletter

3* Siena over the team they are playing
4* Utah over Arizona

Mr. IWS
igz1 sports

Friday CBB Action !!
Thursday Recap: 2-1 CBB (+60 pts)

CBB
4* Syracuse -11.5 (-110)
3* Kansas -10 (-110)
3* Pittsburgh -19.5 (-110)
3* Louisville -20.5 (-110)

Mr. IWS
Sixth Sense

2% Utah St/marquette Under 142.5

2% Syracuse -12

2% Marquette -4

3% E. Tennessee St/pittsburgh Under 149

2% Cornell/missouri Under 146.5

2% Arizona/utah Under 134.5

2% Usc/boston College Over 136

2% Siena/ohio State Under 142.5

2% Robert Morris/michigan State Under 131.5

2% Ohio State -3

Mr. IWS
03-20-2009, 08:26 AM
12:25p
The Prezz NA
Oklahoma State r838
+3.0 (-110) / 5 units

2:55p
The Prezz NA
East Tennessee St r835
+21.0 (-110) / 3 units

3:00p
The Prezz NA
Cornell r847
+14.0 (-110) / 5 units

7:10p
The Prezz NA
Arizona r823
Utah r824
u135.5 (-110) / 7 units

9:55p
The Prezz NA
Florida State r852
-2.5 (-110) / 4 units

Mr. IWS
03-20-2009, 10:17 AM
Jeff Scott Sports

4 UNIT PLAY

Ohio State/ Siena Over 142

The Over is 5-1 in Buckeyes last 6 NCAA Tournament games as a favorite of 0.5-6.5, while the Over is 4-1 in Saints last 5 non-conference games. Siena's games have averaged 147.7 ppg overall and 154 ppg when playing away from home, plus their last 10 games have averaged 152.2 ppg. The saints rank 28th in scoring at 77.7 ppg and 31st in FG% at 47.7%, while their odefense is 228th in points allowed (70 ppg) and 194th in defensive FG% (43.7%). Now the Buckeyes aren't your offensive juggernaut as they have averaged just 66.7 ppg, but they are an efficient offense as they are 9th in FG% (48.4%). With that kind of shooting I can easily see them getting 70+ in this one. The Buckeys have also hit 37.9% from beyond the Arc (33rd) and 70% from the FT line (136th). The Buckeye defense is tough, but the Saints have been able to score on everyone this year and I see tonight's game as no different. Siana will get the Buckeyes into a running game and I look for a game in the 150's here.

3 UNIT PLAYS

Syracuse -11.5 over Stephen F. Austin

The Orange are 5-1 ATS in their last 6 games vs. a team with a winning S.U. record. the Lumberjacks have had a fine season as they went 23-7 overall, including a 7-4 mark vs non-conf opponents, but they did play 3 schools from the BCS conferences (Texas A&M, Texas Tech and Arkansas) and they were 0-3 vs those schools and were outscored by 12.3 ppg in those games. The Orange have been impressive down the stretch, but the OT's in the Big East tourney finally caught up with the in the Big East Final and they eventually lost the Title game to Louisville. Before the 6 OT game the Orange had been playing some of the best ball in the country. Greanted they beat up on some bottom feeders in the Big East, but prior to the UConn game the Orange went 5-0 and those wins included a 25 pt win over St Johns, a 24 pt win over Cincinnati, a 30 pt win over Rutgers and a 15 pt win over Seton Hall. Why do I list those games? Because I feel that those teams could still probably beat the Lumberjacks and If the Cuse can demolish those teams then they should be able to take this one by 15+ with ease. The Cuse are now rested and ready and should have an easy win here.

Pitt/ East Tennessee State Over 147.5

The Over is 8-2 in Buccaneers last 10 neutral site games, while the Over is 6-0-1 in Panthers last 7 games as a favorite of 13.0 or greater. The Buccaneers have been anoffensive machyine of late as thyey have averaged a whopping 89.4 ppg in their last 5 games. Overall ETSU is 18th in the nation in scoring at 78.5 ppg and 51st in FG% at 46.6%. Pitt comes in averaging 78 ppg overall (26th) and they are 12th in FG% hitting 48.2% of their shots. Pitts defense has been good overall as they have allowed just 64 ppg, but gthey may be tiring a bit down the stretch as they have allowed 73.6 ppg in their last 5 games. EYTSU has not been a good defensive team this year, as they have allowed 70.4 ppg overall (231st) and 74.6 ppg in their neutral site games. When Pitt has been a double digit fav this year their games have averaged 149.9 ppg, while ETSU's neutral site games have averaged 154.6 ppg. Both teams will look to push the ball in this one, so i look for a game that will approach the 160's.

Dayton/ West Virginia Over 126.5: The Over is 5-1 in Flyers last 6 neutral site games and 19-5 in their last 24 games as an underdog of 7.0-12.5, while the Over is 5-1 in Mountaineers last 6 vs. Atlantic 10. The Flyers last 6 games have averaged 144.2 ppg, while their neutral site games have averaged 138.8 ppg on the year. West Virginia's games have averaged 134 ppg on the year, including 133 ppg in their neutral site games and 135.8 ppg in their last 5 games. Both defense have played well this year, but the offenses have stepped it up of late and should be able to put enough on the board to get an easy over here.

2 UNIT PLAY

Missouri -12.5 over Cornell

The Big Red are 1-5-1 ATS in their last 7 games as an underdog of 7.0-12.5, while the Tigers are 7-1 ATS in their last 8 games as a favorite and 8-3 ATS in their last 11 games vs. a team with a winning S.U. record. Cornel has had a nice year but most of their damage has been done at home this year, where they went 13-0. Once the Big red left their home court this team went just 8-9, including neutral games. Back in Nov & Dec, Cornell played St John's, Siena, Indiana, Syracuse, Minnesota and St Joes all away from home and were 0-6 in those games and were outscored by 12.5 ppg in those games. Missouri is better than all of thos teams so Cornell should have some real struggles today vs a team that has just won the Big 12 Tourney and may just find themselves in the Final Four when all is said and done. Missouri by 15+ here.

1 UNIT PLAY

Oklahoma State/ Tennessee Under 157.5

The Under is 7-2 in Volunteers last 9 games vs. a team with a winning % above .600, while the Under is 5-1 in Cowboys last 6 games vs. a team with a winning % above .600 and 5-1 in their last 6 neutral site games as an underdog. Down the stretch the Cowboys gamnes have been a bit lower scoring than normal as they have averaged 140.1 ppg in their last 7 games. The Vols last 10 games have averaged just 145.6 ppg. Both teams can score but teams have been playing better defense of late and that will keep the score down here.

Mr. IWS
03-20-2009, 10:18 AM
BobbyClarkeSports: 3-5 yesterday (5-11-1) -$4940

NCAA:
Arizona State -5.5 Wager 990 to win 900
OK State +2 Wager 990 to win 900
Cornell +12.5 Wager 990 to win 900
Arizona +1.5 Wager 990 to win 900
Morehead State +21.5 Wager 990 to win 900
USC-2.5 Wager 990 to win 900
Portland State +10.5 Wager 990 to win 900
Robert Morris +16 Wager 990 to win 900
Wisconsin +2.5 Wager 990 to win 900

Mr. IWS
03-20-2009, 10:19 AM
Jake Timlin
Friday's Action
900? Utah State Aggies

Tipping off the day in grand style I like the Aggies to not only cover today’s game, but I expect for Utah State to pull off the upset against Marquette. The same Utah State team that is the only 30 win team in the tournament thanks to the Aggies being one of the top efficient teams in the nation thanks to their amazing assist to turnover ratio. Plus, the selection committee did Utah State a huge favor by putting the Aggies in the west regional with a opening round game in familiar arena in Boise, Idaho. Meanwhile, for Marquette they have not been the same team since Dominic James was lost for the season due to an injury as the Golden Eagles have lost 5 of their last 6 games. Flat out, the Aggie are 30-4 this year for a reason and with that I look for them to earn win 31 as they upset Marquette. With that take Utah State plus the points for added insurance.

All Utah State!

100? Utah Utes

The one team that is being dissed the most might just be the Utes as nobody is really giving them a change today. Well not only am I giving them a chance, but I see the Utes having their way with the Wildcats today. After all given that Utah has wins over LSU, Gonzaga and a regular season and tournament league title it’s not like the Utes are chopped liver here today. Not like Arizona who has lost 5 of their last 6 games and should not even be playing in the big dance this season. Meanwhile, while all the talk has been about the Wildcats three potential NBA players don’t underestimate the Utes talented lineup the features seven foot Luke Nevill who might just be the best player on the floor today. Flat out, Utah in my opinion is the better team here and it will show as it will be the Utes advancing with a win.

Mr. IWS
ATS Tourney

NCAA
5 units Ariz +1.5
4 units Ariz St -5.5
4 units WVU -9

NIT
5 units Auburn -6
4 units San Diego St -5

Mr. IWS
Charlies Sports - Early
cbb. syracuse vs stephan f austin over 130' (500*)
cbb. east tenn st+20 (30*)
cbb. sf austin+11' (20*)
cbb. tennessee vs oklahoma st over 156 (20*)
cbb. temple+5' (10*)
cbb. kansas-10(10*) free play

Mr. IWS
03-20-2009, 10:39 AM
Dave M@linsky
GAME: Utah State @ Marquette Mar 20, 2009 12:30PM
SPORT: College Basketball Picks
PICK: Marquette
Offered at: -4.5
REASON FOR PICK: 4* #850 MARQUETTE over UTAH STATE
12:30 Eastern

No, Marquette is not the same team without Dominic James. But now that there has been a full week of practice time to make some adjustments the Golden Eagles are still far better than this opponent, and bring some major matchup advantages that they can exploit, along with a sincere sense of purpose – you will see shaved heads when they take the court today, a sign that seniors Jerel McNeal, Wesley Matthews and the supporting cast have not given up on their mission.

While Marquette was indeed 1-5 after losing James, when you take a closer look it is difficult to find any fault at all. Three of the defeats came against tourney #1 seeds Louisville (62-58 in a hard-fought game on the road), Pittsburgh (where they led by nine on the road in the second half), and Connecticut (the actual game in which James was injured); while the other two were vs. #3 seeds Syracuse (in overtime) and Villanova (76-75 at the buzzer in Madison Square Garden). The only time they stepped down in class at all in that span was a 74-45 blowout of St. John’s in the Big East tourney opener. And the reality is that they are stepping way down in clss again.

With James this was a Final Four contender, but without him the Sweet 16 may still be within reach, and this particular opponent was an excellent draw. The athleticism of McNeal and Matthews will be too much for a slow Aggie defense, which means penetration to the basket to set up easy scoring opportunities, and likely foul trouble as well for a team unaccustomed to this level of athleticism. The Utah State schedule rated only #179 this season, without a single road game against an NCAA tourney team, and yet there were signs of wear down the stretch anyway – late-season road losses by 10 at Boise State, 13 at Nevada and 11 at a Saint Mary’s team without Patty Mills, and in the W.A.C. tourney the Aggies trailed New Mexico State by 13 in the second half of the semi-finals before gutting out a one-point win.

Stew Morrill is one of the best tactical coaches around, but you do not attract great athletes to Logan, Utah. As such he has only gone 1-6 in the Big Dance with this program, and the resume does not bring nearly enough to be in this short of a price range against this class of opponent.

Mr. IWS
03-20-2009, 10:40 AM
RJ_Bell | CBB Sides
triple-dime bet848 Missouri -12.5 (-110) Bookmaker.com vs 847 Cornell
Analysis: Favorite Game of Year:

Triple Dime:

Missouri -12.5

Mr. IWS
03-20-2009, 10:40 AM
dr guru

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3/20/09
NCAA BASKETBALL
12* Marquette -4.5
5* Ohio State -4
5* Oklahoma State +2

Mr. IWS
03-20-2009, 11:03 AM
The real animal

Pick title: 2* Marquette -4 1/2
Pick Date: 03/20/2009
Pick description:
Utah State is 0-6 SU since 2002 in the first round of either the NCAA or NIT Tournament. If you don't think that's critical, consider the fact BYU is now 0-8 in round #1 after yesterday's defeat to Texas A&M. This line is giving a ton of respect to the Aggies against a member of the best conference in the country. I know Marquette stumbled down the stretch without Dominic James, but two of their last four defeats were by four points at Louisville and by a single point to Villanova in the Big East tourney last week. The venue today in Boise is preventing the Golden Eagles from appearing on the premium side. But knowing Utah State lost by double digits at Boise State, St. Mary's, and Nevada since Valentines Day has me skeptical about this team given their track record in round #1. Note Marquette is 9-2 ATS in all neutral court games the last two years and 7-0 ATS when the posted total is in the 140's. Take the Golden Eagles -4 1/2 and now steaming to -5.

Mr. IWS
03-20-2009, 11:04 AM
M@LINSKY

4- Marquette -4.5

4- Pitt -19.5

4- Dayt/Wvirg Under 128

5- Michigan State -16.5

Mr. IWS
03-20-2009, 11:04 AM
CRAIG TRAPP TOP PLAY

Craig has this ACC and Big Ten Clash as a key game of the first round of the NCAA Tournament. Not necessarily because one of these teams can win it all but more to see how the two conferences do against each other. Take a look at records and trends below!

Team records:

Wisconsin: 19-12 SU, 12-16-1 ATS
Florida State: 25-9 SU, 18-9-1 ATS

Wisconsin most recently:

When playing on Friday are 9-1
Wisconsin is 1-4 ATS in its last 5 games
After a loss are 5-5

Florida State most recently:

When playing on Friday are 6-4
Florida State is 11-5 ATS in its last 16 games
After a loss are 9-1

Sitting your conference power rankings before the NCAA Tournament can be a key indicator for the both bracket winners and ATS winners. Craig had the ACC ranked #2 and the Big Ten as #4. How do we use this to help pick winners. Easy in this match up Craig had the game as -6 FSU and even at that number still liked FSU. Pretty simple in this game Tony Douglas is the best scoring guard in the tournament and Wisconsin has not faced anybody nearly as good as him all year. Last loss to Ohio State the badgers struggled to stop Turner which is not as good as Douglas. This game might get out of hand early and with the style of Wisconsin might be trouble for them coming back. This spread is a gift and love it. SCORE FSU 72 - WISC 63

03-20-2009, 11:12 AM
Sebastian-UNDER Arizona State
Winner Line-Cornell
OTM-UNDER Pitt.
Rocky Mountain-Pitt.
Kevin Kennedy-Pitt.

03-20-2009, 11:13 AM
Wunderdog

Game: Tennessee vs. Oklahoma State (12:25 PM Eastern)
Pick: Oklahoma State -2 (-110)

Tennessee lost 133 out of 200 minutes of contributions from last year's team that lost trying to advance to the Elite 8. This team took some time to gain experience, and came within three points of winning the SEC Championship, so they are ready. Oklahoma State had a shinning moment in the Big-12 Tournament by knocking off Oklahoma. The problem is that they dropped all of their road conference games to the good teams. Out of conference, they got hammered by the good teams as well. I think this team is still a year away from winning in the NCAA Tournament, so I'll go with Tennessee here.

03-20-2009, 11:19 AM
SportsBetCapping

rough day yesterday 3-8 combined..

early games:
Tenn -2 (5X)

03-20-2009, 11:20 AM
Beat Your Bookie

Daily Premium Hoops & Hockey Winners for Friday

NCAA Basketball

100* Play Temple (+5) over Arizona State (NCAA)

Temple is 10-1 ATS when playing in the month of March the last 3
seasons
Temple is 6-0 ATS coming off a win by 6 points or less this season
Temple is 6-0 ATS in all tournament games this season

100* Play Cornell (+13) over Missouri (NCAA)

Cornell is 11-0 ATS after scoring 60 points or less in the last game
Cornell is 8-1 ATS after failing to cover the spread in the last game
Cornell is 28-4 SU coming off an UNDER the total the last 3 seasons
Cornell is 15-2 SU coming off a conference home win

100* Play Cleveland State (+8) over Wake Forest (NCAA)

Wake Forest is 9-26 ATS when the total posted is between 130 and 139.5
Wake Forest is 1-9 ATS as a neutral court favorite of 6.5 to 12 points
Wake Forest is 6-17 ATS when playing in Friday road games
Wake Forest is 1-9 ATS in all NCAA Tournament games

03-20-2009, 11:21 AM
Vic Monte

500* Louisville.
500* Temple.

03-20-2009, 11:23 AM
Bob Balfe

NCAA Basketball
Cornell/Missouri Over 146
East Tennessee State +20 over Pittsburgh
Wake Forest -8 over Cleveland State
Morehead State +21 over Louisville
Boston College +2.5 over USC
Ohio State -3 over Siena
Utah State/Marquette over 142

Mr. IWS
03-20-2009, 11:25 AM
Beat Your Bookie

Daily Premium Hoops & Hockey Winners for Friday

NCAA Basketball

100* Play Temple (+5) over Arizona State (NCAA)

Temple is 10-1 ATS when playing in the month of March the last 3
seasons
Temple is 6-0 ATS coming off a win by 6 points or less this season
Temple is 6-0 ATS in all tournament games this season

100* Play Cornell (+13) over Missouri (NCAA)

Cornell is 11-0 ATS after scoring 60 points or less in the last game
Cornell is 8-1 ATS after failing to cover the spread in the last game
Cornell is 28-4 SU coming off an UNDER the total the last 3 seasons
Cornell is 15-2 SU coming off a conference home win

100* Play Cleveland State (+8) over Wake Forest (NCAA)

Wake Forest is 9-26 ATS when the total posted is between 130 and 139.5
Wake Forest is 1-9 ATS as a neutral court favorite of 6.5 to 12 points
Wake Forest is 6-17 ATS when playing in Friday road games
Wake Forest is 1-9 ATS in all NCAA Tournament games

Mr. IWS
03-20-2009, 11:25 AM
Bob Balfe

NCAA Basketball
Cornell/Missouri Over 146
East Tennessee State +20 over Pittsburgh
Wake Forest -8 over Cleveland State
Morehead State +21 over Louisville
Boston College +2.5 over USC
Ohio State -3 over Siena
Utah State/Marquette over 142

03-20-2009, 11:33 AM
Billy Coleman

4* Jazz Over 199.5
4* Louisville -21
4* Wake Foest -8
3* North Dakota St. +9.5
3* Dayton +9
3* Florida St. -2.5
3* Auburn -6

Mr. IWS
03-20-2009, 11:49 AM
vegas-runner | CBB Total Double-Dime Bet

828 Syracuse / 827 S.F.Austin Under 131.0 BetUS
Analysis: ** NCAABB 2* LATE STEAM **

Bodog is using 132...VR

Fri, 03/20/09 - 12:25 PMvegas-runner | CBB Sides Triple-Dime Bet
837 Tennessee -2.0 (-110) BetUS vs 838 Oklahoma St.
Analysis: *** NCAABB 3* BEST BET (LATE STEAM) ***

Mr. IWS
03-20-2009, 11:55 AM
Scott Rickenbach’s March Madness Game #829 – 1* (regular play) Temple Owls (+) vs Arizona State @ 2:45 PM ET – We have watched this line climb all the way from 4.5 up to a 6 and this is giving some big value to the underdog Owls. The Sun Devils have trouble creating separation from teams because they’re not a big scoring team. They rely heavily on their defense. Their only truly big scorer is James Harden as Jeff Pendergraph is quite inconsistent (four field goals or less in four of their last eight games). Also, we love the fact that everybody is siding with the big Pac Ten team here while a dangerous Atlantic Ten team is essentially getting no respect. Keep in mind, Temple knocked off Xavier and Tennessee this season and they do a very good job of harassing opponents and disrupting their offensive flow. They are a solid rebounding club thanks in particular to the big contributions of 6’9 Lavoy Allen. Also, Dionte Christmas is definitely capable of matching the Sun Devils Harden point for point. While the Sun Devils are relatively young, the Owls are loaded with veteran leadership and are looking for redemption after getting bumped in the first round by Michigan State last season. For Arizona State, they have not been to the Big Dance in six years! The Owls veteran leadership is a big reason why Temple won all four of their overtime games this season. They do have a knack for winning the close ones and they also finished the season with a ton of momentum. Temple is 17-5 in their last 22 games and all five losses came by a single digit margin. The Sun Devils are simply going to struggle to build any type of margin here. Arizona State also has had the wind taken out of their sails twice lately. They lost three straight games very late in the regular season. Then they blew their game against USC in the Pac Ten Tournament Championship Game. Herb Sendek is an excellent coach but his team’s confidence is a little shaken at this point while the Owls come in flying high! Grab the line value and the momentum with the boys from Philly here. Play Temple plus the points as a regular selection

Mr. IWS
03-20-2009, 11:56 AM
EZ Winners

2* Oklahoma State +2
2* North Dakota State +9.5

Mr. IWS
Las Vegas Sport Picks

NBA:

2* Raptors -1
3* Wolves/Rockets under 193
5* Kings/Knicks over 225

NCAA:

3* Tenn/Ok State over 156
5* AZ/Utah under 134
6* USC -2.5
6* WVU -9
7* FSU -2 -120
9* Stephen F Austin/Cuse over 130

Mr. IWS
Ferrringo

6-Unit Play. Take #850 Marquette (-4.5) over Utah State (12:30 p.m., Friday, March 20)
Note: This is my Game of the Month.

This play is all about value and all about going against the public. And I don't know about now, but that's what March used to be all about. The Golden Eagles have been completely written off without Dominic James. However, I still see a talented and experienced core of seniors that don't want to go down without a fight. With the exception of the first half against Villanova this team played well in The Garden. And even though they have been on a savage slide, let's look at who they are losing to - Pitt, Louisville, Connecticut, Syracuse and Villanova. Has Utah State played anyone even close to the caliber of that? I don't think so. I'm a big fan of the WAC and I can say that it was the weakest this year that I've seen it in a decade. Utah State played a terrible nonconference schedule and a weak conference schedule, and the last time they stepped out to face someone they got rocked by a St. Mary's team that is in the NIT. I love the pressure that Marquette can put on the perimeter, and if McNeal and/or Matthews is on today this one could be ugly. I think that the Golden Eagles are undervalued at the moment as nearly 70 percent of the action is on the Aggies today. I'd like to see the public get humbled today and watch everyone kick themselves for missing out on this mismatch.

4-Unit Play. Take Stephen F. Austin (+12) over Syracuse (12:15 p.m., Friday, March 20)
I just think that there are a lot of reasons why this is a really sharp play and this was the first matchup that jumped out at me when I saw the lines. And not just because I'm a Syracuse fan. The dreaded noon tip in quintessential letdown spot for SU after their amazing MSG run. They are playing some "who?" team. The Orange face the No. 1 field goal defense in the country and a team whose adjusted tempo is No. 300 (of 342), which means they could grind the Orange down.
Further, the Southland Conference teams are 3-0 ATS in L3 tournaments and Syracuse (for some reason) never plays well in Florida. Everyone (in SU Nation) is already looking ahead to Arizona State, Oklahoma and North Carolina in our bracket. Makes it a “Letdown/Look Ahead" spot. Syracuse is just 22-37 ATS as a double-digit favorite dating back to 2003. There are four three-year starters on senior-laden team that has gone 50-13 over the last two years.

2.5-Unit Play. Take #830 Arizona State (-5.5) over Temple (2:45 p.m., Friday, March 20)
I'm backing James Harden and a handful of systems that suggest that the Sun Devils will overperform their seed. Playing No. 6 seeds after a loss is 26-15-1 ATS in the past several tournaments.

2-Unit Play. Take #838 Oklahoma State (+2) over Tennessee (Noon, Friday, March 20)
I'm not big into the SEC and I'm not big into teams that don't care of the ball. I konw that Oklahoma State is a turnover waiting to happen, but playing on higher seeds as underdogs has been a solid 14-7 ATS in recent years.

2-Unit Play. Take #826 Wake Forest (-8) over Cleveland State (9:40 p.m., Friday, March 20)
The same systems that were at play in the Washington winner that we rolled out yesterday are at work here. It's all about No. 4 seeds that are off an upset loss in their conference tournamand and going against dogs of 3.0 or more after an upset win of 6.0 or more in their own conference tournament. That last system alone is 43-21 ATS over the last 12 years. My initial thought was Cleveland State, a team that I like a lot. But I also thought Mississippi State would put up a fight yesterday to, so we're going to trust the system.

2-Unit Play. Take #852 Florida State (-2.5) over Wisconsin (9:55 p.m., Friday, March 20)
Yesterday we missed our ACC-over-the-Big 10 play but I think that we are going to get this one. How much gas does FSU have left in the tank after their run in Atlanta? I'm not sure, but I think they have enough to take down this Badgers team. FSU has been banging heads with top-tier ACC teams all season long and has proven itself against better competition. I love Bo Ryan. I do. But I think that after a few tourney snubs over the last two years Toney Douglas and Co. are ready to unload.

2-Unit Play. Take #833 Siena (+3) over Ohio State (9:40 p.m., Friday, March 20)
I'll take the short line on a team that was in the Sweet 16 last year. Siena was a team that was humbled earlier in the year with an overambitious schedule. Also, they just were not knocking down outside shots earlier in the season. But this is a veteran squad with a lot of options and I think that they are going to raise their game today.

2-Unit Play. Take #847 Cornell (+13) over Missouri (3 p.m., Friday, March 20)
A lot of the systems that were at work in the Memphis game yesterday are at play in this game. Basically, it's about fading teams that made strong ATS runs in their conference tournaments, teams that are heavy favorites off three or more straight wins, and playing on double-digit underdogs that were in the tournament last year. No. 3 seeds off back-to-back wins or more are just 4-14 ATS in the last 12 years. We'll go against the "hot" team and see if Cornell can handle the pressure.

1.5-Unit Play. Take #844 Kansas (-9.5) over North Dakota State (12:30 p.m., Friday, March 20)
Again, there are just a load of systems at work here that suggest a bounceback performance by the higher seed. Playing on teams that were No. 1 seeds in their conference tournaments that were upset in those tourneys (a la Washington) have been a strong, strong play in the past decade. Again, the public is all over NDSU so we're going to go the other way.

1.5-Unit Play. Take ‘Under’ 128 Dayton vs. West Virginia (3 p.m., Friday, March 20)

1.5-Unit Play. Take ‘Under’ 122.5 Wisconsin vs. Florida State (9:55 p.m., Friday, March 20)

Today's Teasers:
2.5-Unit Play. TEASER: Take #826 Wake Forest (-3) over Cleveland State (9:40 p.m.) AND Take #846 West Virginia (-4) over Dayton (3 p.m., Friday, March 20)

2-Unit Play. TEASER: Take Stephen F. Austin (+17) over Syracuse (12:15 p.m.) AND Take #842 Boston College (+7.5) over USC (7:20 p.m.)

1.5-Unit Play. TEASER: Take #833 Siena (+8) over Ohio State (9:40 p.m.) AND Take #844 Kansas (-4.5) over North Dakota State (12:30 p.m.)

Mr. IWS
NSA's Selection
CBB Tennesse vs Oklahoma St 12:25 PM EST 20* OVER 156.5
CBB Utah St vs Marquette 12:30 PM EST 20* Utah St +4.5
CBB North Dakota St vs Kansas 12:30 PM EST 20* North Dakota St +10
CBB Stephen F Austin vs Syracuse 12:15 PM EST 10* Syracuse -11.5
CBB Dayton vs West Virginia 3:00 PM EST 10* West Virginia -9
CBB Arizona St vs Temple 2:45 PM EST (Opinion) Temple +5.5
CBB East Tenn St vs Pittsburgh 2:55 PM EST (Opinion) Pittsburgh -19.5
CBB Cornell vs Missouri 3:00 PM EST (Opinion) Missouri -12.5

Mr. IWS
03-20-2009, 11:57 AM
Handicapper: Matt Fargo Sports
Sport: College Basketball
Game: Temple Owls @ Arizona State Sun Devils - Friday March 20, 2009 2:45 pm
Pick: 3 units ATS: Arizona State Sun Devils -5.5 (-110)

It has been six years since Arizona St. last made a trip to the NCAA tournament and it is not going to go out early as this team has the makeup of making a big run. It is obviously one game at a time but the Sun Devils got a very good draw in the South Region. A win here likely sets up a game against Syracuse and it is anyone’s guess how the Orange are going to react after their marathon trip to through the Big East Tournament. A possible showdown with Oklahoma looms in the Sweet 16 but first things first and that is taking out a Temple team what won the Atlantic Ten Tournament and likely would not be here if not for that. Arizona St. players obviously have no experience on this stage but that should not be a detriment. The Sun Devils head coach Herb Sendek has plenty of experience from his days at NC State and Miami Ohio where he guided the Wolfpack and RedHawks to six tournament appearances, going 6-6 and most importantly, 5-1 in first round games. The Sun Devils went 9-5 against this year's NCAA field and Sendek said he thinks that's enough to overcome their lack of postseason experience. Arizona St. has a very important asset to be successful in the tournament and that is strengths both inside and outside. It has the very versatile James Harden, who will make many first-team All-America lists, as well as the nation's most accurate shooter in Jeff Pendergraph. Both teams put up solid numbers in their conference runs and Temple is no doubt a very hot team right now. However, comparing the Atlantic Ten to the Pac Ten is like comparing a Jeep to a Hummer. It is nice and efficient but not nearly as strong. The Pac Ten is ranked in the top three conferences while the Atlantic Ten is well below that, coming in anywhere between 8th and 10th, in the same line as the MVC and C-USA who each got just one team into the tournament. The Sun Devils have advantages in two key areas and those are complimentary throw shooting and assist/turnover ratio. Those margins are even bigger when looking at the last five games of each team and that is with Temple victorious all five of those. The Owls win over Xavier was a solid win but you have to go all the way back to December to see their last quality win and hat was a victory over Tennessee, arguably one of the bigger disappointments in the country this season. Those were the only two wins over tournament teams as they went 0-4 in the other games against other teams in the field. For the season, Arizona St. went 10-6 against the nation’s top 50 including 4-2 against the top 25 while Temple went just 2-4 against the top 50 and 1-4 against the top 25. Arizona St. is 8-2 ATS this season when coming off a non-cover and it falls into a solid situation. Play on teams from the six major conferences when playing against a team not from those six conferences when favored between 3.5 and 9.5 points and coming off a conference loss. These play-on teams are 45-17 ATS over the last 12 years including a 17-5 ATS mark over the last five years. The Sun Devils will prove to be too much for the Owls on Friday. 3* Arizona St. Sun Devils

Mr. IWS
Dr. Canada

Game 1 - Kings/Pens over 6

Game 2 - Red Wings/Thrashers over 6.5

Mr. IWS
DOC

5 ARIZONA STATE
4 kansas

Mr. IWS
Michael Cannon

30 Dime –

OKLAHOMA STATE

Take Oklahoma State as the small dog over Tennessee in the first round of the East Regional.

I haven’t trusted the Vols all season long and I’m not about to hop on their bandwagon now. Tennessee simply hasn’t lived up to its potential and they’re going to be in for a huge surprise today against an Oklahoma State team that was red-hot down the stretch.

The Cowboys won six of their last seven to close out the regular season, going 7-0 ATS. They reached the semifinals of the Big 12 tournament before losing to Missouri.

I love the tempo Oklahoma State plays and they are also a very dangerous perimeter team. If they’re able to extend the Vols defense that will help neutralize the frontcourt combination of Tyler Smith and Wayne Chism.

Tennessee is just 1-4 ATS in its last five against the Big 12, 2-6-1 ATS in its last nine as an NCAA tournament chalk and 2-5 ATS in its last seven non-conference games. The Cowboys are on ATS runs of 9-1 in their last 10 overall and 16-7-2 in their last 25 neutral-site games.

Take the points with Oklahoma State as they get it done over Tennessee.

5 Dime –

UTAH STATE

Take the points with Utah State in the West Regional over Marquette.

Much has been made of Marquette’s struggles down the stretch after losing senior point guard Dominic James. His absence has left a glaring hole in the Golden Eagles lineup and I expect Utah State to give Marquette a serious run here as a result.

It’s not like the Aggies are some overmatched little school here. They won 30 games this season and knocked off host Nevada in the Western Athletic Conference title game.

Utah State enters this game on a 4-0 SU run, and five of its last six wins were double-digit routs in WAC play.

Marquette is on ATS slides of 4-7 overall, 1-4 as a chalk and 1-4-1 in non-conference play. Utah State is on positive ATS runs of 10-4 in non-conference action, 9-3 at neutral sites, 6-1 as an underdog and 6-1 as a neutral-site dog.

Give the Aggies the venue edge as well, as this game is being played in Boise.

Take the points with Utah State as they have a good chance at pulling off the outright win.

Mr. IWS
Maddux Sports

Hockey

#55 - NHL - 3 units on Los Angeles +240

Mr. IWS
03-20-2009, 11:59 AM
Lenny Del Genio

UTAH STATE

Mr. IWS
03-20-2009, 11:59 AM
Matt Fagro

8* NBA SUPREME ANNIHILATOR *23-14 RUN*

Philadelphia at Golden State
Play: Philadelphia -1

As expected, the Sixers put up a dud against Phoenix the night after defeating the Lakers on a last second three-pointer. I had no interest in grabbing the points against the Suns and also had no interest in putting down seven points on Phoenix despite the probably letdown effect. Philadelphia has how had a day to regroup and we will see a fully focused team tonight. The New Year started slow for Philadelphia with consecutive losses to Dallas and San Antonio but on January 6th, the Sixers started to get things rolling. A seven-game winning streak ensued and since then, they have gone a solid 21-11 to completely turn around what was thought to have been a lost season. The loss of Elton Brand was thought to be devastating at the time but Philadelphia has been more than fine. In the 29 games he played this season, the Sixers went 13-16. In the 37 games he has been absent, they have gone 21-16. It may be coincidental or that other players step up in but either way, this is a team to be on the look out for as there is some great balance and team chemistry working right now. The Sixers are far from out of the woods however as they are currently sitting in the sixth spot in the Eastern Conference but are just five games away from falling into ninth place because of that horrible start that cost head coach Maurice Cheeks his job. They are a game and a half behind Miami for the fifth spot and that is a coveted slot right now as the first round matchup will be Atlanta as opposed to facing either Boston or Orlando is the opening round of the playoffs. Letdowns seem to be common place following games against Los Angeles and tonight, the shoe goes on the other foot. Golden St. is coming off a game last night against the Lakers and even though it lost, it was a close game throughout and the Warriors put in a big effort against their division rivals. The Warriors have been playing better as they have won three of their last four games at home but two of those came against the Clippers and Nets so I am not sold on how strong their home court is currently looking. Philadelphia is 23-9 ATS in its last 32 road games coming off a road loss. When playing on no rest or extended rest of three or more days, the Sixers are 7-18 ATS but everything in-between has been fine, going 23-15-3 ATS when playing on one or two days of rest. 8* Philadelphia 76ers

Mr. IWS
03-20-2009, 01:03 PM
Marc Lawrence

Minnesota at Houston
Play: Minnesota +11.5

When the Timberwolves take on the Rockets in Houston this evening they will be playing with same season triple revenge, a role in which they are 13-7 ATS when playing on the road and off a loss. With the Rockets looking dead ahead to a big revenge rematch with San Antonio, look for Houston to drop to 2-14-2 ATS as home favorites in games before playing the Spurs here tonight. Take the points with Minnesota.

Mr. IWS
Alf Musketa

USC vs. Boston College
Pick: USC -2

We are very high on the Pac 10 in this Tournament. USC won the Conference Tournament and they had to, to get in. None of the games that they played were given to them, their talent and especially defense won their ticket to the Big Dance beating UCLA, Cal and ASU all teams in the Tournament. In the game vs. UCLA the top shooting team in the Nation, held them to 27% shooting with their in your face style of defense.Boston College after beating then unbeaten North Carolina has come down to earth and lost five of their last nine games including losses to NC State and Miami, both whom are not in the tournament.

Mr. IWS
Jim Hurley

Early Plays

3* Missouri -12.5 First Round GOY

2* Utah St +5

Mr. IWS
Special K: 20* Portland St.

Mr. IWS
Red Dog: 4* USC OVER

Mr. IWS
03-20-2009, 01:04 PM
Helmut

BC/USC over 137

Mr. IWS
Chris Jordan

Friday night sweep...

1,000? UTAH UTES - Analysis by 1 p.m. eastern

200? WISCONSIN -

Mr. IWS
tom stryker
5* xavier

Mr. IWS
triple crown
5* missouri

Mr. IWS
03-20-2009, 01:05 PM
young gun
5* fla st

Mr. IWS
CALIFORNIA SPORTS
4 ROCKETS UNDER
4 AUBURN
4 MISSOURI
4 TEMPLE UNDER
3 southern california
3 michigan state
3 arizona under

Mr. IWS
SMTM Sports Picks
2* Oklahoma State +3
2* N. Dakota St. +10

Mr. IWS
Al DeMarco

Friday's Pick
10 Dime - Temple

If you consulted my brackets, you saw I thought there were only a couple of legitimate first-round upsets by lower seeds: Western Kentucky, who upset Illinois as forecasted on Thursday, plus Temple and Arizona (who I used as a free pick today).

The Owls closed the season strong, winning 10 of their last 12, going 9-3 ATS. They carry a five-game winning streak both on the floor and versus the oddsmakers into this first-round game. Last year, as a 12 seed, many thought Temple had a chance to make a little noise, but it was bounced immediately from the tournament by Michigan State. That experience will pay dividends today.

Arizona State is not a physical team with 6-9 center Jeff Pendegraph providing its lone interior presence. Temple, conversely, can hammer foes down low and hit the boards hard with a deep rotation led by 7-1 Sergio Olmos and 6-9 Lavoy Allen, both of whom have played exceptional ball down the stretch.

The Sun Devils and Owls each have strong scorers in James Harden (20.8 ppg) and Dionte Christmas (19.8 ppg), respectively. While Harden is the better all-around player, he will be facing a Temple defense holding foes to 40 percent shooing from the field. Christmas must contend with Arizona State's matchup zone defense, which is different than the one former Temple coach John Chaney employed so successfully for years, but it is similar to that used by fellow Atlantic-10 member Richmond. Christmas broke out of a recent shooting slump by pumping in 29 points in the A-10 title game against Duquesne and 20 versus Xavier in the semifinals.

In last year's tournament, Temple had to travel across two time zones; this year it's Arizona State making the long distance journey from Tempe to Miami. And while the Owls have the 2008 Big Dance experience under their belts, this marks the Sun Devils first postseason outing in six years.

Mr. IWS
03-20-2009, 01:06 PM
erin rynning
his 20* is utah in college

Mr. IWS
SCORE
400 MISSOURI
300 oklahoma state
300 temple

Mr. IWS
M@linsky added

4 Phily -1

4 Memphis +11.5

Mr. IWS
03-20-2009, 01:07 PM
erin rynning
nba:
okla. city / regular

under okla. city / regular
under houst./ playmaker

Mr. IWS
03-20-2009, 01:17 PM
teddy june adds

10* oklahoma state pending

10* cornell
10* boston college
10* utah coll

Mr. IWS
03-20-2009, 01:22 PM
VR

Siena/OSU over 142 2*

Mr. IWS
03-20-2009, 01:37 PM
Kelso
10 units Ariz St
4 unit ND St
3 units Missou

Mr. IWS
03-20-2009, 02:18 PM
vegas-runner | CBB Sides Triple-Dime Bet
851 Wisconsin 2.5 (-110) Bodog vs 852 Florida St.
Analysis: *** NCAABB 1st Round 3* DOG of the WEEK ***

Fellas, I have had NO Problems getting +3 all over the place...Bodog is using 3 as well...So I highly recommend shopping for that Number...That's what we have gotten down at...VR

Fri, 03/20/09 - 7:25 PMvegas-runner | CBB Sides Triple-Dime Bet
854 Xavier, Ohio -10.0 (-110) Bodog vs 853 Portland St.
Analysis: *** NCAABB 1st Round 3* FAVORITE of the WEEK ***

Fri, 03/20/09 - 2:55 PMvegas-runner | CBB Sides Double-Dime Bet
835 ETSU 19.5 (-110) Bodog vs 836 Pittsburgh

Bodog using +20.5 !!

Fri, 03/20/09 - 7:10 PMvegas-runner | CBB Sides Double-Dime Bet
824 Utah -1.0 (-110) Bodog vs 823 Arizona
Analysis: ** NCAABB 2* PERSONAL PLAY **

Fri, 03/20/09 - 12:15 PMvegas-runner | CBB Total Double-Dime Bet
828 Syracuse / 827 S.F.Austin Under 131.0 BetUS

Bodog is using 132...VR

Fri, 03/20/09 - 12:25 PMvegas-runner | CBB Sides Triple-Dime Bet
837 Tennessee -2.0 (-110) BetUS vs 838 Oklahoma St.
Analysis: *** NCAABB 3* BEST BET (LATE STEAM) ***

Fri, 03/20/09 - 9:40 PMvegas-runner | CBB Total Double-Dime Bet
834 Ohio St. / 833 Siena Over 142.0 BetUS

Fri, 03/20/09 - 9:50 PMvegas-runner | CBB Total Double-Dime Bet
840 Michigan St. / 839 Robert Morris Over 133.0 BetUS

Mr. IWS
03-20-2009, 02:55 PM
helmut

3/20/09 CBB Auburn Over 130.5 -110 (858)

Mr. IWS
DOC

3-Unit Play Take Indiana +1 Over Dallas

The Pacers should have Troy Murphy back in the fold tonight and we feel this is the spot where they get back on track tonight. This team plays well at home and had won six straight here before two losses to tough teams. The Mavs have lost three straight on the road and seven of their last nine. The Mavs are 1-7 ATS in their last eight meetings in Indiana and the home team is 13-3-1 ATS in the last 17 meetings.

5-Unit Game of the Week Take New York -9 ½ Over Sacramento

4-Unit Play Take Sacramento/New York UNDER 225 ½

These teams met once this season already, in Sacramento, and the Knicks won by 24 and this Kings team was more stacked them before they had their firesale to the Bulls. The Kings have had all sorts of problems scoring lately and this team has been blown out by an average of 19 points in their last two games. Their main threat for a big game, Kevin Martin, is questionable tonight and we just don’t see any way the Kings can keep up with the Knicks tonight in a game that we think will be another blowout. This Sacramento team really struggles offensively on the road and we think that will continue tonight as they are shorthanded. The Knicks have had a very road-heavy schedule lately and we think this is the perfect chance for a break-out game. New York has covered four of their last five and we think they continue to stay hot ATS tonight.

3-Unit Play Take Oklahoma City +5 ½ Over Utah

Oklahoma City has dominated this series ATS, cashing in 10 of the last 14 meetings. The underdog is also 11-4 ATS in the last 15 meetings. Last time these teams met in OKC the Thunder got a 20+ point win and I am sure they remember the drubbing they got on a recent visit to Utah and have had this game circled on their calendar. Utah has lost three straight road games and although OKC has been in a bit of a slump they have had a real tough schedule and we think they keep this one real close with a chance for the straight up win.

NHL

3 Unit Play. Take Buffalo -105 over Philadelphia

Things are looking bleak in Buffalo with the Sabres sitting five points out of the eight spot with just twelve games left on the schedule. In the last week Buffalo has lost to Ottawa and Atlanta, while bad for a team fighting for a playoff spot both teams are playing the best hockey they have all season. Philadelphia on the other hand is going to be in the playoffs but I think this team has some issue as well, losers of three of the last four and blowing a 2-0 lead in Detroit the other night comes into Buffalo having beating this Sabres three times this year including on March 10 in Philadelphia where the game was tied going into the third before Philadelphia chased Buffalo goalie Lalime after three quick goals. From what I read Buffalo had a hard practice on Wednesday after losing to Ottawa the night before and had what the team called a "fun day" yesterday. While I don't think Buffalo is a playoff team I do think they will be relax and fresh to play this game, the Flyers on the other hand have been juggling their lines and in my opinion are to thin in the defense area to go deep in the playoffs and I don't think they should be listed as a small favorite here tonight.

Mr. IWS
Seabass Early (more later)
Steam (100) USC/BC under
20 Temple under
30 ETSU
100 Mizzou

For tracking, also had 20 NDakotaSt and 100 Utah State

Mr. IWS
03-20-2009, 02:56 PM
STU'S 2500 DIMER PICKS

Dance 2500 Dime High Roller Double Digit Cover #3

Cornell(+12') vs Missouri (146') @ Boise - 3 p.m. EST

Cornell is back in the Big Dance for a second straight year after bowing to Stanford in the opening round in 2008. Meanwhile, Missouri is dancing for the first time in six years and the Big Red will draw upon their experience from a year ago to control tempo in this one and stay inside this big number. Look for Cornell to frustrate the Tigers, who did not play their best basketball outside of Columbia this season. I like DeMarre Carroll’s game, but I see the Tigers getting flustered by Cornell’s patient and deliberate attack. This is a good Ivy League team that with Ryan Wittman (son of former NBA player and coach Randy Wittman) can drain some treys. The Big Red are 16-8 ATS as a dog and have covered 12 of their last 19 non-conference games. Coach Steve Donahue and the Big Red were happy to make it to the party last year, this time they want to move on. They won’t claim the outright, but Cornell will prove to be a pesky thorn as no way Missouri covers this sizeable spread.

CORNELL (+12') 2500 Dime High Roller

Stu's Big Dance 2500 Dime High Roller Double Digit Cover #4

Portland State (+10') vs Xavier(135) @ Boise - 7:25 p.m. EST

The Big Sky Conference champs have won at Gonzaga and lost by just one at Washington this year and Portland State will stay inside this number against an Xavier club that dropped two of its last three and went just 5-5 SU in its last 10. The Muskateers are only 2-5 ATS in their last seven away from home and while they’re a nice club, they’re missing a key componant as they don’t have a reliable point guard to orchestrate the team’s offense. The same cannot be said of the Vikings with senior floor general Jeremiah Dominguez, one of four serious three-point threats on the team. Andre Murray can also drain the trey and Portland State made 309 from behind the arc this year. They’ve won six straight overall and are 3-0 ATS this year on seven or more days rest. The Vikings will give Xavier all it can handle in staying inside this price tonight.

PORTLAND STATE (+10') 2500 Dime High Roller

Stu's Big Dance 2500 Dime High Roller Double Digit Cover #5

Roert Morris (+16') vs Michigan State (132) @ Minneapolis - 9:50 pm EST

Quite frankly this is too many points for this erratic Michigan State offense to cover and Robert Morris will stay inside this bloated number. Michigan State just hasn’t been the same since leader Raymar Morgan went down with walking pneumonia in mid-January. He’s scored seven or fewer points in six of his eight games since back and clearly is not the player he was before he got sick. MSU is just 4-10 ATS when laying more than 12 ½ points on a neutral court and this guard-oriented Colonial team has won five straight on the scoreboard and has held eight straight foes to 64 points or less. Senior do-everything guard Jeremy Chappell will bring his best to this one and the 24-win Colonials will keep this one close.

ROBERT MORRIS (+16') 2500 Dime High Roller

Mr. IWS
03-20-2009, 04:00 PM
Kelso

25 San Diego St
10 Miami Fl
5 OSU
5 Ariz
5 Boston College

Pros if you are interested

5 Spurs,4 Jazz 3 Bobcats

Mr. IWS
03-20-2009, 04:16 PM
RON RAYMOND'S 5* CBB GAME OF THE NIGHT

Pick # 1 Wake Forest (-7.5)

Mr. IWS
03-20-2009, 04:44 PM
John Ryan

Money Line: 103 Buffalo Sabres

Ai Simulator 10* graded play on Buffalo as they host Philadelphia slated to start at 7:35 EST. Supporting this graded play is a system that has gone 125-88 making 35.4 units since 1996. Play on any team against the money line off a road loss against a division rival and with the game taking place on Friday nights. Buffalo is in a solid role noting they are 91-68 against the money line (+27.3 Units) against explosive offensive teams scoring 3+ goals/game in the 2nd half of the season since 1996. Philadelphia in a miserable role noting they are 106-111 against the money line (-52.1 Units) after 2 or more consecutive unders since 1996. Buffalo HC Lindy Ruff is a solid 139-100 against the money line (+40.0 Units) against good offensive teams - scoring 2.85+ goals/game in the 2nd half of the season. Most dominant is the fact that the AiS shows a 90% probability that Buffalo will get 32 to 36 shots on goal. Note that Philadelphia is 21-47 losing 28.6 units over the past 3 seasons when they allow their opponents to get 32 to 36 SOG. Philly is fading a bit having lost 3 of the last 4 and the most recent hated divisional rival Rangers by a 4-1 blowout. Take Buffalo.

Mr. IWS
Stan Sharp | CBB Sides
triple-dime bet851 Wisconsin 3.0 (-110) Bodog vs 852 Florida St.
Analysis: Stan is Betting WISCONSIN today. Pure and simple Stan feels the wrong team is favored here. Wisconsin is the better team and is only the underdog because of the perception that the ACC is so much better than the Big 10. Wisconsin wins this by 7-9 points. TAKE WISCONSIN as STAN SHARP'S OPENING ROUND GAME OF THE YEAR and make them a TRIPLE DIME PLAY.

Mr. IWS
EZ Winners late card

5* Wisconsin +2.5
3* Cleveland State +8
3* Boston College +2.5

Mr. IWS
03-20-2009, 04:53 PM
Scott Rickenbach’s March Madness Game #851 – 2* (Top Play) Wisconsin Badgers (+) vs Florida State @ 9:55 PM ET – In a 12 vs 5 match-up, you would not expect to see a line this low. Also, Florida State won 25 games this season while the Badgers won just 19. Additionally, the ACC is held in higher regard than the Big Ten. So, what’s with this line? It’s all about the match-ups! Wisconsin, under Coach Bo Ryan is very difficult to prepare for when you’re not use to seeing them. That is the concern for Florida State in this match-up. No matter how much you try to emulate what their offense does – in practice – it’s still not the same as dealing with it in live game action. We have a strong feeling here that the Badgers offense is going to give Florida State a lot of trouble. So, both defenses come in, deservedly, receiving a lot of respect. However, only one, Wisconsin, is likely to be successful in their match-ups here. The Seminoles defense is going to get thrown out of whack by the unusual way in which the Badgers offense operates. It’s unconventional and it can be a headache for opponents. Wisconsin has built up some nice momentum heading into the Big Dance. After an ugly 2-6 run in January, they rebounded nicely and ended up in fourth place in the Big Ten. They play a very stingy man-to-man defense and they ended up with some of the top defensive numbers in the country. Their defense is absolutely going to frustrate the Noles in this match-up. Note that the Badgers went 14-1 this season when they limited their opponents to 60 points or less and we can honestly see that coming here. Even though the Seminoles have good size, Marcus Landry is a very strong post defender. Also, on the perimeter, the Badgers have frustrated opponents into making just 32% of their shots from three point land this season. We look for Coach Ryan to hold a significant “X’s and O’s edge” over Florida State Coach Leonard Hamilton. Also, this is the Noles first trip to the Big Dance in over ten years and they just don’t have true “tournament experience” under their belts. Also, guard Toney Douglas is a senior and a fantastic scorer but, other than Douglas and Uche Echefu, the Seminoles rely very heavily on freshman and sophomores. This is a weakness as they face a Badgers team that went to the Sweet Sixteen last season. The Badgers have two juniors, Trevon Hughes and Jason Bohannon, as well as two seniors, Joe Krabbenhoft and Landry, that they rely heavily on. There is a wealth of experience with these players and their sophomore players also gained valuable experience with last year’s post-season run. The Noles will be the “trendy choice” here but when you factor in tactical match-ups as well as experience, Florida State is very likely to get frustrated here and we foresee a “traditional” 12 vs 5 upset here! Play Wisconsin plus the points as a Top Play selection.

Mr. IWS
03-20-2009, 06:12 PM
Seabass night action
100* usc
50* mich st,
50* tulsa
30* sd st